- Text Size +
Just wanted to let you now, that this story is written by Anita and her e-mail address is cheertg@aol.com please feel free to send her feedback :)
Thanks,
Mare
___________________________
People stood all around outside in the back yard. It was a party, a birthday part for a guy everyone knew. He was Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys. A band played loud and everyone was having a great time. No one could have ever guessed how the night would end.

Brian turned to his younger friend Nick. "Yo Nick, if you could have one last wish, what would it be?"

Nick gave his friend a weird look. "Awww man rok, you always come up with the wierdest things, but yeah ok if I could have one last wish.... it would be to get laid tonight!" and with that Nick grabbed a bottle of beer and ran out to the party in his backyard.

Brian shook his head with a sad smile. Trust Nick to pick something stupid like that so he wouldn't have to actually think of a meaningful answer. Brian took a drink from the cooler and looked around. He felt a sudden shiver like something was bound to happen. He shook it off deciding that he was just being weird. Soon he went towards his friends and joked around with them.

"Dude you should have seen that chick I mean she was way hott." AJ was currently telling the guys about some random girl.

"AJ, everything walking around with two legs and breasts is hot to you." Kevin told him with a smile.

"Eeeewwww no way I mean have you seen those seriously fat men walking around with boobs. No thanks not interested here." He made a face and they all laughed.

They all continued to joke around and have fun.

A loud boom of sudden thunder made some of the party guest scream. Nick sighed frustrated. Yeah it would figure that it would rain on his party just when things were getting good.

"Ok everyone inside we can finish the party in there and wait the rain out" He called out to all the people. After about 10 minutes everyone and everything had been taken inside. People turned the radio on loud and began to dance.

"Yeah man lets get this party started!" AJ yelled jumping off the couch. People took AJ's lead and began to get wild. Nick smiled, up this was how it should be everyone having fun, he thought. Everyone was cool for a while until there was a little jerk. Cries of panic rose into the air.

"Alright everyone calm down it was just a small earthquake its over now." Nick called out trying to calm his guests. He turned on the tv as a person was announcing.

"Yes Jack an earthquake just hit and the scientist believe it was at 4 on the scale. There have also been some warnings about other earthquakes that could hit the town again."

People at the party began to run around in a panic all wanting to return home.

"OK EVERYONE JUST CALM DOWN!" Brian shouted trying to get the people settled.

"We all just have to be calm and pray running around isn't going to help, someone could get hurt that way."

One by one the guests settle around the room. The clouds had come in making the room dark and eerie. The wind even began to howl. Brian looked over at Nick who was staring off into space a terrified look was in his eyes. He silently began to pray and soon the others all joined in. They were in the middle of a paryer when the floor began to rumble again screams rose into the air once again. Brian waited until the earthquake was over but this one was a long one.

Things began to fall all over the room.

"Everyone get covered." Kevin yelled suddenly becoming the rational voice in the room. People ran to get under tables and anything that might be able to protect them. Brian looked across the room at Nick.

"Come on man we have to get covered!" He yelled over the noise. Nick jumped to his feet and started towards Brian. Brians eyes widdened in terror as a bookshelf tilted. In slow motion he saw Nicks look of terror and the bookself pin his best friend to the floor. The earthquake stopped and Brian triend to run to his friend.

Things lay strewn all over making it hard for Brian to get to Nick. He climbed over things that had fallen off shelfs. Brian was terrified, he had no idea how bad Nick was hurt. Finally he reached his younger brother.

"Nick please bro are you alright!"

Nick turned his pain filled eyes to Brian. "I can barely breath, I....I feel as everything in my chest is crushing."

Brians eyes filled upwith tears. "Nick come on bro, you are gonna be ok, everything is going to be ok we are gonna get you out of this." He tried to lift the shelf off Nick but it was too heavy. He sat by Nick and looked down at his friend and tried not to cry.

Memories of when he had first met Nick floated through his mind. He had thought that the little blond kid was annoying and sometimes he just wanted to strangle him. He remembered a trip onetime in which Nick had to share a room with AJ and AJ had done everything possible to scare Nick in which he succeeded. Late during the night there had been a knock at Brians door and a little Nick stood with tears making his blue eyes shine. Brian had let Nick spend the night in his room and did everyything to comfort him. No Nick couldn't die, Brian was not going to let that happen.

Nick looked at Brian. "Earlier you asked me if I had one last wish what would it be....well I wish i could see my family and the rest of the guys before I die...." Brian became alarmed as Nicks voice trailed off and his eyes shut. He could not tell if his friend was still alive. Brians head fell back and he let out a scream of agony.