- Text Size +
Chapter 9

~*~*~*~A few days later*~*~*~*~*~*~
"You ready to go?" Nick asked Stephanie. He was still a little amazed that she was going to go on tour with him. She always wanted to stay at home and do her own thing, but he was happy that she was coming.

"Yeah," she said grabbing her bag and smiling.

"I'm still amazed that you're going."

"Don't be. I am going to do things that are going to surprise you."

"Really? What kind of things?" he asked smiling.

"Now if I told you, they wouldn't be surprises, now would they?"

"I guess not."

"Nope."

"Lets go, the guys are going to be here any second."

"Ok." Just as the two of them went downstairs, the door bell rang, and they both knew that it was them. Nick went to get it.

"Hey, lets go," Brian said. It was still very early and they were all still tired and they wanted to get on the bus as soon as possible so maybe they could get some more sleep. Nick than motioned for Stephanie to come. She grabbed her bag and walked over to them.

"How you doing?" Brian said to her.

"Great, but do you guys always leave this early?"

"Yeah, we do."

"Oh great," she said jokingly.

"You'll get used to it. Come on, lets go, we have to get a move on," Brian said. The three of them walked out to the bus which was waiting for them. They borded to find that the other guys were already wating for them.

"I didn't think that Stephanie was actually going to come! I thought they were just messin with us," AJ said.

"Well good morning to you too!" Stephanie sarcastly replied.

"I take it you're not a morning person."

"Do I look like a morning person?"

"Hey, you don't have to bite my head off geez."

"Ok quit it, you've only been on the bus for like two minutes and already you're fighting with someone," Howie said.

"What, you're picking on me too? How lucky can I get?"

"Extremely," Nick said.

"So am I to understand that I am going to be picked on the whole time?"

"Yep, it's usually me that gets picked on, but I decided that I would share that wonderful experience with you."

"Gee, don't I feel special. Is it too late for me to change my mind?" just as she finished the question, the bus took motion and began its trip.

"Yep. Looks like it is," Nick said and smiled at her.

"Just don't be too cruel!" She said giving in.

"I can't promise that," Nick said.

"Shut up!" she said and smacked his shoulder lightly.

~*~*~*~*~*~3 weeks later*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Welcome to New York, babe," Nick said to Stephanie as they went into the hotel room that they would be staying in for the next week or so.

"Since we're here, I want to go out and see the sites. I've never been here before," she said to him.

"Sure, but you're going to have to go alone. I can't go outside without causing a major riot and being asked for an autograph."

"It's not gonna be the same with out you!"

"Yeah, nothing is the same with out me!"

"I'm still not feeling too good."

"Whats wrong? Your stomach still hurts?"

"Yeah, I have no clue why."

"You should see a doctor or something. Don't just
leave it, there could be a real problem or something."

"I'll do that."

"Good, I don't want anything to happen to you." Nick smiled and kissed her on the cheek. She went to lay on the bed for a while, maybe if she got some rest she would feel better. Life on the road with the guys was a lot of work. She hadn't expected it to be so hard on her. Then recently, she was experiencing a lot of stoamach pains. She had been getting very sick and spending a lot of time in the bathroom throwing up. Just as Stephanie began to fall asleep, someone knocked at the door.

"I'll get it, it might be a fan," Nick said looking at Stephanie. He walked over to the door and opened it. There stood Brian and his wife, Leighanne.

"Hey guys, come on in," Nick said.

"Hey Stef, how you feeling?" Brian asked.

"Like crap still, but other than that, I'm fine," she said and smiled.

"I told her to go see a doctor and see whats wrong," Nick said.

"If you want, I'll go with you," Leighanne offered.

"Yeah, thats a good idea," Stephanie said and smiled at her kindness.

"Want to go now and get it over with?"

"Sure why not? The sooner they find out whats wrong with me, the sooner I can do something to help myself get better," Stephanie said getting up from the bed.

"Lets go," Leighanne said. The two girls walked out of the room and out to get a ride to the hospital.