- Text Size +
Chapter 18

~*~*~*~A week later*~*~*~

Nick ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. A week went by and Stephanie still wouldn't answer the phone. It was like she didn't want to have any contact with the outside world. He had even called Ashley to see if she had talked to her, but she hadn't talked to her for about two weeks. He was beginning to wonder if she was ok.

Then Nick heard a knock on the door, "Who is it?" he asked.

"Brian."

"Come in," he said and Brian poped open the door and walked in, "I'm sorry for last week, I was just in a bad mood."

"Yeah, its ok. So have you heard from Stephanie?" he asked worried.

"No, and its really starting to scare me."

"Look, we have the next few days to relax, why don't you go fly down there and she if she's ok. That way you can talk to her and straighten things out with her."

"Ok I thats a good idea."

"Go get your butt on a plane, and I'll tell the guys where you went."

"Bri, again, I'm sorry about last week," Nick grabbing his stuff, "you really are a great friend and I really need your help right about now so don't stop helping me."

"You always need my help," Brian joked.

"I guess so, I'll be back as soon as I can," Nick said and headed out the door.

"NO LATER THAN TOMMRROW NIGHT!!" Brian yelled after him. He hoped that Nick heard him.

"We did Nick go?" he heard Howie say as he left Nicks room.

"Florida."

"Why? Whats wrong?"

"He hasn't heard from Stephanie in a week and she won't answer the phone, he just wants to make sure that shes ok."

"When is he going to be back?"

"I have no clue, I tried to tell him no later than tommrrow night, but I don't know if he heard me or not."

"I hope that shes ok."

"Yeah me too."

*~*~*~Meanwhile*~*~*~

Nick was in a hurry to leave, he had a limo take him to the airport and took the first flight out to Florida. All he could think about was Stephanie and Hope. He wanted to know if they were ok, Stephanie usually was willing to talk to him by now, but then again, nothing he has ever done to make her angry was this life changing.

Nick couldn't help but let tears roll down his cheeks, he was so worried about Stephanie. He blamed all this on himself, he knew that he had been a total jerk not telling her that he was leaving. Maybe if they had time to talk about it, things would be better, but no he had to be hard headed and not think about Stephanie.

After about three hours, Nick landed in Florida and he had a limo waiting wating to take him to his house. He ran to where the limo was waiting and hopped in and it sped off to take him home. 'If anything happened to her, I will never forgive myself' he thought to himself. Finally after about a twenty minute ride Nick reached his house.

He ran up to the front door and franticly searched for his keys once he found that it was locked. Finally after wildly searching through his bag, he found them, and then he managed to open the door.

"STEPHANIE!" Nick called as he walked into the house, but there was no responce "STEPHANIE!!" he yelled again. He began to walk around the house to see if anything was out of place. He walked into the kitchen and found a note on the counter.

Nick,
By the time you get this I will be long
gone. I realized that Hope and I aren't
on top of your list of important things
in your life. I know that by leaving
your life, you will be happier with out
us holding you back. I want you to know
that I really love you, and that Hope will
know who you are. I'll tell her what a
great man her father was and how much
he loved her, and just that he wasn't
ready to be there for her. I know that right
now this seems like the wrong thing to
do, but as time passes, you'll realize that I
did the right thing. I'll miss you, please
just forget about us.
Love always,
Stephanie and Hope.

Nick felt a tear roll down his cheek. He had no idea where Stephanie could have went to. With her gone, he knew that he couldn't go on. He walked over to the phone and called Brian back up in New York.

"Hello?" Brian answered.

"Shes gone," Nick said through his tears.

"WHAT?!?!" Brian said totally shocked.

"Shes gone Brian, she left and she took Hope with her."

"Maybe she just went to a friends."

"No, she left a note saying that she thinks I'll be happier without her. She thinks that she and Hope aren't important to me. Brian, what am I going to do?"