- Text Size +
Chapter 10

The two girls sat in the waiting room waiting for someone to see Stephanie. They had been there for twenty minutes already, Stephanie had filled out some forms and still waited.

"What do you think is wrong with me?" Stephanie asked Leighanne.

"I don't know. It could be anything. It's probably just a stomach virus thats all. We'll see when a doctor decides that they want to see you now won't we?"

"Yeah, I just wish that I could get this over with already."

"If nothing happens soon, I'm going to see whats taking so long."

"You don't have to do that."

"I know, but what if there was a real emergency with you and they had you here wating for what seems like forever and what you have is just getting worse and worse. They should have more doctors here or something."

"Well thank you for the wonderful thoughts."

"Sorry about that," she said.

"It's ok," Stephanie said.

"Is there someone here named Stephanie, experiencing stomach pains?"

"Well, thats me," Stephanie said to Leighanne, "Thats me."

"Alright, come right this way." Stephanie was directed to a room where she would told to wait. Hopefully it would be nothing and she could go back to the hotel and relax.

"Good afternoon," the doctor said as she entered the room, "So whats the problem?"

"I've been having a lot of stomach pains, and I've been throwing up."

"How long have you felt like this?"

"A few days thats all." The questioning went on for a few more minutes and the doctor seemed to have a pretty good idea as to what was wrong with her. The doctor told her that she would run a few tests and call her in an hour or two.

~**~Half an hour later*~~*

"I wonder whats taking so long?" Nick asked.

"Maybe they went shopping," AJ joked.

"Yeah, right. No store would want Stephanie, she would puke all over everything," Nick pointed out.

"Besides, Leighanne would have called if they were going to do something else," Brian added, "she did go with her."

Then they heard a knock at the door. Nick went to get it. Stephanie and Leighanne were there.

"Forgot the keys," Stephanie said and everyone laughed.

"So, did they figure out whats wrong?" Nick asked.

"No, they said that they were going to run a few 'tests' and they would get back to me."

"What kind of tests?" Nick asked trying to get any idea as to what was wrong with her.

"I have no clue."

''Well that was real smart of you!" AJ joked, "Did you give them the number to your home in Florida? Or the one here where they were actually going to find you?"

"Oh shut the hell up! You can be so mean sometimes!"

"I was just kidding!"

"Yeah, whatever."

"Did they say how long it would take?" Brian interuped.

"Yeah, about an hour or two."

"We have to get going," Brian said, "we have a show to do!"

"Tell us what happens," Nick told Stephanie.

"Not like I had a choice, you were going to force it out of me anyway."

"Yeah, you're right."

"See you girls later," Brian said as they got up to leave.

"Well atleast its going to be quiet," Stephanie said.

"Yeah, hey, I'm gonna get Amanda and Kristen to hang out here with us ok?"

"Sure," Stephanie said and smiled. Leighanne got up and quickly returned with the other girls who had joined them a little later. Stephanie was the only one that had left with them in the beginning. The others just met up with them in New York.

"I hear you've been sick, how you feeling now?" Amanda asked.

"Alright, but I could be better," Stephanie reponded.

"So do you know whats up yet or not?"

"I'm expecting a phone call that will tell me whats wrong."

"Lets talk about something else cause she gonna be fine, that and she probably sick of talking about it," they laughed.

~*~*~*~An hour later*~*~*~*

"Oh yeah! I remember that!" Stephanie said laughing as they talked about a lot of their old memories they had of the guys and themselves.

"I still can't believe that I went through with that!" Leighanne laughed. Then the phone rang breaking up all their laughter.

"Hello?" Stephanie answered, "This is she." The other girls looked on knowing that it was probably the doctor calling. "Are you sure?" Stephanie said in shock, "There hasn't been any mix up or anything?" The girls looked at her, knowing that whatever it was, it was serious. "Alright thank you."

"Whats wrong?" Leighanne asked.

"It can't be right! There must have been a mistake."

~*~*~*~Meanwhile*~*~*~*~

"You think Stephanie heard from the doctor yet?" Nick asked.

"Maybe," Brian said, "but we don't have time for you to call her and see if thats what you want. I'm sure that she's fine and everything is great. You'll know whats up when we get back to the hotel after the show."

''Alright."

"It's show time!" the stage manager yelled, Nick and Brian joined the rest of the guys and began the show.