- Text Size +
"What the hell do you mean there's only one bed in the room?" AJ exploded at the man at the front desk.

"I'm sorry," The man said, "We thought you only asked for one bed. We're very sorry. If you two would just wait a few hours, we can get you a new room."

"No," I spoke up, "We'll take this one."

"We will?" AJ asked, looking down at me.

"Yes, Alex, we will." I snapped.

I am tired and irritable. I have no patience for people who... question me. All I want is to get to the damn room and go to sleep!

"Okay... " AJ said, "We'll take this room."

"Alright!" The man said with a smile, "Follow Dominique and hell take you to your room."

AJ and I followed Dominique to the elevator in the lobby. AJ leaned over a bit as we stood in front of the elevator and asked, "We sharing the bed or do I sleep on the floor?"

The elevator opened and Dominique, AJ, and I walked in. "I'll take the floor. The almighty Backstreet Boy sure as hell can't."

I heard AJ mutter, "PMS." Under his breath.

I elbowed him hard in the stomach.

Well, he deserved it. I do NOT have PMS. I have DOS. Deprivation of Sleep.

Once we'd reached the 32nd floor, Dominique quickly got AJ and I to our large suite. Hmm... I guess it does pay to have a rich and famous dad. He does got the dough.

Dominique opened the door and asked if there was anything else that we'd be needing. AJ said no (Though I beg to differ... I could use some food.), so Dominique handed him the room key and scurried back towards the elevator.

Our things had already been brought up to the room. I pushed past AJ to get inside and saw the suitcases making a sort of barricade in front of the door. I literally kicked a few of AJ's out of my way so I could get to my own. DOS kicking in.

Anyway, I grabbed a change of clothes and my toothbrush and went right to the bathroom. I changed and then put my hair up. Then I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

When I got out of the bathroom, I saw AJ sitting in a chair flipping through the channels on the TV.

"You sure you don't want the bed? I could take the couch." He said, not taking his eyes off of the TV.

I looked around and spotted quite a large couch at the other end of the room. "Whoa, a couch in a hotel room. High class living here, Aje." I said.

"Here, you can sleep on the bed."

"No, I want to sleep on the couch." I insisted, "I have never had the pleasure of sleeping on a couch in a hotel room. Hell, I've never have the pleasure of having a couch in a hotel room period!"

I rushed over to the couch and flung myself onto it. "Awesome," I said, bouncing up and down a few times. "A bit squishy, but I think that I can manage."

AJ chuckled at my sheer delight of having a couch in the hotel room and said, "Sure, you go ahead and make yourself comfortable, but tomorrow it's my turn."

I smiled and then he went off to the bathroom. I got off of the couch and grabbed one of the pillows, and then struggled with pulling off all the blankets. Dibs! Ha ha! I pulled everything to the couch and got it all ready for me to sleep in.

I decided to fake sleep when AJ came in so we couldn?t argue about me taking everything off the bed. So I closed my eyes and waited for him to come out.

"Hey," I heard him say a few minutes later. I wanted to laugh, but I couldn't because I was supposed to be sleeping. Darn.

Just a few moments later, I opened one eye a bit to see what he was doing. He was in the closet, pulling out the spare blanket they had in there. I smiled. Ooh....I am good.