- Text Size +
Chapter 5

After Nick took Stephanie home, he went back to his house and called Brian to tell him everything that had happened to him and Stephanie.

"Man, I'm glad that I finally told her." Nick said smiling.

"Yeah, we all are! Now we don't have to listen to you go on and on about you being to afraid to tell you how feel. You did it and I'm happy for you man."

"Look, I'm sorry that I kept doing that. I just couldn't get her out of my mind. It was driving me crazy that my best friend, besides you, the person that I've known most of my life, was the person that I want to spend the rest of my life with. It was almost impossible for me to hang out with her and not think about what it would be like to be with her. It was hard."

"Yeah I bet it was. Can I tell you something, but you have to promise not to get mad."

"Ok, what?"

"The whole time I knew that she felt the same way, I got talking to Ashley one day and I told her, and she was in shock because she knew that Stephanie felt the same way. She made me promise that I wouldn't say anything. So I didn't, now that you two are together, I figured I should tell you."

"WHAT??? You mean that I was going crazy thinking that she might not feel the same way and most of the time you knew that she felt the same way?!?! You could have atleast given me a hint!" Nick yelled.

"Look, Nick calm down. I did hint! When I told you that she probably felt the same way, come on, I practicly told you! I couldn't because I promised. You that I would have told you other wise."

"Yeah, I know. Sorry for yelling at you like that. It's just you knew, and oh man."

"Sorry about that," Brian said, "so do you have any plans for later?"

"Kind of, I'm waiting for Stephanie to call me back. I asked her to move in with me, and she said that she would call me this afternoon with her answer."

"Woah, you asked her to move in with you? Don't you think thats going a bit too fast?"

"No, I mean I knew her most of my life. It's not like I don't know her. Now that we are fianlly going out, I want her to be with me as much as she can be. I just think this is a good way for me and her to spend more time with each other."

"Well, good luck to ya then."

"Thanks man."

"Talk to you later."

"Ok, bye."

"Bye." With that said, they both hung up the phone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*Back at Stephanies~*~*~*~*

Stephanie walked out of the bathroom from taking a shower and called Ashley to tell her about Nick asking her to move in with him.

"Hello?" Ashley said.

"Ashley it's me, Stephanie. I have to talk to you!"

"What?? What happened?? Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Nick asked me to move in with him."

"OH MY GOD!!! What did you say?"

"I told him that I had to think about it."

"Stephanie, what is there to think about? You are in love with this guy, this is great. Stephanie, you better tell him yes! If you don't I'm going to kill you! This is Nick, the guy that you have been telling me that you love and that you want to be with. This is your chance, go for it."

"For real, you think I should."

"Stephanie, are you kidding me? YES!!! Move in with him."

"Alright, I'm going to tell him yes. I'll call him in a few."

"Wow, I'm glad that you are finally with him. You guys look so cute together. You guys have always looked like you were a couple instead of friends. I'm glad that you guys are together, I'm happy for both of you."

"Thats really nice," Stephanie said smiling.

"Yeah, and I mean it. Look, I'm going to let you go, call Nick. Tell him that you are going to move in with him."

"Alright, talk to you later, bye."

"Bye." Stephanie hung up the phone and picked it back up and called Nick.

"Hello?" Nick said.

"Nick, it's me. I've decided."

"You sure? Have you thought it through? Whatever choice that you are going to make, are you sure that it's the right one."

"Yeah, I'm sure," Nick sat there in anticipation of Stephanie's answer, "well I've decided that now would be a good time for me to move in with you."

"Really??" Nick said with his happiness taking over.

"Yeah, I talked to Ashley and she was encouraging me to. She never tells me to do something that wouldn't be right. That and I had pretty much convinced myself that this was right. That I should move in with you."

"Alright, do you want to start moving your stuff today? I have no other plans and who knows how long I'm going to be here."

"Ok, I'll start getting my stuff together alright?"

"Yeah, I'll be over in a few."

"Ok, I love you."

"Love you too, bye."

"Bye." After Stephanie hung up the phone, she sighed. She had moved into the house that she currently lived in only a year ago. She had just moved out of her mothers house and was glad that she was finally on her own. She went to her closet and grabbed a bag and began to put her clothes in it.

As she walked around her room putting things into her bags, she came across an old photo album filled with pictures of her and Nick from when they were younger. Just as she was almost lost in all the memories that were in her mind, the door bell rang, it had to be Nick. She walked down the stairs and opened the door for Nick.

"Hi baby," Nick said.

"Hey, come look at what I found," Stephanie said.

"Okay," Nick said and followed Stephanie up to her room where the photo album was still on her bed.
"Check this out," Stephanie said and passed him the album and sat on the bed. As Nick flipped through the pages of the book, he smiled at the pictures and remembered all the things that Stephanie was just thinking about. Sitting next to her.

"Wow, I can't believe that you have all these pictures," Nick said.

"Yeah, I know. I'm the kind of person that keeps these kind of things."

"I can see that. What I can't see is why I didn't tell you sooner."

"Don't worry about that any more. We told each other. We are together now, and thats all that matters."

"Yeah, you're right. You got a lot of stuff packed already."

"Yeah. I guess something got the best of me. But what are we going to do about my furniture?"

"Well, I guess we could put it in storage or something. As you already may know, my house is full."

"Yeah. I guess."

"I mean if you want, you can take a few things if you want, you know, if you have something that means a lot to you."

"I don't really have any furniture that means a lot to me, so I guess we'll just put it in storage." Nick put his arm around Stephanie and said,
"This is going to be great."

"Yeah, it is." The two of them spent the rest of the day packing Stephanie's things. This was going to be a great experience for the both of them. Neither one of them could believe that they have come so far in such a short time. They went from being best friends to boyfriend and girlfriend. The only flaw that either one of them saw was the fact that Nick would always be away with the BackStreet Boys and she would never see him. When she it, his time home would be too short for either one of them.

"Okay, lets go," Nick said.

"Alright," Stephanie sighed.

"Whats wrong?"

"It's just this was my house, my chance to be independant. I'm going to miss it. I thought I would be here a while."

"Oh, are you having second thoughts about moving with me? If you are, tell me. I don't want you to do something you are going to regret."

"No, I want to move in with you. It's just a little bit odd. I mean we have always just been friends. Nothing more. Now this, I'm glad that it happened." Nick smiled.

"Well, we better get going."

"Yeah," Stephanie walked out of her room and shut off the lights for the last time and walked out to Nicks car.