- Text Size +
Chris and the other guys were at my house. We were up in the room (with my door opened... ) listening to CD's.

"You guys coming to my birthday?" I asked them. I was lying on my bed, hanging upside down.

"Yeah, I guess." Paul said.

"I am." Chris told me.

"I guess that I will, too." Jordan agreed with a shrug.

"When is it?" Chris asked me.

"The twenty-sixth." I answered him. "So you'd better show up!"

"We will." Jordan told me.

AJ appeared in my doorway and asked, "You guys hungry?"

Chris, Jordan, and Paul shook their heads no, but I jumped off my bed. "Yup." I answered, "Whatdaya got for me?"

"Whatever you want." AJ said, "Come downstairs and get something."

"I'll be right back." I told the guy, and followed AJ downstairs.

Natalie was in the living room. She didn't say much. I was beginning to wonder if she could talk... Maybe she was from a foreign country.

When we got to the kitchen AJ said, "Okay, we got soup or Macaroni and Cheese."

"That's a pretty limited variety." I said.

"I know, but you're going to have to choose one." AJ said.

"Mmm... " I thought for a second before saying, "Macaroni and Cheese."

AJ smiled, "Okay, you can go upstairs while I make it." He said, "Oh, and your friends should be leaving now. You do have school tomorrow."

"Okay." I said, not wanting to give AJ a hard time. I figure I should cut him a break once in a while.

***************

"You're Mac and Cheese tastes like shit." I told AJ while we ate.

Chris, Paul, Jordan, and Natalie had all gone home. So now it was just me and AJ in the kitchen.

"Yeah, I know." AJ agreed, "I think I put in too much water."

I picked up a spoonful of the watery Macaroni and Cheese and then poured it back into the bowl. "Ya think?" I asked.

AJ put his bowl down and said, "That's it. I'm ordering some damn food. What do you want?"

"Anything but pizza." I said.

"Chinese?" AJ suggested.

I shrugged. "Sure, why not?"