- Text Size +
Chapter 4

The Next Morning at Nicks'

Stephanies' eyes slowly started to open. She awoke in Nicks arms and smiled at that. She slowly started to sit up, trying not to wake up Nick from his sleeping state. Stephanie smiled at him and walked over to the phone and dialed Ashley's phone number.

"Hello?" Came a sleepy voice.

"Ashley, it's me," Stephanie wishpered.

"Stephanie? Oh my god, what happened last night?"

"Well, me and Nick talked, and we both have feelings for each other and we went back to his place to be alone."
"Did anything happen?"

"No, we were moving in that direction, but I stopped him, I wasn't ready yet. You sound worried, did you think something was going to happen between me and him?"

"Yeah, actually I did. I mean you and him have been friends for so long and I guess that since you both felt the same way, something was going to happen. It's not like you two met last night for the first time. You've known each other for so long, I just thought, well, that you were going to do it with him."

"I'm not ready to. Ashley, you don't have to worry about me, I can take care of myself. I'm not a little girl. Besides, like you said, me and Nick have known each other our whole lifes. Neither one of us are willing to risk it all for one night of passion."

"Good, I'm glad."

"I'm going to let you go. Nick is still sleeping, and I don't want to wake him up. Just yet anyway," she said and smiled.

"Okay, oh, tell Nick to call Brian. He was worried too."

"Alrighie, can do. Talk to you later, bye."

"Bye," she said and hung up the phone relieved that nothing happened. Stephanie walked over to the couch were Nick was still sleeping. She wondered if she should wake him up or not. Finally after ten minutes of debating about it in her head, she decided to wake him up.

"Nick," Stephanie said shaking him.

"WHAT?" Nick said startled, almost forgetting that last night happened. Almost forgetting that Stephanie had spent the night.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," she said looking at him.

"It's ok. It's just that I'm not used to having someone here to wake me up. I thought I was having a dream."

"Oh, but it's not a dream."

"Yeah I know, and I'm glad that you're really here."

"Me too. Brian wants you to call him. I called Ashley ten minutes ago and she said that he wanted to talk to you."

"Okay, but not now, 'cause I need to take a shower and get myself fully awake."

"Sure, but when are you going to take me home?"

"Never. I'm never going to let you go."

"Now why is that Mr.Carter?"

"Because I love you too much," Nick said and smiled at her and she returned his smile. Then she put her head on her chest and he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tight.

"What about your shower?"

"It can wait. I'm with the woman of my dreams."

"So now I'm the woman of your dreams?"

"You always have been, I was just to blind to see that. Now that I know that, I'm never going to let you go. You mean to much to me."

"Awwwwww....." Stephanie said smiling, messing with Nick.

"Come on, I meant it. See, everytime we try to be serious with each other, one of us always messes it up."

"Yeah, thats the fun of it though, don't you think?"

"I guess so."

"You guess so?? You mean yes, my dear."

"Ok, yes. That is the fun of it."

"I'm glad that you see it my way."

"I love you."

"I love you too. Don't you think that I should be getting home so that no one worries about me."

"Do you have to?" Nick pouted.

"Yeah. I do."

"I don't want you to go yet."

"I don't want to leave either, but I have to."

"Can I ask you something?" Nick asked getting serious.

"Yeah," she answered, worried about what he was going to say.

"Can you move in with me. I want you here when I come home from touring with the guys. I want you here when I need someone to talk to, when I need a sholder to cry on. I need you here when I wake up in the morning, knowing that you are the person that I'm probably going to spend the rest of my life with. So, do you want to? You don't have to if you don't want to, but it would mean that we couldn't be together every second from the moment we wake up to the second we go to sleep. The choice is yours."

"Nick, wow, ummm," she said pausing to think, "I need sometime to think about it. Is that okay?"

"Yeah," Nick said a little dissapointed forcing a smile.

"Look Nick," Stephanie said taking his hand with hers, "I love you, and I just want to think about this. It's not you. I've been lied to before and hurt and I just want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing. Nick, you'll probably going to get an answer by this afternoon. It's not like I don't know you and that I don't trust you, because I do. I trust you more than I trust anyone. You've always been my best friend. That means something. It really does. Nick, you are a great person and I love you, is it all right if I think about it and get back to you?"

"Yeah, of course. Don't think that I'm rushing you into doing this. If you don't want to, you don't have to. I'm not going to force you to do something that you don't want to do. You have to want it. It's just that I want every morning to be like this morning you know? Me waking up, with my arms around you, holding you. I want to share that with you. When you're ready tell me, I'll always be just a phone call away. Remember that."

"Nick, I love you," Stephanie said and kissed him.

"We better get you home so that you can think about it," Nick said and got up and walked towards the door.

"Suddenly you're in a hurry to get rid of me huh?"

"No, it's just the sooner you get home, the sooner you can think about it and the sooner I'll know if you are going to move in with me and make me the happiest person in the world," Nick said as the two of them walked out the door and to Nicks car.