- Text Size +
"Kelly." A voice kept calling, "Kelly!" It wouldn't stop. "Kelly Conner!" It called sharply and then there was a big banging noise.

I awoke with a start and looked around me. Where was I? A few moments later I realized that I was in my third period class and my teacher, Ms. Daniels was standing in front of my desk with her big stick pointer thingy. She must have banged it on my desk when I didn't wake up. She was looking at me sternly. Everyone was laughing.

"Glad you could finally join us. Now would you please pay attention?" Ms. Daniels asked.

I slouched down in my seat and crossed my arms. Science. Boring... And Ms. Daniels was the oldest, most boring teacher in the whole school. I was sitting in the front row, and behind me I could still hear Daniel and his little posse laughing at me. I looked behind me and glared at them. He and Lindsay seemed to be pretty close to each other. I guess they were back together. Well, they deserve each other.

Jamie leaned over to say something to me. "Just ignore them. They're jerks. All of them."

"I know. I have had the displeasure of meeting them all." I whispered back to her when Ms. Daniels had her back turned.

Jamie smiled. "Try going to school with them since the second grade." She said. Then she went back to her worksheet.

I'd finished mine. It was so easy. I leaned back in my chair, like I always do, and waited for the next worksheet to come my way. Everyone else seemed to be struggling with it. Except for Jamie and Chad, who sat behind me. Chad was finished also, and Jamie just kept talking to people and daydreaming.

A few minutes later and office assistant came into the classroom with a pass to the office. She gave it to Ms. Danie's who looked at it and said, "Kelly Conner."

I looked up curiously. "Yeah?" I asked.

"For you. Go up to the office. And bring your things. It says here that you won't be coming back this period." Ms. Daniel's told me.

I got up slowly and picked up my backpack. Chad and Jamie exchanged curious glances before looking at me. I walked to Ms. Daniels and took the pass from her before leaving the classroom.

I slowly made my way to the office. I hoped I wasn't in trouble. But what would I be in trouble for? I didn't do anything yet. Could they tell the future??

I walked into the office and showed my pass to Ms. F.

"Where do I go?" I asked her shakily. I was pretty nervous.

Ms. F took a look at my pass before pointing to Ms. Holmes office. The one that I was all too familiar with. I walked over to it and knocked before walking in.

"Ah, Kelly, come in." Ms. Holmes said.

I walked inside and saw that Evan and a few others were in there. Evan was slumped down, with his arms crossed. He looked angry.

"Take a seat or stand up." Ms. Holmes said, "Maybe one of these young men would be nice enough to move and let you sit."

Evan stood up and stood behind his chair. "Sit here." He muttered.

I did. I perched myself on the edge of it. "What did you need me for?" I asked.

"It seems that there has been some vandalism in the bathrooms about some of the ladies at this school. In both the boys and girls bathrooms." Ms. Holmes said.

"About me?" I asked.

"No, about Lindsay Johnson and a few of her friends. It just appeared yesterday." Ms. Holmes said, "I immediately knew that these four boys were responsible for what was written in the boys bathroom, but for the girls bathroom I had to think a bit. Nothing like this has ever happened in there until you came."

"You're blaming ME for this?" I asked bewildered.

"Like I said, nothing like this has happened until you came. And I know that you and Miss Johnson have an already bad attitude towards one another." Ms. Holmes said, "So I am almost certain that you were the one who did it."

"We already told you," Evan spoke up angrily, "She didn't do it."

"And who did then, Mr. Hillard?" Ms. Holmes snapped.

"We won't say." Another spoke up.

"Well until you do, I'm holding Miss Conner responsible." Ms. Holmes said, "I've already called all of your parents and they're on their way."

I sat there with my mouth hanging open. I couldn't believe it! Just because I'd gotten off to a bad start with Lindsay, the damn principal was automatically blaming me! That was so unfair! And what's even worse is that AJ is going to be so pissed off! He'll never believe me in a million years that I didn't do it. I'd already proved to him that I was the type to do that.

I looked behind me at Evan who was gripping the back of the chair I was sitting in. He mouthed "Sorry." to me. And why couldn't Evan had just told who the hell really did it so he could get me out of this? He'd seen how angry AJ had gotten with me! He should know that I'll get in deep, deep trouble.

Dumb bastard.