- Text Size +
CHAPTER TWO: THE CONCERT
Three weeks go by and the concert was canceled, due to Brian being sick. He had strep throat and couldn’t sing. Leslie and Sarah sat down on the couch and talked about that same day they were going to meet their favorite band of all time was canceled. “Sarah, We both have liked them for like thirteen years, and we won the contest to go to a concert and meet them personally.” Sarah nodded her head, “Yeah, but think about it, they know our phone and cell numbers, so they could always call—“ Sarah was then interrupted by her cell phone ringing. She and Leslie looked from the cell to each other. Sarah answered her phone.

“Hello?” She said a little shaky. “Hey Sarah!” Aj said on the other line. Sarah recognized the phone instantly and he explained, “Bri got strep throat, so he couldn’t sing. But, he isn’t contagious, so we were wondering if we could come down and visit?” Sarah’s eyes grew wide with excitement. She told Leslie and she nodded her head in agreement. “Guess who else is with me?” Aj said. Sarah asked, “Who?” Aj then told Sarah that Mary was there and planned the whole thing. “Sarah, we are driving, since the whether is too bad to fly, so we are going to drive down to Georgia and come and visit.” He explained. Sarah agreed and he explained it would take them a few days, about two or three to get there. Sarah said, “That’s fine! You just get here safe and sound okay?” Then after a little while later, they hung up.

“Sarah, this is so cool! We should go shopping since we got paid.” Leslie said while walking to the door. Sarah smiled, picked up Leslie’s keys and said, “That is going to be a little difficult without the keys, now ain’t it Leslie?” Leslie walked back over to where Sarah was and gave her a noogie. They went to the mall, the same mall they went to before. Sarah went to a skater looking store and Leslie followed. Then they went to a little area that was selling jewelry and bought some. They also bought a necklace for Aj, a bracelet for Brian, a ring for Howie, and a birthday stone for Kevin, and a pair of shoes for Nick.

We left the mall, and Sarah received a call from her mother. “Sarah!” She yelled. Sarah removed the phone from her face and put it back to her face slowly. “Ma’am?” She answered back. “How in the hell are the Backstreet Boys coming to my house?! Did you give them our address?” Sarah explained the whole thing. “I don’t care Sarah. Aj, or what ever his name is, is NOT coming over. Do you understand?” Sarah then said, “Mom, he is already on his way!” Mom said, “ I don’t care! Call him and tell him to turn around. He is not coming.” Mom then hung up the phone. Sarah plopped down by the bench and held her head in her hands. Leslie, looking as if she were about to cry, walked over and placed a hand on Sarah’s back. “What happened Hun?” Sarah then yelled, “I HAVE TO CALL AJ AND TELL HIM THAT MY MOM SAID THAT HE CANT COME. HIM AND THE REST OF THEM!” She replaced her head in her hands. Leslie then got a phone call, from Aj. “Hey Girly!” He said. Leslie told him the bad news and he said, “Let me talk to Sary.” Leslie looked confused, “Sary?” She said. Aj explained why he calls her Sary. Then he made up a nickname for Leslie. Dizzy. Leslie handed the phone to Sarah and she explained the whole thing. “I don’t care Sary. I’m coming over no matter what. Besides, I’m at the Macon mall anyway, which I know is two hours away from your place.” Sarah shot her head up, and when she did, she saw Aj standing there with some bags. He gave the bags to Kevin and ran to me. He gave Sarah a hug and a kiss on the forehead. “I’m going to talk to your mom, face to face.” Sarah’s eyes grew wide, “Aj No!” She said. Aj placed her back on the ground and she walked to the bench. Leslie gave Sarah a hug from behind and said, “Sarah’s right J. It wont work.” Aj then thought about it for a while. Mary walked over to where Leslie and Sarah were sitting and looked to the guys.

All the guys were huddled up, as if they were in a football game. They all split up and Aj said, “Sarah how old are you?” Sarah looked up and said, “Twenty-two, but what does that have to—“ Aj interrupted her and said, “Good. Leslie I know you are stayin’ with Sarah, so how about I can get you two to—“ Leslie interrupted Aj and said, “Wait! Are you suggesting that we live with you?” Aj smiled. Leslie and Sarah’s eyes grew wide. “J, it’s not going to work.” Leslie said and Brian cut in, “Not if I have a say in it.” The girls smiled. “Let’s do it!” Nick and while he clapped his hands and headed out the door. Then two hours later, they arrived at Sarah’s house.