- Text Size +
The next few weeks of school went by pretty smoothly. I didn't get anymore suspensions or parent teacher conferences. Yeah, sure, there was a referral here and there and I got sent out of the classroom almost everyday, but other than that I was a good little girl.

Fall break came and went. I was glad to get that week off from school. Jamie and them came over once, but I realized that they're freaking boring. Not the type of people to invite to your house. Just the type to hang out with at school.

And since AJ wasn't forbidding me to see the guys, they came over almost everyday now. We hang out outside and push each other into the pool. Chris and I had gone out a few more times, but it was nothing big. He still hasn't kissed me, in case you wanted to know. Why it's any of you business, I don't know... AJ is still weirded out by him. Not because of his hair, but because of his age. It's only a year since I will be 14 in one fricking week!

Oh, and my mom is flying out here (with her dumbass boyfriend... ) a few days after my birthday! Yay! She says she can't come on my birthday because she can't get off work. But I don't care! She'll be here on Halloween. (so will her dumbass boyfriend... ) I don't know if AJ is too thrilled about it, but he agreed to let her (and her dumbass boyfriend... ) stay at his house. Only because he knows that my mom doesn't have the kind of cash to get a hotel. Plus, I don't want her (though I don't really care about her dumbass boyfriend... ) to stay in a hotel! I'll never see her!

AJ still goes out with that damned Natalie Dudly woman. It pisses me off, too cuz she's always at the house. But I haven't had the proper chance to freak her out. Maybe I'll get AJ REALLY mad at me and have him hit me! Then she'll not want to go out with him anymore! But I think that would hurt... Anyway, they're always out really late at night still. Grosses me out just to think of what they do.

So that's just about all that's happened in the past few weeks. Nothing HUGE like a death or marriage or anything.

*************

I got off the bus and started down the street towards my house. Before I even got half of halfway there, Chris, Paul, and Jordan all came up behind me and just about scared the shit out of me.

I turned around and said, "Hey, what are you guys doing here? Did you ditch?"

I saw Lindsay and the ditzes all standing together looking evilly at me. Ha ha. They so want Chris!

"Damn straight, we did." Paul said.

"Right after second period." Chris told me, "Broke into the closed down skatepark and spray-painted shit all over it."

"I wish I woulda been there! I had to sit through my stupid classes trying not to fall asleep!" I said.

We continued down the street and Chris put his arm around me. I almost, as an instinct, hit him, but then I remembered that this was CHRIS! I have been wanting, wishing, that he would do this!

"Those girls behind us are staring, so I gotta pretend that you and me are serious." He told me.

Oh. I thought he was doing this cuz he liked me. But nooooo.

After we'd lost Lindsay and them, he took his arm away and pretended that nothing had happened. I should have yelled at him, but it's just a matter of time till he does anything. Just a matter of time...

We got to my house and I said, "Well, I gotta go. I'll talk to you guys later."

"Can't we come in?" Jordan asked me.

"Uh... " I shifted my weight nervously from one foot to the other. AJ told me specifically that they could come over as long as he was there. Other than that, no way! And AJ said he'd be gone until at least 5:30 that day. He'd told me that he didn't mind them hanging out with me, but he still didn't trust them. "Actually, I've got a lot of homework. And there are these tests that I gotta pass if I want to go onto the ninth grade. So why don't you come over at around 6:00? If you can, that is."

Chris shrugged and said, "Sure. See you at 6 then."