- Text Size +
Chapter 3

~*~*~*~*~*Back At AJ's Party~*~*~*~*~*~

Ashley was starting to get really worried. Stephanie should have been back by now. She was hoping that her best friend was ok. Ashley didn't realize it, but she had been wondering around the party not doing anything, then she dumped into AJ.

"Hey girl, you need to get some glasses or something!" AJ teased.

"Shut up! Have you heard from Stephanie or Nick lately?"

"Oh yeah, I bumped into Stephanie. She wanted me to tell you that she was going back to Nicks'. She wanted me to tell Brain too, but I haven't seen him. If you see him before I do, can you tell him?"

"Yeah. But my problem is how am I going to get home now? I came with them."

"Well, I can't help you there. I had a little bit to drink and don't want ta risk drivin and killin someone ya know what I'm sayin?"

"Yeah I know. I can only imagine the headlines: 'BSB Member gets drunk and drives.' I would buy it!"

"I know that you would! You like to be in the middle of all of the scandels in Hollywood." AJ said and laughed.

"Nope, just crap about you guys!"

"Boy, I feel special!"

"You should!"

"I gotta get going, this is my party ya know." AJ smiled.

"Yeah, yeah. See ya later."

"C-ya!" After that, Ashley started to walk around look for Brian so that she could tell him what AJ had just told her. After a few mintues, she found him sitting on a chair, lost in thought.

"Brian."

"Hey Ashley, have you heard anything about Nick and Stephanie yet?"

"Yeah, AJ just told me that Stef and Nick went back to Nicks' place....." her voice trailed off.

"You don't think that they..." Brain trailed off with a wide-eyed look on his face.

"I don't know. I mean they love each other. They might have.... I just hope they know what they are doing. Stephanie has never had sex before, she has never even have a guy tell her that he loved her before, so I think that alone may have overwhelmed her. But I know Stephanie, I don't think she, I don't know."

"Well, I guess all we can do is wait. They would tell us if anything happened, we are their best friends besides each other."

"Hey, can you give me a ride home? I came with Stephanie and Nick, but they left me here. I knew that that was going to happen. It always does."

"Yeah, sure I can give you a quick ride home. I've been wanting to leave, but I wanted to make sure that Nick and Stephanie were okay first, ya know?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, and Ashley,"

"What?"

"About what you said. I think that they only left you behind because they wanted to be alone to talk. Stef and you look like really great friends. She just wants to spend time with Nick. They don't get to see each other much anymore because of the fact that we are always touring or doing something. When were not around, I know that you and her spend a lot of time together. If Nick was around more, the time she spends with you and him would be evenly split and she wouldn't leave like that. They just want to be together every second they can. That's all."

"Thanks a lot."

"Sure, no problem." Then Brian took Ashley home and then he went home himself. The whole time, both of them worried about Stephanie and Nick.

"I hope they are okay," Ashley said while in the car with Brain.

"I know they are okay. It's just wish they would have told us that they would have told us something, like that fact that they were leaving."

"Brian, they did. They had AJ tell us."

"Yeah, we were lucky that he remembered. Ya know. When he's at parties, he usually don't care about what's going on around him. There could be a fire and he wouldn't care. He probably wouldn't even notice."

"Geez," Ashley laughed, "you guys are crazy."

"Well, here you are. Let me know if either of them call you," Brian said as they pulled up to Ashleys' house.

"Yeah, no problem, you do the same."

"Okay." Ashley got out of the car and walked to her door. She hoped that Stephanie and Nick hadn't done something that they are going to regret. It was weird to know that they were finally together, she thought that this was never going to happen. They were both shy with their feelings. Yet, she thought that it was great that they were finally together.