- Text Size +

Rolling onto my side I quickly found out that for some reason it made me feel sick to my stomach. I seriously thought I was going to throw up right in bed! How disgusting would that be? To top it off, I found out that Kevin was standing at the foot of my bed....well it wasn't my bed - how the heck did I end up in someplace other than home?

"How are you feeling this morning Nick?"

Do I even dare answer that question? My mind was completely fogged up and to be honest, I don't remember what I did last night. Did I sneak out clubbing with AJ? Nah, that couldn't be it because Kevin wouldn't come into my hotel room and ask me how I was feeling all the time looking concerned. Okay, just tell him something...anything and maybe he'll go away and let me go back to sleep or go to puke....

"Okay." Judging by the look on Kevin's face, I musta said the wrong answer. I figured he musta caught me coming back in late with AJ and he already knew we went clubbing I guess. "Okay I guess for what I did last night."

"What the hell are you talking about Nick?"

By the look on AJ's face, I blew his cover. Can a guy ever win? I looked at him and gave him a half-smile. "You know."

"No Nick, I don't know."

Judas...is this guy thick headed or what? Here I am trying to bail myself out and not let on as to how totally hungover I feel and AJ is blowing it for me. I mean judging by how shitty I felt and the lamp lighting in the room was bothering my eyes not to mention the Osama of a headache I had could only mean that I went out last night and got completely shitfaced.

"His eyes look kinda funny."

Thank you Brian Littrell. It's not like you never got wasted before.

"I really don't like the way his eyes look to me either."

Wait a minute, now I have Kevin sticking his garlic breath in my face to look at my eyes. I seriously think I'm gonna puke! "My eyes are fine, I mean I got what I deserved so everyone just leave me alone now. Party's over."

Kevin sat on the edge of the bed. "Nicky, I don't know why you think you deserved that? No one ever deserves what happened to you....you do remember what happened yesterday, don't you?"

"I went out clubbing with AJ and I'm sorry. Can I go to sleep now?"

"No Nick, you didn't go out clubbing. Do you feel okay?"

Why was Kevin still breathing on my face? I want everyone to leave me alone! "Why don't you ask me after I'm awake, okay? What time is it anyway?"

Kevin didn't move away from the bed. "It's 5:45."

"Okay, so ask me how I feel at 9:00."

"The kid has a point."

Thank you AJ!

"How can you say that! Nick has a concussion."

What the hell is Brian talking about? "Seriously Brian, you need to go back to bed yourself."

"Nick, what year were you born?"

"What the heck are you talking about Brian?"

"Just answer my question...what year were you born?"

Judging by the way Kevin's head almost snapped off his neck, he musta thought that Brian was asking a dumb question. Instead of siding with me and telling Brian to leave me alone and go back to bed, he turned back and stared at me like I was going to answer the Final Jeporady question correctly or something. I suddenly realized that not only was Kevin waiting for me to answer but Brian and AJ.

"1990, satisfied?"

" '90....you're serious?"

"Of course I'm serious."

"SHIT.....I JUST KNEW IT! It's our fault we overslept!" Brian ranted as he paced by the side of the bed.

This had Kevin's attention. "What are you talking about?"

"We were suppose to wake Nicky up at 2:00 and we woke up at 5:30."

AJ threw a glare at the younger Kentuckian. "Jesus Littrell!"

"Guys, you're making too much noise and my head hurts, take it outside okay? I'm sleepy."

"Okay I'll leave you alone Nick if you tell me honestly what year you were born."

God Kevin can be a creep. "I was born in 1990. Okay, I just told you that it was 1996 um no wait I mean 1995 now let me go to sleep!"

"Which one is it Nick?"

I was really getting sick of him! "Just let me go back to sleep please? I'll answer any question you want to ask me later, okay?"

"You said you were born first in 1990 and now you changed it to 96 and then you said 95, do you realize how old that would make you right now?"

Why is Kevin drilling me? "Can I go to sleep? p-l-l-l-e-a-a-s-e?""

Man my voice sounded really whiney but I know that Kevin hates it when I whine so maybe he'll leave me alone and let me go to sleep. I noticed that now he was looking at me kinda weird. "1980."

"1980...."

Kevin repeated the numbers, dragging each one out like they each held a clue to something he was looking for. Did I ever mention how much I hate how he over analyzes things? Okay now my head is really killing me. "Satisfied? Can I go back to sleep now?"

He looked at me for a few minutes and I made sure I kept my eye contact with him. To look away would have meant to him that I didn't know what I was talking about or something gay like that. And then my prayers were answered.

"Okay little man......go back to sleep."