- Text Size +
Chapter 14

~*~*~*One Month Later~*~*~*~

"Nick have you told your parents yet?" Stephanie asked while walking behind him into yet another hotelroom. She was just slightly more than a month pregnant and she was beginning to get a little mad at him, he was supposed to tell his parents right after she did. Her experience with her parents wasn't exactly the best. They were pissed at her because she was young and had a promising furture but her parents felt that by getting pregnant she runined that.

"No," he said dropping his bag on the bed.

"God Nick, you said that you were going to tell them right after I told mine. Well I told them, they got pissed at me and now its your turn."

"It's not that easy."

"Whats not easy about it? All you have to tell them is you fucked me and got me pregnant. Then it will be all over with. You would have told them."

"Stephanie, its not that easy."

"Yes, it is."

"Look, you don't know my mom as well as I do. She is going to totally freak. I just haven't found the right time to them yet, but I will tell them. Trust me."

"It better be soon," Stephanie said, "because I am running out of patience."

~*~*~*~*Later that day~*~*~*~*~*

"Hey Nick," Brian said as he walked to Nick who was sitting on the couch located in the relax area of the venue.

"Hey," Nick said, his mind a little pre-occupied.

"Whats wrong?"

"I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to tell my parents that shes pregnant, they don't even know that were dating."

"Well start off simple. Tell them that you and her have been seeing each other, I'm sure they've heard the rumors that you are dating a girl that fits Stephanies profile and probably already assumed that you are seeing her. But they don't know that she's pregnant. Thats something we've kept pretty quiet. Why don't you just pick up the phone and tell them now." Nick just sat there looking at Brian.

"Man, my mom is going to freak."

"Look, you've put it off long enough. The longer you wait, the mader shes gonna be. If you had told them when you first found out, maybe they would have been supportive, no wait, I know they would have been supportive. They are your parents, you have to tell them, you just can't go around with a baby and not tell them. So get off your butt and call them."

Nick took a deep breath and walked over to the phone and picked it up. He looked around and saw Brian watching, and waved him away. Once Brian had left he dialed his moms number.

"Hello?" his mom said.

"Hi mom! It's Nick."

"Nick, hi how are you?"

"I'm alright, how have things been going with you?"

"Same old, same old," his mom said and laughed, "I just want to ask you something though."

"Sure, what?" Nick asked, knowing that it was going to be about Stephanie.

"I know that this is probably not true, but everywhere I go, there are these rumors. Rumors about you and that dear girl Stephanie are seeing each other, I just want to let you know that this is what people are saying."

"Mom, me and Stephanie have been seeing each other."

"What?"

"Yeah, I kinda have this thing for her. I really care about her."

"Well thats nice. How has seen been anyway?"

"Great," Nick said, its now or never he thought to himself, "Are you sitting down mom?"

"No, why?"

"You might want to sit down for this."

"For what?" his mom asked taking a seat on the couch.

"Well, this is about Stephanie."

"Yeah."

"She's pregnant."

"WHAT?" his mom yelled.

"Yeah, thats how I thought you would react."

"Is it yours?"

"Mom, of course its mine. I've been seeing her for about two months."

"How far along is she?"

"A little more than a month."

"Oh god Nick. How could this have happened."

"Well I love her, she moved in with me and one thing lead to another and now she's pregnant."

"Nick, thats so not like you. I don't think you should see this girl anymore. She is a bad influence and I don't want you around people like that."

"WHAT?" Nick shouted, "First of all, I love her, and second of all I am twenty one years old and I can date whoever I want to."

"Don't raise your voice to me!"

"Your the one telling me who I can and can not date! Like I said, I am twenty one years old and I am totally capable of dating a well adjusted woman. Stephanie is a great girl. It's too bad that you can't see that."

"Obviously not if you went out and got her pregnant."

"You know what, I don't have to listen to this. Just so you know, I was the one that made the first move, not her. She was the one that was worring that this might happen. So don't blame her for any of this," Nick said and hung up. Nick was pissed, he knew that this was how his mother was going to take it, then blame everything on him and Stephanie.

"Hey we gotta get ready to go on," Brian said sticking his head in the door.

"Yeah ok," Nick said dropping on the couch.

"How did it go?"

"How do you think it went? My mom always does this. Everytime something happens its my fault."

''Well Nick," Brian said walking into the room, "I mean you are the one that got her pregnant."

"Yeah I know, but I mean my mother thinks its her fault, she thinks that some how some way Stephanie had a bad influence on me and thats why this happened."

"If anyone was the bad influence, it was you to her," Brian joked, and Nick laughed, "But seriously, you have a lot of responsibility to take on now."

"Yeah, tell me about it. I can hardly take care of myself," Nick laughed, "Now I have to help take care of another living person. This is really hard."

"Of course its hard. Its going to be hard for a while. This is something that you can't run away from no matter how scared you are. Just remember that me and the guys are here for you. It might be a while before your mom gets used to the idea."

"She's never going to get used to it. I'm too young to be a father. I know that and she knows that."
"Nick, we all know that, but you are going to be a father weather you like it or not because there is no way to change this. Now come on, we gotta get ready the show starts soon."

"Yeah alright."

"We're all here for you man," Brian said as he left the room. Nick leaned into the back of the couch and sighed. The realization of how hard this was actually going to be had hit him. There was no way that he was going to be able to be a good father, he was too young, inexperienced. He didn't know the first thing about taking care of a baby.

"Nick," Kevin said sticking his head in the door, "come on, we go on any minute, you need to get ready."

"Yeah," Nick said shaking his head. Kevin was about to ask what was wrong, but realized that he had no time to, so he just left, knowing that Nick would do the right thing no matter what the problem was.