- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this chapter is so short....but don't worry the next one will be longer.
The day started out like any other ordinary day over at his house. He had given the kids their breakfast and let them watch Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob Square Pants. But that soon changed when he saw little Baylee go into a seizure. He didn’t know what to do. He didn’t have Baylee’s medication and he couldn’t take him to the hospital only because there is a missing children’s report filed. What could he do? He sat Baylee down on his bed and tried to make him as comfortable as possible.


”God please just help me out. I promise to give them back…I wont harm him just please help me out,” he called, but there was nothing, “Just my luck” he said and then he saw Logan walk into the room.


”Is Baylee ok?” he didn’t answer,” Uncle Nick is he ok? Did mommy pack his medication?” Nick didn’t know how to respond.


”No your mommy didn’t pack it. Is there anything we can do?”


”She used to put some in Baylee’s teddy bear, but we don’t have it. We have to go to the hospital Uncle Nick.” In his heart he knew he needed to take Baylee in. But how was he going to be able to pull that off? Nick soon found himself pacing back in forth in his room looking at Baylee when he finally got it. It was a stupid idea, but it just might work.


”Logan can you go and get yours and your brother’s clothes for me? And don’t’ forget your hats either” Logan did as he was told. He came back with the clothes and Nick dressed both kids. He took Baylee out to his car and buckled him in and soon did the same to Logan. He was taking a chance, but he had no choice.


Meanwhile, at the Littrell house Brian just happened to be looking out the window and in the distance he saw his neighbor carrying a small child out to his car.


”Nick doesn’t have any kids but maybe he is just baby-sitting.” Brian didn’t think anything of it, but he couldn’t stop thinking about the little child that he was carrying out to his car and then he noticed a familiar hat it was a hat he had bought for Logan when they went to their first baseball game together.


”Jordan! Jordan! Come here quick!”


”What is it Brian? Why are you yelling?”


”Look outside. Doesn’t that look like Logan’s hat?”


”Brian stop….we’ll find them. You are just imagining things. Remember what the detectives said? They could be anywhere and with anyone”


”Just look!” Brian yelled Jordan gave in and saw the little boy being buckled into the car,” Did you see him? Do you see the hat?”


”Brian anybody can have that hat”


”But it’s at Nick’s house. Do you ever remember him having any kids? I don’t”


”You’re taking this way to seriously Brian, and I thought I’d be the one going coo coo. Did you ever think maybe Nick could be baby-sitting? You just need to go and lay down, and rest for a while.” Jordan gave Brian a kiss and went back into the kitchen.


Brian knew that was Logan but where was Baylee? Why didn’t he see Baylee could something have happened to him and not know it? There was something fishy about this and Brian was going to get into it. He knew that was Logan’s hat and it had to be them in Nick’s car.