- Text Size +
I scared four people before the first bell. Two sixth graders, a small eighth grade cheerleader, and someone's little sister. She came up to me and asked, "You don't like Tinker Bell?"

I told her, "I think Tinker Bell is reason that there all evil things in this world and she should have died in the friggin movie."

Then she ran away from me and I headed towards my first period class. American History. Whoo. People whispered to each other when they saw me. I realized that everyone at this damn school dress preppy. I looked like an outcast.

Awesome.

I ran into Evan in the hall while he was heading to his class. He was with a bunch of other idiot 16 and 17 year olds who can't pass the eighth grade. Glad to see he wasn't the only one. But a lot of them looked high. {Yes people, there are some 16 and 17 year olds in eighth grade. And they're pretty cool people as long as they don't try to sell you drugs... }

"Hey, Kel." He said when I passed by him.

I turned my head. "Yeah hi." I said quickly before speeding off down the hall. I would have stopped and talked to him if those other guys weren't with him. To tell you the truth, they kinda freaked me out.

***********

I got to my first class late. What a great way to get noticed. The only seat I could find was in the forth row, in front of a bunch of stuck up looking cheerleaders gossiping while they were in their uniforms. Lindsay was one of them. When she saw me, she whispered to the girl next to her who laughed and told the girl next to HER. The chain went this way until it reached the last person.

I sat down for only about a minute before the teacher said, "Kelly Conner. Please, stand up and tell something about yourself."

"I'd rather not." I muttered.

"Come on," She said, "Get up. Talk. Where are you transferring from? What are your interests?"

I got up slowly and said, "My name is Kelly. I came here from Nevada at the beginning of the summer. I wasn't here the first day of school cuz I hopped a plane with my friend Jared and flew off to Nevada again. And I wasn't here for the past week... and a half because I broke that bitch right there's," I pointed behind me at Lindsay, "nose. So yeah, that's me."

After I sat down again I glanced behind me and saw Lindsay and the rest of the pompom crew send me death glares. I smiled and faced forward again, pleased that I had successfully pissed off an entire group of girls in one sentence.

"O-kay... " The teacher said slowly, "Is there anything else you'd like to share with us?"

I shook my head. "Nothing any of you would be interested in." I said.

"Does anyone have any questions for Ms. Conner?" She asked the class.

Oh please God no.

A few hands went up. The teacher called on one person. "Carl?"

"Are you gay?" He asked.

A lot of people laughed and the teacher snapped, "Carl!"

I just rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I am. Tiffany's my bitch." I said sarcastically.

"I am not!" A girl with long black hair and green eyes exclaimed from the front row.

"Of course she's not gay, C." Another guy told Carl, "She's the chick who goes out with Chris."

"Chris Jackson?!" One of the ditzes squealed from behind me, "Her?"

Jackson... so THAT'S his last name? I never knew that.

I shrugged and tipped back in my chair as the class talked about this. Obviously Chris was very popular here.

"Why would Chris go out with her?" Lindsay asked, "Especially when he could have me?"

I looked back at her. "If you were the only other choice he had, then of course he would choose me you easy little slut." I growled.

The cheerleaders gasped and some of the guys went, "Oooooh! Burnt!" like the friggin idiots they are.

"That's enough you two." The teacher snapped, "Now does anyone have any meaningful questions for Kelly?"

Not one hand went up. Figures. You ask a bunch of eighth graders to ask anything meaningful, you're practically speaking a whole different language.

"Now, for extra credit in my class, who will show Kelly around the school today? I'm sure she'll appreciate it." The teacher said.

Yeah right. Me, appreciate anything? Get real.

A few people raised their hands. The teacher picked one of them. "Okay, Jamie. Meet her at lunch."

Jamie turned her head and smiled at me. I sent her a forced smile back. Great...