- Text Size +
Kaos Equals Trouble - Chapter 25

"C'mon little man, lets get you cleaned up."

I jerked from my comfortable position on the bed....wait! When did I get into a bed?? "W-where are we?"

"Back at the hotel."

When did we get back to the hotel? I don't remember going back.....wow I must seriously be losing it! "How long have we been back?"

Okay....not one of the brightest questions to ask but at least it didn't sound obvious that I had no clue how I got back to the hotel.

Kevin glanced down at his watch. "Um...about three hours or so."

THREE HOURS?!? I've been sleep for three hours and no one has bugged me? This has got to be a miracle!

"How are you feeling?"

Like road kill....

"Good."

"Do you know where we are?"

Geeze here comes the twenty friggen questions about where we are now and what my name is....

"We're in a hotel, my name is Nick and I was born in 1980."

"Whoa..whoa...I didn't ask you all that....what city are we in?"

"How the heck am I suppose to remember that? We move all the time."

"Okay I guess you have one up on me and I'll cut you some slack since you answered the questions I would have asked you correctly."

Wow Kevy Kev can be pretty cool sometimes.

"I'll turn the water on...do you think you're able to get undressed or are you still feeling unsteady on your feet?"

Why the heck would I be unsteady on my feet, I wondered to myself as I stood up and immediately took two unintended steps sideways toward the dresser on the other side of the room.

"Ooops..."

Kevin immediately ran to catch me before I body slammed myself to the floor. Why the heck did that just happen??

"How about you sit here until I come and get you?"

"Do you know how gay this will look if you come and take me to the shower?"

"I'm not really concerned about that," Kevin said in his 'no-nonsense Kevin voice.' When he talked like that he meant business!

What did I do to deserve this anyway? First I puke my guts out at a stupid meet and greet and then the next thing I remember is waking up in bed.....there has to be more than this going on that Kevin wants me to take a shower with him....do we need to have a talk?

"Hey Kev.....I thought you were in love with Kristen."

Kevin paused at the bathroom door and turned to face me. "I am.....thats an odd question, where did that come from?"

"Ah...um, it's just that you want to take a shower with me...."

I could have sworn I saw all the freaky faces that guy could make but this was was really weird. He looked pissed but yet had this look like he was gonna bust out laughing at the same time.

"Nick...Nicky, I said I was gonna help you get into the shower, not shower with you!"

"My head hurts."

"Stay put, you'll feel better after a hot bath."

A hot bath? I musta freaked Kevin out with all the gay talk cause he switched from shower to a bath. "What happened to the shower?"

"You're not steady on your feet so I thought it would be best to sit in the bathtub."

After he said that all I could think was that I was going to fall asleep and sink beneath the water and drown...it seemed like he was in the bathroom for two minutes when he came back out to get me.

"C'mon Nick, up you go..."

He had a hand planted firmly underneath my arm like he was going to save me from falling off a cliff or something. As much as I hated having him guide me to the bathroom, a part of me was happy he did because my legs felt like rubber. I must really be sick!

Okay, once we made it into the bathroom, he had me sit on the closed toilet seat lid.

"Start stripping down."

I rolled my eyes after I looked up and saw Kevin literally staring down at me.

"I think I can do this without an audience," I protested.

For a moment I thought Kevin was gonna take the hint and give me some privacy.....

"Just stay sitting and slide your shirt off and then you can step out of your pants."

....or not!

"Why the heck do you insist that I take a bath in the middle of the day anyways?"

"Because you threw up on the front of your shirt and you've been all sweaty and gross."

Okay I guess my shirt felt a little crisp but I musta gotten used to the smell cause I didn't think I stunk that bad.

"How about I just change my shirt and run a wet wash cloth over my face?" I flashed my cheesiest Nick Carter grin his way to sway my opinion in his direction. No such luck!

"Nick.....just take your stuff off, the quicker you do this the sooner we'll be done."

"Can I at least have some privacy??"

"And fall off the toilet seat and crack your head wide open? I don't think so."

I smirked at the vision of cracking my head wide open....that is such a weird way of putting things. Do people honestly crack their head wide open and have their brians hang out? Would you look like a broken Pez dispenser or something?

"Nick.....Nick??"

Oops....I started spacing out again....I immediately pulled the stiff shirt over my head.

"Okay just step out of your pants and boxers," Kevin directed. "I'll hang onto your arm when you stand up."

This is sooooo weird. Bet the National Enquirer would love to get their hands on a picture of this since they love to call us the Backdoor Boys.

"Nick..."

Jeeze! I gotta stop thinking!! I get caught spacing out too much around Kevin.

"Sorry," I apologized quietly.

"Okay, get up slowly so you don't fall over," Kevin directed me. I got up slowly but once I was standing up, I wished I was sitting down. The room started spinning and I felt a little woozy. "Whoa Nick, sit back down."

"I'm fine," I argued.

"Just sit down."

"Lemme go I'm fine."

"You're not fine! You're gonna pass out!"

How the heck did Kevin know how I was feeling?? Before I realized it, the room started turning fuzzy - sorta like gazillon flies came into the bathroom and the last thing I heard was Kevin groaning as he struggled to keep me from falling.