- Text Size +
"OW!!! Shit!!" I screamed, "Mother fuckin' table!"

Yep, I had run into the table. It was already turning out to be a bad day and it was only 7:45. Not a great way to start out on the first day of school.

The week and a half had flown by. I was DREADING going back to school. Who knows what Lindsay told everyone. The whole school will probably be against me. And Ms. Johnson, Ashley, is my Algebra teacher... Life is good.

AJ walked into the living room where I was now sitting on the couch with my arms crossed. "What are you doing?" He asked me.

"Nothing. But your damn table got in my way." I told him. I rubbed my leg and said, "I think there might be permanent damage done."

AJ laughed. "You know," he said, "You are probably the most uncoordinated person I know."

"It's a gift in a curse." I told him.

"Yeah, well you'd better hurry up and get dressed. I'm taking you to school." AJ said.

"Why?" I asked. I thought I was going to take the bus...

"Because I don't need you getting in a fight with Lindsay at the bus stop." AJ told me.

Oh. Good point.

I limped upstairs. My leg really did hurt. I think that AJ needs to rearrange his furniture in a way in which I will not hurt myself anymore. I went into my room and quickly got dressed in the clothes I'd already picked out. This day I figured I had to make an impression on all the people at school. Whether it be good or bad.

I put on some shoes. I don't know which ones, I just put em on. Then I picked up my almost empty black backpack that Jared and I had "dressed up" the day before 7th grade. We got his brother to tag it and stuff, and then we'd wrote a bunch of mean shit on it. I hope I don't get shot...

I headed back downstairs and called, "I'm ready! Get your ass up and take me to the hell-bound educational institution!"

AJ walked out of the kitchen with his keys and asked, "And how is it hell-bound?"

"Cuz I'M going there!" I said.

"Right... " AJ said, "Just don't freak anybody out." He told me as we walked out of the front door.

"Does walking up to sixth graders and saying, 'Fear me, for I will destroy you' count as freaking people out?" I asked.

"They're sixth graders. Of course not." AJ said.

"Good... "