- Text Size +
Kaos Equals Trouble - 1

You know those days when you don't wanna get up and then there are days when you wish you were never born? The story I'm about to tell you is one of those days when I wished that I was buried six feet under ground, when my life sucked even more than it usually does. When Kaos equals trouble....Okay here we go; I was somewhere in Europe, to be exact Spain and in Madrid and we'd just arrived from Italy last night when there was a loud noise interupting me;.......

"Nick...Nickyyyyyyyy...Kaos..." AJ sing-songed

Rolling onto my side, I peeked out from under my cocoon of blankets to check the time. I don't know why I wanted to know the time - we had a free morning and I was planning on catching up on some long overdue sleep. At least that was my plans until the scent of cigarette smoke assualted my nose. Groaning, I pulled the blankets down, leaving enough space to breathe.

"Hey Nicky! Let's do something this morning!"

'Shit....AJ!' I mentally cursed. I didn't dare move, hoping that he would think I was still sleeping. A forceful tap on my shoulder proved otherwise.

"Wakey wakey Nicky boy!" AJ rasped.

"I'm sleeping," I grunted through gritted teeth.

"No you're not."

"Just let me go back to sleep then!"

I had just positioned myself when AJ ripped the blankets off.

"C'mon kid, let's go do something!"

I grabbed the blankets off the floor and pulled them back on. "Jay, it's barely nine o'clock lemme sleep in for cryin' out loud....who the heck gets up at nine besides Kevin?"

AJ flashed a cheeky grin. "I've been up since six."

"Why?"

"You snore--"

"I do not!"

"And you farted and stunk up the room," AJ added.

"You probably smelled yourself," I defended as I punched the lumps out of the hotel pillow, laying back down once I was satisfied.

"C'mon Kaos, lets go out and check out that shop."

"Shop? What makes you think I wanna go out shopping with you? I thought that was Howie's thing."

"Howie is busy with some girl he met and he told me wasn't in the mood to go shopping. Something wrong with me wanting to go out with my little bro?"

I looked over at AJ suspiciously. "Yeah since you don't like me hanging around you....yeah, I would say that there is definately something wrong. Why not take Brian then he's into stuff like shopping for clothes."

AJ feigned a look of hurt on his face. "Nicky, I just wanted to spend some quality time with you. Besides he said he had to make some calls to somebody or something like that, so its just you and me kiddo."

I rolled over, my back toward AJ. "Spare me. I wanna sleep...wake me up at noon and I'll think about it."

Just when I thought AJ was going to leave me alone and accept the fact that I wasn't planning on going shopping with him on my morning off, I felt the clothes being thrown on the bed.

"Go grab a shower and put this stuff on, you're going out with me."

"Geeze.....where did you get off on being a control freak?"

"I'm not a control freak, I just figure you needed a little forceful persuasion."

"If you don't leave me alone and let me go back to sleep I swear I'll call Kevin and see what he says," I threatened.

"Kevin won't give a shit what you have to say," AJ snarled.

I knew he was right but a guy could at least try. "Well I ain't going with you."

"Kevin don't give a shit but I know someone would really want to know who actually took a dump on the bus yesterday."

There were two very important Backstreet Rules that were handed to us at the beginning of this tour by Louis J. Pearlman:

#1) Do not go anywhere without your bodyguards

and most important

#2) Do not shit on the tour bus!

I could feel the heat rising to my face. I knew I was breaking rule number two by taking a number two on the bus but nature called and I couldn't wait any longer. When a guy has to go, a guy has to go, right?

"You promised you wouldn't tell," I begged.

"I promised when I saw you walk out but that doesn't mean I wasn't gonna use it later."

My life totally sucked at that moment.

"So you gonna go with me Carter or do I have to go tell Lou?"

I glared at AJ as I dragged myself out of my warm haven. "I'll go...I'll go."

AJ clapped his hands together. "Great, you go shower and I'm going down the hall to tell Kevin where we will be going and grab our detail."

I stood in the bathroom staring at myself for a few moments before I started the task of brushing my teeth. I knew I looked like complete shit and I quickly decided that I would have been better off letting AJ narc on me and face Pearlman. It was too late now though, I thought wistfully. Out of habit, I grabbed the paper cup and filled it with tap water, rinising the toothpaste from my mouth. Without thinking I drank the rest of the contents before I remembered the rule that was drilled into my head by Kevin Richardson the very first time we toured Europe.

DON'T DRINK THE WATER

I shrugged my shoulders after I wiped my mouth off with the back of my hand.

"A little won't hurt."