- Text Size +
Chapter 8

~*~*~*~Later the same day*~*~*~*~
Nick and Stephanie sat there watching tv, nothing in particular, just anything that they happened to flip onto. Stephanie was still getting used to the fact that she was living here now and not just hanging out with her best friend which was a feeling that she was used to. Her mind began to wonder about what was going to happen when Nick went back on tour, she would be here all alone with no one. That was the part that she always hated the most, saying good-bye. Then suddenly, the phone rang. It must have startled her because the next thing she knew Nick was saying,

"Don't worry, it's only the phone." She watched as Nick walked over to get the phone. "Hello?" he answered.

"Nick, it's Brian. How are things going?"

"Great."

"How has Stef been? I'm pretty sure that this is something that she is going to have to get used to."

"She's fine," he said and walked out of the livingroom, leaving Stephanie in the silence that had just fallen over the room, though she didn't seem to notice, she was still lost in her thoughts.

"How's she ajusting to the change?"

"She handling it pretty well. I expected her to put up more of a fight as we were leaving her house. She has expressed how she felt, but she also said that she's going to be fine here."

"Just watch her. Oh yeah, we have to head out soon."

"What?" Nick said confussed.

"The tour remember? We leave in a few days."

"Your kidding me."

"No man, I'm not. I think you should tell her now instead of waiting until the day we leave like you usually do."

"Yeah I know. It's not as easy to hide now that she lives with me."

"So how was your first night sharing your house?"

"It was alright," Nick said thinking about the fact that he had to leave soon and how was he going to tell Stephanie.

"So it went well?"

"Yeah," Nick said still preoccupied by the fact that he had to leave soon.

"Anything interesting happen?" Brian said trying to liven up the conversation,.

"No, not really."

"You seem to have something on your mind. Whats wrong?"

"Just thinking about how I'm gonna tell Stef that we're leaving."

"Oh, then I'll let you go talk to her. Thats the best thing to do."

"Alright, talk to you later."

"Bye."

"Bye." Nick hung up the phone and went back to the livingroom where Stephanie was sitting. How was he going to tell her that he was leaving? Maybe she would come with him. He wasn't sure, he just knew that he had to ask her.

"Stef, baby," Nick said taking her hand in his, "that was Brian. He called to remind me that we are heading out soon."

"How soon?" She asked.

"In a few days."

"WHAT?"

"Stephanie, I totally forgot or I would have waited to ask you to move in. You know I wouldn't do that to you."

"Well Nick, you just did it to me. How could you forget something like that? How do you forget that you are leaving for months!? Thats something that would stick out in my mind," she yelled, obviously pissed off.

"Look," he said calmly, "I never would have done this, ask you to move in, when I was about to go on tour, I totally forgot about it. You were going to have to get used to it anyway. I love you, and there will be nothing that will stop me from loving you. This will work out, if thats what you're worried about. I don't give up easily on someone I love. Especially you."

"Nick, I'm sorry," she said not really knowing why she got so mad at him.

"Don't be sorry. If I was in your place, I might have acted the sameway. I mean that person asks you to move in with them, and then they leave. I'm the one thats sorry. I should have remembered that."
"It's ok. I'll be fine. You know that, I'm always great when you leave."

"Yeah, but we've never been dating before. You know what, why don't you come out with us? I mean that way we could stay together, and not have to miss each other."

"Nick, I don't know. I've never gone out with you guys. I wouldn't want to be in the way."

You wouldn't be in the way. The other guys have people come along with them all the time. I'm sure they would be glad to have you come along."

"I don't really know."

"Look, I'm not forcing you to go. If you want to, thats great, but if you don't want to, thats great too."

"I just need to think about it."

"Alright, let me know as soon as possible so I can give the guys a heads up if you're going."

"Sure." Just than, the phone rang, Nick smiled and then went to get it.

"Hello?"

"Hi! It's Ashley. Is Stephanie there?"

Yeah, right here," he said and passed the phone to Stephanie. She mouthed, 'who is it?' he responded with 'Ashley.'

"Hey!" Stephanie answered.

"Hey how have you been?"

"Great."

"So, not to sound up frount or anything, but how was your first night in your new home with the love of your love?" Stephanie got up and went to the kitchen, so that she could talk to Ashley and not have to worry about if Nick was listening or not.

"I really don't know. I mean I love being here, but last night something happened that shouldn't have."

"What a second, are you trying to tell me that you slept with him?"

"Yeah."

"Stephanie, I thought that you knew better! You said that you were going to wait until you got married, like me."

"Yeah, I know that. It just kind of happened. I mean I love him and I'm sure we're going to be together, but I still have doubts about what I did."

"Well you did it. There is no way to take it back. The thing is now, Nick is going to think that he can get you in bed anytime that he wants to."

"No, I told him that last night was something that I wasn't sure should have happened. He said that he wouldn't force me into doing anything that I don't want to. He also wants me to come out on tour with him."

"I don't know Stef. I mean Nick is a great guy, but this all seems a little unreal."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean come on, he acts like a perfect guy. There is no such thing. I just think he has something else on his mind other than love."

"Nicks not like that. I know he's not. You're just jealious that I found someone that loves me as much as I love him."

"Stephanie I didn't mean it like that, and I'm not jealious. If anything, I'm happy for you. You found the person that will love and respect you, I'm just telling you to watch yourself."

"I'm fine and I will be fine. I have to go. Nick has to tell me how long the tour is so I know what to bring."

"YOU'RE GONNA GO?"

"Yeah, bye."

"Stef, I think that you're making a mistake."

"I don't think so. Talk to you later. Bye," Stephanie said hanging up the phone not even letting her say good-bye. She didn't know why Ashley was acting like that, she thought that her best friend would be happy for her. Stephanie then went to the livingroom to find Nick half asleep on the couch.

"Nick," she said.

"Hum,"

"Do you still want me to go on tour with you?"

"Yes, why?"

"Because I thought about it, and I would love to go with you." Nick smiled at her because he was happy that his girlfriend was going out on tour with him.

"Thats great! I gotta call the guys and tell them that you're going."

"Ok," she said as she watched Nick go out to the kitchen and tell the guys that she was going out with them.