- Text Size +
I woke up the next morning (Thursday) actually kind of happy. I mean, I was missing like, 3 weeks of school, I?m back in Nevada, and I was going to see Jared later that day.

AJ was still sleeping. I wondered how early it was. I checked the clock and it read 7:00. Kind of early, but I expected AJ to be awaked by then. Oh well, it gives me a chance to get in the damn shower first. That man is in the shower for like, an hour everyday. And considering the fact that there is only one bathroom in the stupid hotel room, if I wanted to get a shower I was going to have to get in first. So I grabbed my things out of my bag and went into the bathroom.

*******

"So, we doing anything at least somewhat interesting today?" I asked AJ later that morning.

"Uh, I'm getting coffee in a few minutes. That's about it." AJ told me.

"Ooh... fun." I said sarcastically.

AJ shrugged. "Hey, this is your town. You're the one who knows your way around. You can go do something if you want." He told me.

"Really?" I asked excitedly.

"Whatever. Just don't gamble." AJ told me.

"Damn... that's the best part." I joked.

"You gonna go with someone?" AJ asked me.

"Jared, but he's at school right now." I said, "Oh well, I'll wait until schools out over there. Then I can go with him."

"You two aren't going to like, do anything to get yourselves killed are you?" AJ asked, "Cuz if you are then I refuse to let you out of this hotel room."

"No, we're not gonna do anything stupid. We're just gonna go to one of the arcades and hang out, play some games, steal money from little kids. You know, the norm." I told him.

"Okay. Don't get arrested."

"I can't make any promises, but I'll try."

**********

"Hey Kelly."

"Hi Kelly, what's up."

"Miss Conner. What a pleasure to see you around here again. Not here to wreak havoc I hope."

"Oh, never Mrs. Lemberg. I'm simply here to pick up my best friend in the world, Jared." I told the teacher.

All these people whom I'd never spoken to were all saying hi to me and trying to start conversation. Even the people who used to be total bitches to me. Like Hillary Simon and her little "posse". Dumb bitches.

Mrs. Lemberg then told me, "I'm afraid that Jared has detention."

"What? What's he do?" I asked.

"He and another young man got into a fight." Mrs. Lemberg told me, "He has detention until 4:30 for the next two weeks."

"Okay... well, can I go inside and wait for him?" I asked.

"Yes, just wait in the office."

"Okay. Thanks."

Stupid Jared. Why does he have to go and get detention all the time? And how come he gets in a fight and only gets detention and not suspended?

Florida sucks.

I sat in the office and waited the whole freaking hour until detention got out. As soon as it hit 4:30, people started to pour out of the classroom that they held detention in. I recognized most of them. I walked out of the office and stood against the wall to wait for Jared. A few people who got out before him came to talk to me.

Ahh... refreshing isn't it, to talk to old friends?

But then they kinda started to huddle around me, so I couldn't see past them. Meaning I couldn't see Jared come out of the classroom.

"So, is there bitch surplus in Florida?" One guy, Karl Jenkins asked me.

"Uh, yeah. Have you guys seen Jared?" I asked.

"Yo Jared!" Someone yelled, "Come're. Kelly wants you."

I pushed my way out of the crowd of people and saw Jared standing in front of the school doors.

"Hey, Kel." He said as I walked over to him, "What are you doing here? Did you run away?"

"No... That's not it. I came here with my dad. I'll tell you why later." I answered him, "Come on, let's go."

So Jared followed me outside of the school where people were waiting for their parents.

"Is your dumbass dad here?" Jared asked me.

"He's at the hotel, and he's not a dumbass." I told him.

Wow, was that me who said that? Hmm...

"Well, from what you've said about him he seems like a dumbass."

"Well he's not, okay?"

"Fine, fine. Whatever you say." Jared said, "So where are we going?"

"I don?t know, anywhere." I answered.

"Okay, but I've got to be home by 6. I've got myself a date tonight." Jared said proudly.

"Oh, do I know her?" I asked.

"Yeah... um, it's Christa Youngs." Jared told me.

"Christa Youngs?!" I exclaimed.

I hated Christa Youngs. I've hated her since the first grade! She was always a bitch to me. And Jared! Why the hell would he want to date her? I asked him this.

"Because, well, she's changed. She's a lot nicer to me now." Jared told me.

"Fine, date her. I don't care. Just forget about how bitchy she was to you before." I said, "It's probably all just some big joke her and her little crew is playing on you."

Jared sent me this death glare. "What makes you think that? Can't someone else like me besides you, Kelly?"

"What do you mean besides me? I never liked you like that! I was just your damn friend."

"Yeah, you were." Jared said.

I didn't know what to say. This was just falling apart now. If I said one more thing then it would probably break up me and Jared's friendship forever.

"'I'm just gonna leave, okay? I'll talk to you later. Maybe." I told him.

When I started walking towards the city bus stop, Jared yelled to me, "Don't count on it!"

Jerk.