- Text Size +
Chapter 2

~~~~~~~~~Later that night~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Enjoying the party?" Nick yelled over the loud music.

"Yeah," Stephanie answered back and smiled.

"Good, I'm glad. Can you come with me for a minute?"

"Yeah sure, why?"

"I want to tell you something, important."

"Okay." Nick took Stephanie's hand and walked her over to the beach.

"Stephanie, I have to tell you something and I don't want you to say anything until I'm finished. Okay Stephanie."

"Yeah, okay," Stephanie said looking into Nicks blue eyes.

"This is something that is really hard for me to say to you," there was a million thoughts going through Stephanie's mind. She thought that he was going back on tour and was going to leave her again, "I haven't been telling you everything." Stephanie just looked at him.

"About my feelings for you. I don't just don't think of you as only a friend. I love you with all my heart." Stephanie just stood there in total shock. She always wanted to tell him just how she felt, but was always afraid that he never felt the same way. It was weird that he was telling her the samething that she wanted to tell him.

"Stephanie?"

"Oh god Nick. I feel the same way." Nick let out a sigh of relief.

"Wow, I've been going crazy. Thinking when and where and how to tell you. I was so scared that you wouldn't feel the same way. When you do."

"Nick, that was the samething that kept me from telling you. I was so scared that I would mess up our friendship. I didn't want to lose you."

"That's weird, I was thinking the samething. We really do think alike." Stephanie laughed.

"Yeah, I'll say. Atleast Ashley won't have to tell me to shut up about it."

"Brian felt the same way!"

"Geez! Thats weird."

"Yeah."

"Nick."

"Hum.....," he said and put his arm around Stephanie.

"I'm glad that we got this out."

"Yeah, me too."

"Do you think anything is going to change about us?"

"I don't know, but I hope not. I like the way things were."

"Me too. I would hate it if it changed."

"Don't worry, I won't let it change."

"Good, I'm glad," Stephanie said snuggling up next to Nick as they sat down on a rock.

"You want to stay out here?"

"Yeah, I do."
*~*~*~*~*~Back At The Party~*~*~*

Ashley was standing there wating for Stephanie to come back. After about 20 minutes she started to get worried. She said that she would be right back and still hadn't returned. She walked around looking for them. Then she bumped into Brian.

"Hey Brian," Ashley said.

"Hey Ashley, why you look so upset?"

"I can't find Stephanie."

"I can't find Nick either." Both of them knew about Stephanie and Nicks' real feeling about each other.

"You think that they told each other?" Ashley asked.

"I don't know. I told Nick to tell her tonight, maybe thats where they are."
"She's been gone for 20 minutes."

"Maybe we........" Brian was interupted when AJ came up to them.

"Hey guys! Wassup??"

"Nothing, we just can't find Stephanie and Nick. Thats all," Brian said to his BackStreet Buddy.

"Ohhhhhhh..... does she know how he feels about her yet?"

"I don't know. I think he did tell her. I was telling him to tell her, but he hasn't."

"I've been telling her to tell him as well," Ashley said.

"Hold up, she feels the same way? Oh geez."

"Well, we can't find either one of them so maybe one of them had the guts to say something about it," Brian mentioned.

"Maybe," AJ said, "well, just get back to the party and have fun, I'm sure that they're both ok and will be back soon. So, don't make me tell you again to HAVE FUN!"

"Ok, ok, "Ashley said, "Don't bite our heads off, geez, we know how to take a hint. Right?"

"Yeah, we can," Brian agreed.

"Great!" AJ said and walked away.

"I just hope they don't do anything that they are going to regret," Ashley said worried.

"Yeah, I know. I just hope they know what they are doing where ever they are."

"Stephanie's not like that. Atleast I hope that she's not like that anyway."
"I guess we're just going to have to wait and see. They will make the right decision. I hope."

~*~*~*~*~Back On The Beach~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Nick, maybe we should get back to the party. We told everyone that we would be back in a few minutes. They might worry," Stephanie said looking into his eyes.

"Come on baby, they know that we are together and that nothing is going to happen to either one of us," Nick told her rubbing his hand up and down up and down Stephanies' arm.

"Maybe you're right.''

"Of course I am."

"Shut up!"

"Hey, be nice!"

"Sorry," Stephanie said making a sad face.

"Awwww, don't worry about it."

"Nick, I love you."

"I love you too," Nick said and smiled. This was going great he thought. 'This couldn't be better' he thought.

"Nick," Stephanie said, pulling out of his arms.

"Yeah?"

"Is it ok if I kiss you?" Nick didn't answer, instead he leaned in and kissed her on the lips. Neither could believe that this was happening. They were best friends, and this was crazy, but they loved each other so it felt right. After a few mintues they pulled away from each other and they both smiled.
I keep thinking that I'm going to wake up and realize that this never happened," Nick said looking Stephanie in the eye.

She put her hand on his face, "Nick, it's not a dream. This is very real, and I'm glad that it is." With that said, Stephanie pulled Nick into another kiss where the two stayed.
~*~*~*~*~*~At the party~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey Brian! Have you seen Nick lately?" Kevin asked.

"No, and I'm getting scared."

"Let him be. It's quiet. We don't have to worry about him doing some stupid prank. It's nice to not have to worry about it."

"He went with Stephanie and they can't find her either. I just hope that they aren't going to do something that they are going to regret. They are young so they won't think."

"Well, if you're thinking that they might have sex, I don't think so. Stephanie's not like that and you know that. She won't let that happen."
"Yeah, it's not her that I'm worried about. It's him. He might do something stupid."

"She's used to him doing stupid things. She's known him longer than we have. Look, I told you, I don't think that anything is going to happen. They are good kids."

"Yeah, I know that."

"Then there is no need to worry. Have fun and take your mind off of them. They will be fine, and so will you if you stop worring!"

"Yeah, ok." Kevin walked away and Brian sat down a the chair that was near by to think. 'Why am I worring about this? Kevin's right, they aren't going to do anything, and if they do, it's their lifes and they know what they are doing.'

~*~*~*~Back at the Beach~*~*~*~*~*

"Stephanie,"

"Yes?"

"Do you want to go back to my place so that we can be alone and not have to worry about anyone coming to get us?"

"Ok, but I have to tell Ashley so that she won't worry, ok?"

"Alright babe, no problem." The two of them got up and started to walk back to AJ's house. They held each others hands and smiled the whole way back. Once they got back to the house, Stephanie couldn't find Ashley.

"Hey girli!" AJ yelled to Stephanie.
"Yo!" Stephanie answered.

"Ashley and Brian was worried about you and Nick. Speaking of Nick, where is he?"

"Outside."

"Well, what's he doin' out there?"

"We're going back to his place. If you see Ashley and Brian, tell them that we went back to Nicks place. Okay? I gotta run, he's waiting for me."

"Ok, girli, I can do that for you."

"Great, see ya later! By the way, for what I was here for, the party was great!"

"Thanks, now get your ass moving girli!" AJ laughed.

"Ok, bye!"

"Bye!" With that said, Stephanie walked out the door to Nicks' car.

"Hey babe, you find them?"

"No, but I ran into AJ and he said that he would tell him for us."

"Great, I just hope that he doesn't get drunk and forgets and we have two mad friends."

"Yeah, I know. I would never hear the end of it!" Stephanie said as she got into his car. The two then drove off. When they finally got to Nicks' house, they both got out and walked to his frount door.

"Here we are," Nick said.

"I know, I've been here a million times! I practicly live here with you!"

"That would be nice," Nick said as he walked in the door and sat on the couch. Stephanie followed and sat next to him.

"What do you mean?"

"It would be nice if you lived here with me. I wouldn't have to miss you."

"Is that how you really feel?"

"Yeah. I love you, I want to be with you all the time. It's just that it would be hard because of the group and all."

"Nick, I don't know what to say."

"Then just kiss me." Stephanie smiled and leaned in and kissed Nick. Their kiss started to become more intense. The love they had for each other was showing through the way they kissed. Nick put his hand on Stephanie's face and pulled her in even closer. The heat in the room was rising. Nick put his hand on Stephanie's stomach and let it slide up her shirt.

"Nick, wait," Stephanie said and looked at Nick.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Don't you think that's moving too fast?" Stephanie said looking into his beautiful blue eyes.

"I just figured that since we know each other so well and now that we both know how we truely feel for each other that it would be the right time." Stephanie just kept looking at him and didn't say anything, "But, if you don't want to, we don't have to," Nick added.

"Not now. I don't want to move to fast and mess something up. I don't want to end up getting pregnant and have you never be around for the baby, I would hate that. Also, don't you think it would be harder for us to say good-bye to each other everytime that you had to leave to go on tour. I don't think I could handle that. You understand?"

"Yeah, baby. I do."

"So you still love me?"

"Yes, I with all my heart. Nothing will change that. You got that."

"Yeah. I'm glad that you love me. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I didn't have you in my life. You are the most important thing in my life right now."

"Shhhhhh...," Nick told Stephanie as he put one finger on her lips,"lets just enjoy the moment." Stephanie smiled and got comfortable on Nicks' chest and fell asleep.