- Text Size +
"Ms. Homles is a crack whore bitch." AJ told me later that night.

"Jeez, I know. Can you believe that she'd suspect me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I can believe it because she already has something against you, but it pisses me off." AJ said.

"Hey, do you think that you could cuss out some more of my teachers?" I asked.

AJ shook his head no. "No way. Absolutely freaking not." He told me.

"But you gotta admit, it was pretty fun, huh?" I asked.

AJ nodded his head. "The most fun I've had in a while." He told me.

"So, did you get any sleep after you got home?" I asked him.

"No! Not one friggin minute." AJ said, "Natalie dropped by and we went out for a few hours."

"Is she gonna like, rule your life now or something?" I asked.

"No. She just wanted to go out." AJ insisted.

"Sure... " I said, not believing him for a minute, "So, where'd you go?" I wanted to know.

"Nowhere, really. Just to this cafe that sold shit coffee." He told me.

"What'd you talk about?" I asked.

"God, I don't know! What's with the 20 questions thing going on here?"

"Do you like her? Is she the one? Will you marry her? What'd she wear? Did she have her hair done? Nails? Make-up? How many kids are you planning on having together?" I kept shooting out the questions to him.

AJ covered his ears with his hands, "Shut up! Where's the damn pizza?"

"I'm supposed to be asking the questions... " I said, "Where's the damn pizza?"

AJ uncovered his ears and said, very slowly and seriously, "I am planning on marrying this woman. Yes, I am. And we're going to have two kids together. Billy and... Sue... yeah, Sue. Short for Susanna."

He must have seen the shocked look on my face, because he suddenly broke out into a smile and continued, "And we're going to kick your butt out onto the streets, because it won't look good to have an older child. Life will be good."

I hit him on the arm. "Shut up! You're not even funny!" I said.

"Jeez, I was just kidding. Lighten up... " He told me, "I'm not planning on marrying her... anytime soon at least. And there will be absolutely no kids. God knows I don't need anymore."

"What? Do I tire you out enough?" I asked.

"Yup." AJ said, "Especially when you were a baby." He leaned back in his chair and said, overdramatically if you ask me, "You would never shut the hell up! Every night, till four in the morning, cry cry cry cry cry! You drove me and your mom crazy!"

"Oh, come on. I was a sweet baby and you know it." I told him.

"Yeah, when you were asleep. Which was hardly ever." AJ told me.

"Well, not a lot has changed, as you can tell." I smiled with my fake sweetness.

"Well, at least you sleep now." Was all AJ said.

The doorbell rang. PIZZA! Fina-frickin-ly! "Shut your mouth and get the pizza." I demanded AJ.

"You are an evil, evil child." AJ said, standing up.

"I know, I pride myself on it."