- Text Size +
Perfection- Chapter 80 "Where the hell is everyone?" Lou Pearlman was irritated. It was a warm and sunny day making him sweat like a pig. Heīd been stuck in a business meeting the whole morning where he was in the process of introducing another boyband, Nīsync into the American market. The band was fresh and much tougher than the guys in Backstreet. Heīd been traveling with them on and off in Europe but to his dismay he noticed that they weren’t anywhere as popular as the Backstreet Boys. This was beyond his understanding since in his eyes they were just as hot and talanted.

It was too bad that they were not as well received since he didnīt have half the trouble as he did with the other guys. AJ, the hardassed rebel who was into partying more than he liked was making his hair grey as well as that guy Brian, who was soon going to go in for heart surgery. He couldnīt understand why the young man couldn’t do such things when he had downtime since it was interferring too much with the business. Heīd told Brian last night that he had to wait with that surgery until they had wrapped up the new shooting for the video. The Kentuckian had gotten pretty upset, yet he didnīt care. If they wanted to stay on top they had to rely on him.

But who really gave him sleepless nights was that kid, Nick. Lou Pearlman shuddered at the mere thought of the boy. He was nothing but a nusiance. If it weren’t that he was the most popular member of the group, earning him lots of money, he would have kicked the kid out of business a long time ago. Ok, he agreed that the kid was a real talent as well had a rare charisma, it was the attitude that he was having enough of. The kid was often moody and homesick as well seemed to have poor health. The fact that the teen also ate like a horse didnīt exactly improve the situation as well. It was aparant to the manager that he didnīt care how the hell he looked. Heīd done his best to get the kid to go on a diet, but what did he get for it? A stab in the back when Nick decided to let the cat out of the bag and tell his friends. Ok, he knew that the secret was safe with him, at least for the time being, but who knew what the blonde would be up to. His gut told him that if Nick ever spilled the truth he would be in for some real troubles. The guys, who loved each other like brothers were looking after each other too hard not to act. Heīd was mostly surprised that they didnīt seen what was going on with their baby since they were watching his ass all the time.

The new star in the other group, Justin was a much safer bet. Even if he was born the year after Nick he wasnīt as much of an sissy and also didnīt act like a freaking hyper kid all the time. There were no need of babysitting there, the only downpoint with Justin was that he was dating that girl Britney and it didnīt look good for the media. Nick was also dating Manda, which was one big joke since he couldnīt see what a girl like that saw in a fag like Nick. But that was another chapter.

Hopefully Nīsync would hit the market big and he didnīt have to pay that much attention to the guys anymore, just collect the money.

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a hand tapping on his shoulder, "Lou can I have a few words with you." Turning around he faced Kevin Richardson standing there.

"About time," he snarled, "where the hell is everybody? Donīt you know that we have to get going down to the venue and the meet and greet?" He stared at the younger man.

Kevin licked his lips nervously, "Yes, but I need to talk to you for a moment first."

"Ok shoot."

"Well..um..Iīm really concerned about Nick."

Lou groaned. There it was again. The name of the kid that he wanted to kick to kingdom come and now his older brother was coming to his rescue. Daddy Kevin. "What about him?"

"Heīs really not feeling well and.." Kevin didnīt get to to finish before Lou interrupted him.

"Didn’t that Doctor Angelo come and look at him?" There was a frown on the older man’s forehead. 'Damn, he had paied that stupid doctor a couple of concert tickets after all and he was expecting him to do the job.'

"Yes." Kevin shifted a bit nervous since Lou stared hard at him. "Itīs just that..um I donīt think that the doctor was very competent and I think that we should get him checked out at a hospital instead."

Fixing his eyes hard at the young man he asked, "Since when did you become a medical expert Richardson?"

"Uh..I am not an expert..I.."

"Ok well then itīs settled..If Doctor Angelo says that Nick is well enough to perform I take his word for it." Looking hard at Kevin he added, "donīt you think so Mr. Richardson?"

"Yeah..um.. I guess."

Satisfied, Lou noticed how the older man sort of crumpled infront of his eyes. "Ok well donīt stand here doing nothing, go and get your mates since we will be late and I will personally withdraw that from your paycheck Richardson. "

"Ok." He could hear Kevin mumbled a cussword under his lips yet the older man chose to ignore it. "And if you see Carter, tell him that I want a word or two with him."

"Yes," Kevin started just to get interrupted by Lou again.

"Yes sir, itīs called Richardson." He felt good watching the older man act like a small boy infront of him. It gave him power. God to him they were all sissies, fags. Even Kevin who seemed to have a mind of his own and often acted like the leader. Satisfied he watched as the younger man walked towards the elevator. Once agin he manged to show them whoīs in charge.

***********************

"That fat fucker, he is so going to get it," Kevin mumbled under his breath as he pressed the number to the floor where the guys were situated. Heīd hoped that Mr. Pearlman wasnīt such a hardass and that he would understand that Nick ws sick. But no, it was like he didnīt care about them.

Knocking on the door to Brian and Howie’s room he waited for someone to open up. Lou was right. They were late but then they had spent the better part of the afternoon trying to comfort Nick who was not well at all. He was complaining of a backache all the time and even if Kevin wasnīt a medical expert he still saw that the teen was in no shape whatsoever to perform much less a full concert.

Knocking harder he was received with Brian opening up, holding the phone under his cheek."Kev?" There was surprise in Brian’s eyes as he opened the door wide enough to let his cousin in. Turning back with his attention towards the phone he continued, "No honey itīs just Kevin. No baby thatīs allright." Closing the door behind him he walked over to the bed and continued to throw clothes into the open suitcase that lay on the floor. "You know baby that I love you and that we will soon be together. Just three more days try to bare it, honey."

Frowning Kevin watched how Brian was desperately trying to reassure his girlfriend that they would soon meet again. His cousin had recently spent lots of time at the phone which could be shown on the phonebills he produced. It was also getting on the other guy’s nerves since all Brian talked about these days was Leighanne. He knew that his friend suffered from homesickness as well as lovesickness but even for a patient man like Kevin there was just so much he could take. Pointing at his watch he tried to hurry the conversation. Luckily Brian caught the gesture.

"Listen baby I gotta go. We have to get down to the venue to do a show. Iīll call you as soon as I come back to the hotel again. Lots of hugs. Yes I love you too." Brian lit up a smile "kiss to you too my honeybunch."

Kevin shook his head with a deep sigh. Now he had to wait for Brian to end his talk with Leighanne and from past experience he knew that it could take a long time. Letting out a cough he tried to get his attention.

"Honey I really gotta go now. They are waiting for me." Brian looked like he was ready to go, yet he couldnīt end the phone call. "I really gotta go now, see ya in a few. Kiss kiss on you too...byeeee."

Finally. Kevin thought that it would never end. "Phew," he commented, "I never thought that you would hang up."

Brian glared back, "What do you mean? I donīt talk that long."

"Yeah right!" Kevin shook his head at Brian’s surprised expression. " Man you can talk for hours."

"I do not!" Brian looked ready to argue when Kevin interrupted him, "Hurry up Lou is waiting and he isnīt in one of his best moods."

"When is he ever?" Brian muttered, quickly closing the suitcase. Turning towards his cousin he asked, "Am I the only one youīre waiting on?"

"Nope." Kevin reached out to help his cousin with the heavy Samsonite. "As far as I know none of the others have went down yet. Speaking of them do you know where Howie is?" He looked around in the room.

"Yeah he said that he was going to check up on Nick for a moment and then that he would go downstairs. So I guess he is waiting by the bus by now."

"Letīs hope so." Kevin opened the door with his shoulder and then helped his friend with the luggage. "Come on we better hurry."

"Yeah..yeah Iīm coming," Brian muttered with the keycard in his mouth before hurrying after his older friend into the elevator.

As soon as they came downstairs they were met with a fuming AJ. "Where the hell have you two been?" he yelled. "Lou has been so pissed at you for not coming so it’s been one living hell."

"Oh..sorry," Kevin mumbled, looking around, "Where’s Nick and Howie?"

"Kaos had to go to the bathroom so Dī volunteered to follow him. You know how he is." AJ grinned. "He needs someone to hold his dick while going to the can."

"BONE!" Kevin shook his head in disgust, but there was also a hint of amusement in the green eyes.

There was no time for further conversation as Lou appeared infront of them. "Richardson I thought I made myself clear that I wanted you to bring the guys down here. Pronto. And not go on some fucking vacation being a lazy ass."

"Sorry," Kevin mumbled, feeling like a small schoolboy getting a reprimand from his school teacher.

"Thatīs ok." Lou loved playing the "good" guy after scolding someone. It gave him the satisfaction of being in charge. "But where the hell are the rest?"

"In the bathroom," Brian filled in, getting a frown from the manager.

"Nick and Howie together. What the heck are they doing there?"

"What do you think they are doing in a bathroom?" Brian sneered.

Lou sounded irritated with them. "How the hell should I know what teenagers are doing." He let out a loud grunt from anger. "Jerking off?"

"Duh," AJ butted in. " Nick is feeling like shit so I doubt he will be thinking of that. Besides he has a bladder infection."

"Bladder infection?" There was a smile toying at the obese manager’s lips. "Isnīt that a woman’s thing?"

"No." Brian was coming for defense. "Nick is sick and you know it. He has no business being out there tonight." Just when he said the words there was a loud "Hellooooo buddy," yelling in the back. Surprised, the older man turned around and he was met with Nick standing there with a large smile on his face and eyes that were so glazed over that it looked like heīd robbed a liquor store.

"Nick what have you been doing? Drinking?"

"Nope just pissing." There was a chuckle. "Did you know that when you flush it takes several swirls before the paper goes down. Kind of like a carousel.”

"Clever thinking," AJ commented with sarcasim while Kevin rose an eyebrow, "Nick are you ok?"

"Yes, why wouldnīt I be?" There was surprise in his tone. "As a matter of fact Iīm feeling very fiiiineeee.

"Youīre all hyper buddy," Kevin explained with a sigh. His little brother acted like he was totally stoned and if he kept this up he would be in for a real treat later on in the night. Preforming with a *high Nick* was not something they looked forward too. Even if he was high on medication.