- Text Size +
It was almost 1:30 and AJ was still out. 1:30 in the morning! And I couldn't sleep cuz I was wondering where the hell he was. I know, I know, it's stupid but I couldn't! I decided to go downstairs and watch TV or eat or something until he came home. I can run back up to bed before he gets inside.

So I headed to the living room and turned the TV on with the volume low. It's a habit. When it's late the volume always goes low. The only things on were infomercials, cooking shows on the Food Network, and I Love Lucy. I settled for I Love Lucy.

2:00. AJ was still gone. I Love Lucy was over and now Bewitched was on. I was growing tired, but didn't feel like going to sleep.

3:45. Still gone... is he dead or something? Shit.

I ended up falling asleep on the couch at about 4:00. I couldn't help it. But I woke right up when I heard the TV turn off. I opened my eyes and saw AJ trying to walk quietly out of the living room.

"AJ?" I mumbled. I knew it was him, but I'm a retard so I called his name.

He turned around and looked at me. "Hey," He whispered, "Go back to sleep."

I nodded and closed my eyes again just as AJ turned off the single lamp that was on in the room.

I fell asleep a few minutes later.

*********

AJ woke me up at 7:00 the next morning. He looked just as tired as I felt. Which I guess is a given since he got even less sleep then I did the night before.

I slowly got ready for school and didn't get done until about 8:00. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen for breakfast and saw AJ sitting at his breakfast table {AN: Do any of you people have one of these? We do at my house... Are we weird?} with a cup of what looked like coffee in one hand, and his head in his other with his eyes closed.

I decided to refrain from waking him up. Might as well give him these precious moments of sleep. I reached into the cabinet for the box of Pop Tarts he keeps up there and pulled one out.

"I guess I gotta take you to school again seeing as you missed your bus." AJ suddenly said.

He scared me so bad that I dropped the pack on the floor. I thought he was asleep! He chuckled slightly and asked, "What's your problem?"

"I thought you were sleeping and you scared me." I told him.

"Sorry." AJ said and yawned. He buried his head into his arms. "Fucking tired." I heard him mumble.

"You shouldn't have stayed out so late." I told him, sitting across from him at the table. "Where were you anyway?" I questioned.

AJ picked his head up and said, "Natalie and I went out to dinner, then we went to her place and... " He wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

I dropped my Pop Tart and said, "Oh gross! I did not need you to do that. Now I've gotta go wash my brain out!"

AJ smiled. "Sorry. My bad. Forgot that you're not mature enough to handle those kind of things."

"Damn straight." I said, continuing to pick at my Pop Tart.

"Well you'd better hurry up or you'll miss your first period class." AJ said, standing up.

"And that's a bad thing how?" I asked.

"Well you have missed almost two weeks of school... I don't need you failing." AJ told me.