- Text Size +
Chapter 15

~*~* Later that Night*~*~

As Nick walked into the hotel room that he and Stephanie shared, he saw he crying on the bed and thats when his heart totally sank. He hated to see her like this. He knew that this was killing her. She didn't want to be pregnant, and he understood why. The responsibilty of being a father wasn't something that he was ready for, but at least they were going through it together and had each others shoulders to cry on.

"Stephanie, whats wrong?" Nick said sitting next to her on the bed.

"I'm scared. Really scared. I can't help it. This isn't right."

"I'm scared too, but we have to be strong."

"Nick, I can't help it, all I've been doing all day is cry. I called Ashley eariler and she wants to help. I was talking to her and she agreed to let me stay with her until you get off tour. I don't want to be here anymore. I just want to be where I'm comfortable. I want to be home."

"Baby, I want you to stay with me."

"I don't want to stay here any more. I want to be back home with my friends, I don't know about my family, but I know my friends care. I don't think that coming out with you was the best idea."

"There was no way we could have known that you were pregnant."

"Yeah, but now that we know that I am, maybe it would be better if I went back home. It'll be healthier for me and the baby."

"Stef, I don't want you to go," Nick said with hurt in his eyes.

"I think it would be the best," she said trying to hold back the tears that were forming in her eyes. She really wanted to stay with him, but she was worried about her health and she wasn't sure what kind of effect that this was going to have on the baby.

"Just stay until the tour is over, please. Baby come on. You'll be fine. I won't to be there and I can't if you leave," Nick said trying whatever he could to get her to stay, he was going to go insane if she left. He would constantly be worring about her he wasn't sure if that was going to get in the way of his performance.

"Nick, I don't know."

"Please," he said his eyes pleading with hers.

"Alright," she said giving in. She didn't want to leave in the first place, she just thought that it would be for the best, but maybe having him around would make her feel better. Just as she finished her thoughts, Nick leaded over and lightly kissed her on her cheek and whispered "I love you." Stephanie smiled, she was glad to know that Nick cared about her. In a strange way it made her feel a lot better.

~*~*~*~* 2 months later~*~*~*~*

"Man, am I glad that tonight is the last night of the tour," Nick said looking at Stephanie that had been by his side almost all the time since the night that they had decided on her staying with him.

"Yeah, we get to go home tommrrow," Stephanie said.

"Finally," Nick said smiling.

"I want to go home already. I miss it."

"Yeah, we need to start getting ready for the baby."

"Has your mom calmed down about the whole thing yet?" Stephanie asked knowing what had happened between him and his mother.

"No, she is still pissed. She doesn't think that we should be having a baby."

"Like we wanted this? It just happened."

"Yeah I know, but she doesn't seem to realize that."

"I think we are going to be fine Nick."

"Do you think we are going to be able to take care of a baby?"

"Nicky, yes. We are both very dedicated people. That, and we love each other. I think we can do anything."

"I just wish my mom thought differently about it."

"I know how you feel. My parents weren't excatly thrilled. We still have our friends. Mine are willing to help me out. I know that yours are too. These guys are gonna stick by us. They are great friends."

"Yeah..." Nick said not to sure what to think.

"Don't worry. Things are going to work out."

"I love you," Nick said hugging her.

"I love you too."

"Nick, come on," Howie said, "We gotta show to do!!"

"Yeah, yeah," Nick said to him, "See ya after the show! Then we go home!," he said to Stephanie and kissed her on the cheek.

*~*~*~*~*The next morning~*~*~*~*~*~

"Stephanie, wake up," Nick said shaking her. She slowly sat up and saw that the bus had stopped right outside their house.

"Yeah ok," she said streching. She looked outside again, happy to once again see all the things that had become familiar as Nicks home. She missed it, she missed being able to be in the same place everyday. Nick got up and began to leave the bus, Stephanie grabbed her stuff and began after him.

"Welcome home!" he said smiling, glad to finally be able to utter those words. Home was something that Nick really hadn't known since the group and now with Stephanie being pregnant, he would probably be there a lot more than he was used to. He was going to have a family to take care of, a life outside the BackStreet Boys. That was a new concept for him. His life was all about the BackStreet Boys, yeah he had Stephanie as a friend inbetween tours and everything, but BackStreet was still his whole life, he had never known anything else.