- Text Size +
I woke up late the next day. At about one in the afternoon. Never fails! No matter where I am I'm always waking up late. Not a morning person, you know. I was just about to stay in my room, but I figured that I should take a shower. So I walked out of the room...and I had no idea where the bathroom was.

I walked down the hall to the left and must have seen three bathrooms! Which one am I supposed to use? I wasn't about to risk using the "Holy Bathroom" so I just walked back to my room and closed the door. Pop stars are weird. You don't know what they think of their toilets.

I sat down on my bed. Nothing to do now. Sleep? No, did too much of that. Torment AJ? Nope, don't wanna talk to him. Unpack? Eh, no. I might as well call Jared. I promised him I would.

Good thing AJ had put a phone in my room. I didn't have to go downstairs and face him. I walked to the desk and picked up the phone. I was about to dial the number when I heard voices on the line already.

"Are you sure that she's really okay?"

Mom! Mom called! I decided to listen in.

"I think she is," AJ answered, "She won't talk to me much."

"I'm sorry," Mom said, "I've made this so hard for you."

"It's not your fault. It's mostly mine." AJ said.

Damn straight!

"How is it your fault? You didn't do anything." Mom told him.

"Exactly. I was never around to do anything. That's why she hates me so much, right?" AJ asked.

Yup.

"She doesn't hate you! Not at all. I know that she loves you very much." Mom told him.

Hey! That's a damn lie!

"If she loves me so much," AJ was asking, "Then how come she won't talk to me? It's like she wishes she were anywhere but here."

Hmm...maybe because I would rather be anywhere else. DID THAT EVER OCCUR TO YOU??

"Secretly, Alex, she's happy there. It's a lot better than here." Mom told him.

"You think so?" AJ asked.

"I know so," Mom said, "So, can I talk to her? Make sure she's okay?"

"Sure, let me go get her." AJ said, "I don't even know if she's awake."

No! Don't make me talk to her! I don't want to. I hung up the phone as quietly as I could. About a minute later AJ knocked on my door. "You awake, Kelly?"

"Yeah." I said.

"Can I come in?"

"It's your house. Do what you want."

AJ opened my door and stepped inside. "Your mom's on the phone. She wants to talk to you." It seems every time he sees me, he gets nervous. Jeez, do I have a sign hanging above my head that says: "DO NOT TALK TO ME. I WILL KILL YOU."

"How about you just tell her to send the rest of my clothes." I said, "I don't want to talk to her."

"Come on. She just wants to make sure you're okay." AJ said.

"I'm alive, aren't I?"

AJ shook his head in frustration as he began to leave my room. He closed my door while saying to my mom, "Kelly would rather not talk to you right now. Just call back later, okay?" A moment passed and then he said, "Okay, I will. I'll talk to you later...Bye."

After he hung up the phone he came back in my room and stood in my doorway. "You're going to talk to your mom later." He demanded.

I laughed. Oh my goodness. AJ McLean, pretty boy, trying to be a father. That's funny. "Yeah, sure I am. Now tell me where the bathroom is. I need to take a shower."

"It's two doors down." AJ told me, running his fingers through his hair.

"Okay, you can go now." I said to him.

AJ left my room and practically slammed the door behind him. Jeez. I think I'm pissing him off. Darn...my life sucks.

I went to my suitcase and opened it. I pulled out some of my clothes and walked out of my room and two doors down, just like AJ told me. I walked inside. The bathtub alone was bigger than my whole bathroom...and the bathroom was bigger than my room back home!

I hate rich people. They get everything.