- Text Size +
I don't think he saw me. Or at least he didn't recognize me. He looked right past me. But why should he recognize me, anyway? He hadn't seen me since I was like, two and he left. So I dragged my feet along the carpeted floor and went over to him.

"Hi." I said, still not looking up. I didn't sound happy at all. I sounded miserable and upset. Which I was, of course.

"Kelly?" He asked.

I looked up and rolled my eyes. "Yes. Who the hell else would I be?" I asked rudely. Why am I so mean? Oh yeah...cuz I hate him.

"Uh..." He started. I obviously made him nervous. Mission accomplished. "No one. Um, you look just like your mom."

"Yeah, can I get my bags?" I asked.

AJ nodded. "Y-yeah. Let's go." He said.

I followed him to the baggage claim, looking around as we went. Everyone looked just the same as they do in Vegas, Shorts, tank tops, sluts, and some really hot looking guys. People would turn and look at AJ, obviously recognizing who he was. But no one approached him. Ha! He's not as famous as he used to be.

"How many bags do you have?" AJ asked me.

"Two." I told him.

We reached the baggage claim and I got my two bags. "Let me help you." AJ said.

"I got it. I don't need your help." I said. I didn't need him touching my stuff.

**********************

Once we had gotten outside though, I wished I would have given him at least one of the bags. I had no idea they were so heavy.

It was dark out and the only lights in the parking lot were from the street lamps and people headlights. But AJ seemed to be able to find his way around. I hoped he'd get to his car soon. I was sinking under the weight of these bags.

"Are you sure you don't want me to take one of those? It's still a ways to my car." AJ said.

I sighed to make him think that I didn't really want to give him one, but I was secretly grateful he would. I handed him one of the bags, the heavier one, but didn't smile or thank him. Why should I? Makes no difference. Besides, I don't want him thinking I like him or anything.

A few minutes later we finally reached his car. It's small and black and looks all expensive. I am totally excited to get to ride in it! The best car I've ever ridden in is one of the new city busses...AJ opened the trunk and put the bag he was holding in it, and then the two that I had and put them in, also.

Come on, talk to me! I want him to say something to me. He's supposed to be getting to know me. And I want to be mean to him!!! Though he probably knows that and he's too afraid to say anything to me. Hee hee hee.

He walked to my door and unlocked it, leaving me to open it as he walked around the car to his side. How freaking rude! I tell ya, he's got some bad people skills! He has to be unbearingly nice to me. So nice that I feel like strangling him. Now he's being so...emotionless that I want to strangle him!!! He doesn't want to be nice to me. He doesn't want me. WHAAA! Right...I care so much.

I got inside and slammed the door closed. I didn't buckle my seatbelt. I figure, he crashes, I die, I don't have to live in this hell hole.

Holy crap was I wrong. After this man got on the road, I had to put it on. He drives like a maniac! He tried to cut off an 18 wheeler! I'm freaking out now...

"Would you slow down?" I asked him.

AJ looked at me and saw that I was clutching the sides of my seat. "Sorry." He said and slowed down a bit. But I was still scared to be in the car with him.

Well, I made it to his house in record time. He lived in a gated community. There are security guards and everything. No way this house will get robbed. It's like a whole new world here. In Vegas our apartment complex has no security guards, no gates, and just about no safety. We've been robbed before. There was nothing to really take. The cops were always at the apartment next to ours because they were drug dealers. Jared tried to buy from them once. He's kind of stupid.

Before he even stopped the car fully, I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door, flinging myself out yelling, "Get me out of this death mobile!"

"What?" AJ asked. I could tell that he was not amused, but then again, what do I care?

When he got out of the car, I pointed at him and said, "YOU are going to kill me if I ever have to go in this damn car with you again."

"Oh come on," AJ said, "I don't drive that bad."

He walked around to the trunk and opened it. He took out one of my bags and put it on the ground.

"Hey!" I cried, "Don't put that on the ground!" I picked it up and muttered, "Dumbass."

"Sorry." AJ said. He took out the other two and tried to close the trunk while holding them both.

Hmm...it's a bit amusing to watch him do this. I feel a bit sorry for him. But what can ya do?

"Okay, that's enough." I said a few minutes later. He was still struggling with the trunk! I walked over and closed it with my free hand. "Now hurry the hell up."

I followed him to his front door. At least I think it was the front door. So many doors on his house I get confused. It's like the Winchester Mystery House or something. It's huge, too. I've never been in a house this big before in my life. At least I don't think I have been. I really don't remember before the first grade...I fell off of the monkey bars and got a concussion. It's what happens when all the kids in your class are against you.

AJ managed to unlock and open the door. Though a monkey could do it, I had to give him props. He seems stupider than a monkey.

I shut the door behind me when I walked inside. "Let me take you to your room." AJ told me.

"Okay." I agreed. Tired. Need sleep. Now.

AJ walked slowly up the stairs, trying not to fall backwards. Wow. I had no idea my bags were so heavy...When we both got all the way up the stairs he led me a little ways down the hall. He set one og my bags down and opened the door. I decided not to get mad at him for that because I could honestly care less where he puts my bags.

"This is your room. Uh, I didn't know what your favorite color was so I just got...pink things. If you want to change it, that's fine." AJ said.

"It's okay." I said, pushing past him.

"Okay..." AJ walked in behind me and put both my bags next to my door. "I'll leave you alone now."

"Yeah, yeah. Just leave." I said.

I heard AJ sigh as he walked out of the room. I had to feel kind of sorry for him. Poor guy...he tries way too hard.

I took off my shoes, laid down on the light pink bedspread and closed my eyes. I was really tired. When I got here it was about 9:30 in Las Vegas. That means 12:30 here. So as you can imagine, I was very tired.