- Text Size +
And ran and ran. I ran as far as I could. But after I'd run for a few minutes, I'd realized how stupid I was. It was nighttime meaning it was dark, cold, and dangerous. I hadn't even been paying attention to where I'd been going.

I stopped running and looked around. Normally, I'd know exactly where I was, but since it was so dark and I hadn't been here in a while, I was completely lost. I'd turned a lot of corners while I'd ran, and I'd ended up in a dark alley somewhere. There were no people walking around, and I was pretty sure that if I could see anything, there'd be a bunch of homeless people sitting around.

I was scared. I mean, you would be too if you were lost in Las Vegas! I was scared that someone would mug me. Or molest me or something.

I began to walk, hoping that I'd find my way out of the alley and back onto the strip or somewhere, anywhere that it was light and I'd be able to find my way around.

After looking around for about five minutes, I wound up on a street where there were a bunch of casinos. Lights were flashing and I could see a lot better, but I realized that I had no idea where I was.

I sat down on a bench at the street corner, hoping that AJ would come and find me before any of these creepy old guys did anything to me. Men kept walking by, looking at me, so I kept my head low. Who knew what kind of sick ideas these creeps had locked up inside of their heads... I shuddered to think about it.

I sat and waited for like, 10 minutes... It hadn't even taken me that long to run this far. I started to wonder if AJ was even looking for me. Maybe he expected me to go back to him. Or maybe he'd run after me when I'd ran off and he'd gotten lost himself.

Whatever the case, WHAT IS TAKING HIM SO LONG?

Another 10-15 minutes passed by. I felt like crying, which is really stupid because 1) I don't cry, and 2) Someone will find me. I stood up and tried to find a pay phone or something so I could call AJ's cell phone.

I finally spotted one a little ways down the street. I walked quickly, but dared not run because if you run, it gives the creeps and weirdo's a better reason to grab at you. When I'd reached the pay phone, and picked up the phone, but heard no dial tone. That's when I realized that some moron had cut the damn cord.

I decided to look for a hotel, so I could use their phone. There had to be one somewhere around here. I walked down the street a little ways more in search for one. When I spotted one, I was a little afraid to go in because it was old and ratty. But hey, this is better than being raped and killed out here.

I walked in and walked to the front desk. A bored looking man was sitting behind it, reading a newspaper. He looked up at me. "Can I help you?" He asked in a nasally voice.

"Um, yes. Is there a phone that I could use?" I asked.

"The phone is for guests only." He told me.

"You don't understand, sir. I'm lost and I need to call my dad." I explained to him.

"There's a pay phone a little ways down the street. You can use that. It's what it's there for." He said.

"Don't ya think I've tried that?" I asked, beginning to lose my patience, "It doesn't work."

"Well I'm sorry, but you're just going to have to find another way? It's policy. I'm not supposed to let you use the phone." He said.

"Can't you just pretend that I'm a guest here and let me make a phone call?"

"I'm afraid not, ma'am."

"Just let me use the damn phone!!" I screamed at him, all patience completely kaput.

"Fine," He said, the tone of his voice made it obvious he was annoyed with me, "Just make it snappy. If the manager catches you, there will be H to pay."

"Thank you so so much." I said, picking up the receiver to the old phone. I dialed AJ's cell phone number and waited for him to pick up.

It kept on ringing though, and I was afraid that he wouldn't answer it. Maybe he had it turned off or something. I was about to hang up, but then AJ's voice came on the line.

"Hello?" He answered.

"AJ? It's me, Kelly... um, I'm kinda lost." I told him.

"Yeah, obviously. Where the hell are you?" AJ asked.

"Well, see, if I knew that then I wouldn't be lost now would I?" I asked.

"Just tell me where you are." AJ said.

"I'm at the... " I looked at the pen lying on the desk, "Rosebery Hotel."

"No idea where that is. What's the street name?" AJ asked me.

"Lemme check." I said. I looked at the man who seemed to be growing impatient. "What's the street name?" I asked him.

"Court and Pyle." He answered me.

I repeated this to AJ.

"Okay," He said, "Just wait in the hotel. I'll get there as soon as I can... If I can find it."

"Okay, please hurry." I told him.

"I will," He assured me.

"Bye."

"Bye, I love you." He said.

"Mmm hmm."

I hung up the phone, thanked the man once more, and then asked, "Do you mind if I wait here for my dad? He'll just be a few minutes."

"Sure, why not. Just don't ask to use the phone anymore."