- Text Size +
Authors Note- This was the first fan fiction that I ever wrote while I was still in middle school so please don't be too cruel. Thanks a lot and enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

Nick was one the most hadsome man Stephanie had ever seen. He had such amazing blue eyes that Stephanie got lost in everytime she looked into them. His blonde hair was the perfect accent to his eyes. This drove most girls that he came across crazy. He was totally perfect in every way.

Nick was the sweetest guy that Stephanie had ever met. They were best friends and she couldn't believe that she was falling for him. Some people were surprised that it didn't happen sooner. They looked like the perfect couple when they were hanging out together. Stephanie had the same matching blue eyes, and same cheerful smile.

Stephanie had dark brown hair, 5'8'', and an all around great person. Nick was the same great person at an amazing 6 feet tall. Here is there story:
"Hey Stef wait up!!!!" Nick shouted, as he chased after his best friend.
"I don't think so!" Stephanie called back, laughing at the fact he could hardly keep up with her. As she reached her house, she dropped on the swing that was hanging from the tree to catch her breath. Nick was there seconds later.

"I told you that I could beat you!" Stephanie said.

"That's only because I let you win!" Nick told her.

"Oh, yeah right."

"No, really I did. Because your my best friend. I figured that I would be nice and let you win for a change."

"For a change? Nick, I always beat you! Face it, I'm better than you are!"

"I don't think so!" Nick said and pouted.

"That doesn't work on me!"

"So, what do you want to do now?" Nick asked leaning up against the tree.

"I don't know."

"Well, AJ's having a party later, wanna go? We can hang out."

"Sure, why not. Sounds like fun."

"Cool, see ya later than. I'll call you when I'm on my way ok."

"Yeah, ok."

"Bye! Talk to ya later."

"Bye Nick." He walked away. Stephanie sat there and watched him walk away. After a few mintues, she got up and walked into her house and picked up the phone and called her friend Ashley.

"Hello. House of pain, how may I help you?" Ashley said.

"Hey weirdo," Stephanie said.

"Sup, Stef?''

"Nothing much, you?"

"Bored out of my mind, but what else is new?"

"Tell me about it!"

"Gee, talk about supportive friends!"

"You know it!"

"Oh, Stef are you doing anything tonight?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I was going to ask you to go to the movies with me. So what have you planned and haven't told me about?"

"Nick asked me to go to AJ's party with him."

"God Stephanie, you're spending a lot of time with him lately. I haven't seen you much anymore."

"Ashley, look you know that he goes on tour with the guys and I don't ever get to see him anymore. I want to hang out with him as much as I can before he has to go. He is one of my best friends you know."

"Yeah, I know."

"Hey, I got an idea, why don't I call Nick and ask him if you can come with us?"

"I don't know."

"Come on, you're my other best friend. He won't mind, if that's what you're worried about. You never hang out with us anymore."

"That's because when I do go out with you guys, it's like you forget that I'm even there."

"Ashley, I'm sorry about that. We never mean to that to you. I just kinda happens. I mean I never get to see him, so I want to talk to him as much as I can."

"Stef, I think there is something more there than friendship between you two."
"Me and Nick aren't dating. We are just friends. That's it. There has never been anything more than that."

"I know that. I tell you, you two are meant to be. I can feel it. There is something about you two, something that I have never felt between anyone else. I think that you two should get together. Stef, I know that you have those feelings for him, you've told me. Tons of times. I think you should go for it."

"Ashley, you don't know how much I want to, but there are so many things keeping me from doing that. Like the fact that he is always gone. Also, what if we break-up, I don't know if we could still be best friends after that. I want him to always be around and I don't want to force him to do something that he doesn't want to do. He is a great guy, and I never want to deal with losing him."

"I understand how you feel. I can see that you don't want to lose him, but you should atleast tell him how you feel. Since you two are best friends you guys should be able to tell each other everything."

"I know."

"Can I still come to that party with ya?"

"Sure, let me get him on three-way ok?"

"Yep." Stephanie clicked over to the blank line and dialed Nicks number then clicked to join the lines.

"Ashley?"

"Yeah?"

"Okay."

"Hello?" came Nicks voice.

"Hello, good afternoon sir, I am calling you on this lovely afternoon because me and my other best bud want to talk to you."

"Hi Stef, and Ashley! Wassup?"

"How did you know it was me?" Ashley asked.

"Who else would it be?"

"How true, Stef here has no life."

"Oh, now thats not true!" Stephanie said.

"Yeah I know, just messin with ya!" Ashley said.

"So ladies, whats up?"

"Nothin'" Stephanie said.

Then why did you call?"

"What? Can't I put my two best friends on the line and talk to them?"

"No."

"And why not?"

"Cause I know you, something is always up or you want something when the both of you call."

"What makes you say that, huh?"

"Thats how things always go."

"No, I don't think so."

"I do."

"Ok, this is getting childish!" Ashley yelled!

"It's Nicks fault!" Stephanie pouted.

"Yep, it's my fault," Nick said giving into Stephanie. "Hey Stef, you still comin to the party with me?"

"Yeah, by the way, can Ashley come too?"

"See, I told you that you two call when you want something! Just kidding, but yeah, she can come if she wants."

"Cool, thanks see ya later! Bye Nicky!"

"Don't call me that! You know I hate that name!"

"That's the point, duh! C-ya!"

"Bye." Nick hung up.

"Ashley come to my house and wait for Nick with me, k?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be right over."

"Ok, see ya then. Bye."

"Bye." The two hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~Back At Nicks~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nick picked up the phone and called Brian.

"Hello?" Brian answered.

"Hey, it's Nick."

"Whats up man?"

"Nothin'. Just, I need to talk to you."

"'Bout what?"

"Stephanie."

"God Nick, you still haven't told her yet?"

"No, I can't."

"Why not?"

"She's my best friend, besides you, if she didn't feel the same way I don't know if I could handle that emotionally."

"And if you don't tell her, you'll drive yourself crazy, as well as me."

"I can't lose her, thats all. I would be lost without her."

"Look, you have to say something. Tell her tonight at the party. You did invite her didn't you?"

"Yeah, of course. Ashley is coming too. I can't tell Stephanie with her around. It's going to be hard enough just telling Stephanie."

"Just say you want to talk to her alone for a mintue and she'll leave you alone. If you don't tell her, you could lose her."

"What do you mean if I don't tell her, I could lose her?"

"Nick, think about it. What if she doesn't know that you care about her and she meets someone and then that would be it."

"Bri, your right."

"I know I am."

"Talk to you later."

"Yeah, bye."

"Bye." Nick hung up the phone and sighed.