- Text Size +

"Nick....Nick??"

I kept my eyes closed, ignoring Brian's pokes on my arm.

"Nicky what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

Why was I dizzy? What the heck is wrong with me? Why can't I tell him?

"C'mon I can tell something is wrong....."

"It's nothing," I mumbled. There was no way in hell I really wasn't sure what was happening. I felt sick to my stomach and I was pretty sure I wasn't going to admit that something was wrong! Not after what happened to me with that doctor. I just wanted this trip to be over.

"Nick, I can't help you if you don't tell me what the problem is."

I shook my head.

"I'll be fine...."

"If you're fine then why do you have your eyes closed?"

"Because I'm sleeping."

"Nick, you can't be sleeping, you're talking to us."

Okay now Kevin? Do these cousins work in a team? I swear it must be something in their genes!

"Your knuckles are as white as a sheet. Something's bugging you.....you're worrying me now."

"Brian I said I was fine, stop overreacting!"

After a few minutes I figured Brian and Kevin were going to leave me alone until someone suddenly literally pounded me in the upper arm. My eyes snapped open and AJ's face was spinning in front of me. I quickly closed my eyes as I yelled at the top of my lungs, "OUCH! What the fuck did you do that for?!"

"You guys baby the kid way too much," AJ rasped. "Okay you opened your eyes....."

"Because you attacked me!" I panted in pain. It hurt so bad I seriously wanted to cry.

"I didn't attack you," he said in a defensive tone.

"Yes you did..you punched my arm."

"Only cause you weren't opening your eyes and we were all getting worried."

"That's a nice way to show you care," I snapped as I rubbed my upper arm.

"Yeah Bone, that really wasn't necessary," Howie said.

"So what's wrong Nicky?"

"Bri....I told you I'm fine."

"Then why don't you open your eyes so I can look at you?"

Man....I swear Brian can be persistent!

"Because I DO NOT want to open my eyes, okay? The light kinda makes them hurt."

"Seriously?"

I groaned.....with Kevin getting into the picture I knew that no one was going to leave me alone. I wanted to tell them what was wrong but to be honest, I think I was going to start to cry and that would be pretty embarrassing on the plane in front of total strangers.

"Yes Kevin, they hurt....prolly cause I haven't been to sleep because you guys keep bugging me."

"You were sleeping and the only reason why Brian woke you up was because you were whining in your sleep like you were hurting," Kevin replied.

"I don't whine in my sleep..."

"You do lots of things in your sleep kiddo," AJ rasped.

I knew if I opened my eyes to look at AJ I would see that stupid smirk on his face because God only knows what he was thinking.

"You fart all night long..."

There it was! I just knew he was going to lead up to that!

"Leave me alone," I begged. I wanted to sound all mad and stuff but my voice came out in a whimper.

"Nicky, open your eyes so I can look at them," Kevin said.

I knew the old man wasn't going to fool around anymore by the way he just said that. I opened them only to see two Kevins floating around in front of my face......Holy crap! I closed my eyes as quickly as I opened them.

"What's wrong?"

This time I finally allowed myself to cry. I will admit I was getting pretty scared about now. I wanted to be off this plane and laying in bed....sleep had to be what I need, right?

"I'm dizzy and I saw two of Kevin."

"Do you feel sick to your stomach?" Howie asked in a quiet voice.

"Yeah kinda," I admitted. "But I hate airplanes so that's probably why."

I heard Kevin sigh and although I had my eyes closed I just knew he was running a hand through his hair while he was thinking. I feel sorry for the guy since I know he takes everything personally.

"Miss, how long until we land?"

"We will be announcing that in a few minutes...we are due into Miami in less than forty-five minutes."

"Miami? I thought we were going home!" I squeaked....God I hate when my voice does that, it makes me sound like such a baby.

"This is a scheduled stop.....is he feeling better?"

"He's not doing very well," Kevin told the flight attendant.

"Would you like me to get the doctor?"

NOOOOOOOO not that guy again!

"He'll be okay....we'll be having him seen by a physician in Tampa."

Thank you Kevin!

"I think we'll need a wheel chair for him when we land though."

My eyes quickly flew open which I instantly regretted when the room started spinning.A wheelchair?!?

"I'm okay I can walk."

"We will need a wheel chair, there is no way Nick can walk off this plane."

"Kevin I said I can walk....I'm not a baby."

"Nick, you can't even keep your eyes open. It's pretty hard to walk with your eyes closed."

"Blind people do it all the time," I protested.

"Kaos, quit being so damned stubborn," AJ muttered. "You aren't blind."

"You'll get hurt if you try to walk," Brian added.

"Just try to rest," Howie said in that soft, soothing voice he had.

I started to cry. I didn't care anymore who saw me...this sucked!