- Text Size +
Brian was twisted around as far as could in his chair, straining to see Nick, to see him move. C'mon, Frack... C'mon... You gotta be okay... You just gotta...

"NICK! ... Nick, c'mon! You gotta be okay! ... Nick, please! Nick!"



~/~/~/~/~()~~~~~



Nick had heard the gunshot... Hell, he'd felt it. He stopped. He couldn't move. Oh, God. Oh, God. I'm shot... I'm SHOT! He had to be... I can't move... My chest, my chest... God, I can't breathe... Nick's eyes were shut tight, feeling a pain in his chest. God, it burns... Nick felt a warm, sticky wetness spreading across his chest... Oh, no... I'm bleedin' ... I'm bleeding!... The pressure in his chest was becoming too much, he needed to breathe... He gasped, the action giving him sweet oxygen, but also causing his chest to burn even more. His eyes shot open, then...

He stared, frozen.

Nick suddenly couldn't breathe again. His breath came out as loud, short gasps as he struggled to take in air. His eyes stayed open wide, not blinking as he stared up into Jake's black, unseeing eyes. Jake's heavy weight pinned Nick's frame to the hard floor, Nick's arms pinned between he and Jake. Nick began to struggle, to get away. He couldn't get Jake's dead weight off of him, he was too heavy. It caused Nick difficulty in the act of breathing, he had to get away.

//-//-"Nick!"-\-\

The shout of his name managed to reach Nick, heard dimly in the haze he suddenly found himself in. Nick wanted to look to the voice, but he couldn't tear his eyes away from the sightless one's staring straight into his soul, burning their image into his memory. A dull roar began to fill Nick's mind, steadily becoming louder and louder. The burning in Nick's chest also remained, even though he now knew he wasn't shot, it still burned.

The roar filled his mind. Make it stop... Please, make it stop... Nick dimly heard his name repeated over and over, but it was drowned out by the roar. Nick finally managed to close his eyes, shutting Jake's face away. Nick continued to try and get away, his struggles becoming frantic.



//-//-Nick-\-\

-//-Nick-\-

-/-Nick--

"Nick!"



His name suddenly rang clear and wiped the roar away, his eyes snapping open. Nick recognized the voice, "Brian!" Nick was surprised by the sound of his voice, it sounded shrill and panicked.

"Thank God! Nick! Ar- are you okay?"

Nick didn't answer as he finally shoved Jake's weight off with one violent movement, pushing him to the side. Nick weakly sat up, then looked down at his hands. His eyes widened as he stared at his hands, they were colored red with blood. Then his mind registered the bloody gun he clutched in one hand by the barrel, he threw it away as if it were on fire, not believing what just happened.

Brian's eyes were wide with fear, "My God! Nick, are you hurt? Are you okay?"

Nick looked down at his chest, the navy material of his shirt was black with Jake's blood. Nick slowly brought a hand up to his chest, touching it. He winced, the touch causing a slight burning pain. Nick didn't know what was wrong, he didn't get shot. So, why did his chest hurt?

"Nick! Will you say somethin'?!"

That would be AJ's frustrated and... scared? voice. Nick didn't bring his eyes up, "I- I'm fine."

"Not for long!"

Nick's head snapped up at the venom filled voice, his eyes seeing the woman coming at him with a gun. Panicking, Nick began scrambling back in earnest, only to be stopped by Jake's immobile form.

They had forgotten about the woman in the fear and panic that filled them, freezing them to their spots. Not anymore. Kevin and AJ's feet were still mobile and they put them to use.

Kevin shot up from the couch, "No!" He yelled, he would not let anyone hurt Nick. Never again.

The woman spun around just in time to have Kevin slam into her, causing her to lose the gun. It hit the floor literally with a bang as it fired with the impact. Kevin cried out as the wild shot seared through his arm, he fell to the floor next to the woman, hitting hard on his side as his hands were still tied behind his back. He stayed on the floor with his eyes tight and teeth clenched at the burning pain in his upper left arm.

The woman screamed in rage as she sprawled on the floor.

AJ had went to Jake's prone form and managed to get Jake's knife, slicing it through his ropes, now free. He heard the gunshot and Kevin crying out in pain. Then his brown eyes fixed on the gun, lying still, only a few feet away. Dropping the knife, AJ calmly walked to it, not caring about the woman that was scrambling across the floor, trying to reach it before him. He was closer. He would get it first. AJ stopped with the gun at his feet, he bent over with a grimace and then carefully straightened, gun in hand. The woman froze, staring from the floor up at AJ's now imposing figure.

AJ gripped the gun, his burning eyes never straying from the woman below him. He leveled the gun at her and took slow steps toward her.

The woman smiled as she stood, her eyes glinting at AJ, "You won't shoot. You're a good guy. You wouldn't stoop to my level, as the saying goes."

AJ's face remained cold and his stare unwavering as he stopped before the woman, "Right now I wouldn't put much stock in that little sayin'." AJ's voice cracked like fire in the now silent room.

AJ cocked the gun.

The woman's smile vanished.

Howie stared at his friend. He had made it to where AJ had dropped the knife, cutting his ropes and releasing his hands. Now Howie stood behind AJ, ignoring the swaying form of Cal, who barely managed to keep standing. He wasn't a threat any longer.

Howie reached and placed his hand on AJ's shoulder, "AJ... AJ, c'mon, what are you doing?"

AJ flexed his fingers around the gun, keeping his gaze on the woman as he answered, "I've had it, 'D. We barely made it out of this alive, all because of her. I almost lost you guys..." AJ's eyes flicked to Howie, "I don't know what would of happened to me if any of you didn't make it. I hate her," AJ fixed his eyes back to the woman, his finger tightening around the trigger, "I hate her. She doesn't deserve to live, not after what she's done to us."

Howie was about to protest when a hoarse voice cut him off.

"Don't."

AJ's trigger finger relaxed slightly at the voice, his eyes switched to Nick, who stared up at him with a pleading expression, "Why not?"

"You don't want to do it, AJ. Trust me, you don't," Nick's pained eyes drifted to Jake's lifeless form. "If you do... You'll never forget it, AJ. She may be the worst person on this earth, but she does have life. Its hers and hers alone. You don't have the right to take it."

AJ's eyes softened at Nick's words, he uncocked the gun. He spoke to Nick, who was still staring at Jake's body, "Nick, you didn't take Jake's life. It just happened that way, you didn't have any control over it. It was you or him. It ended up being him."

Nick nodded, but his eyes stayed locked on Jake's form.

Howie moved to Kevin, stooping down with a wince to cut his ropes. Kevin sat up, his face twisted in pain. Howie quickly ripped the bottom of his shirt and tied the strip around Kevin's arm. He was relieved to see that the bullet went cleanly through the outer fleshy part of Kevin's upper arm. It wouldn't be too bad unless they didn't get to a doctor soon.

"Hey! Would one of ya's wanna cut me loose?!"

Howie smiled at Brian's frustrated tone, looking to see him still tied to the chair. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hold yer horses, Bri'."

Brian smirked, "How can I hold my horses when my hands are tied?"

Howie smiled, chuckling, "I'm comin', Bri'."

Brian felt his arms fall away from the back of the chair, he winced. He rubbed his left arm, trying to bring the feeling back. He stood from the chair and went to Nick, throwing his good arm over his shoulders, "We're all okay now, Frack. You hear? Its all over."

Nick just nodded.

AJ smiled at the contrite woman, he recocked the gun and motioned her with it to the chair. "You. Sit."

She walked over to the chair, but refused to sit. AJ grabbed her shoulder and forced her to sit. He looked to Howie, "Lets tie her up."

In a couple of minutes, the woman was tied hands and feet to the chair. They weren't about to let her escape. The woman was furious. Everything she had worked so hard on, ruined! Her eyes fell on Jake's form. She didn't know why, but she felt a sharp pang in her chest. She pushed it aside for now, staring hotly at AJ and Howie who stood before her. "You won't get away with this. What are you gonna do now? You're stuck out here. You don't know where you are, how are you gonna get help?" She laughed. "You don't know, do you? I've still won then. I won the game!"

AJ looked at Howie, they smiled and then said at the same time, "Gag her."

The woman's eyes widened in shock, "You will not!"

Howie tore another strip from his shirt, "Oh, yes we will." Then Howie stuffed the material into her mouth as she opened it to protest, tying it securely behind her head. Now all that could be heard were muffled mmmphs.

Kevin pushed himself up with his good arm, his eyes determined as he strode toward Cal's wavering form. He wanted answers and, by God, he was gonna get them. He grabbed a handful of Cal's shirt, shaking the man into reality. Cal's eyes widened when he saw Kevin's green gaze once again. He gasped and tried to get away. He was scared of Kevin.

Kevin smiled. Good. "All right, ...Cal? Is it?"

Cal vigorously nodded his head, not wanting to anger Kevin.

"Okay," continued Kevin, staring into the frightened man's eyes, "I want you to tell me where we are."

Cal looked confused, his eyes looking around the cabin.

Kevin rolled his eyes, "I know we're in a cabin, you dolt! Where in Alaska are we?"

The light went on in the dazed man's eyes, "A- A- Alas- Alaska?"

Kevin watched as he looked to the woman for permission. Kevin shook Cal, getting his attention, "You are talking to me! Remember?"

Cal nodded, eyes wide.

Kevin spoke slowly, as if the man needed slower words to understand, "Where... Are... We?!"

Cal looked at his boss and saw her shake her head, Cal remained silent. Kevin became angry, "You listen to me, Cal. I have spent Seven Days in hell and my family was almost ripped apart! I am this close to going over the edge. Are you going to push me over?" Kevin tightened his fist in Cal's shirt.

Cal stared into the deadly green eyes, a shiver shooting up his spine. To hell with the boss! She can't do anything and I want to live. "No! I'll tell you, okay?"

Kevin loosened his hold, smiling, "Good, now talk."

AJ watched in amusement as Kevin persuaded Cal to talk. He left the woman's side, ruffling her hair as he went past and earning a glare, to sit beside Howie on the couch. AJ clapped Howie on the knee, "Its over 'D!"

Howie winced, then smiled, "Finally!" He breathed, leaning his head back.

"Hey, you okay?" asked AJ, his face scrunching in concern, "That Jake guy really did a number on ya."

Howie shifted, grimacing and wrapping an arm around his middle, "I'm all right. I think I got a few cracked ribs, but other than that... I'm fine."

AJ's eyes were skeptical, "You sure?"

"Yeah, 'J. I'm okay."

AJ decided to leave it alone, even though he thought Howie was hiding something. He sank further into the old couch, letting his gaze wonder to Brian and Nick. AJ's brow furrowed. Brian's movements were drastic as he spoke to Nick. It was as if he were having trouble talking to Nick. Now that would be something big, Brian could always get through to Nick when he was in one of his funks. But... this was a bit different, considering.

Brian couldn't get through to Nick, he just kept quiet, staring at Jake's body. When Brian stepped in front of his view, Nick just kept staring at the spot he last saw Jake, occasionally bringing a hand up and rubbing his chest, wincing.

"Nick, c'mon man. Speak to me," pleaded Brian, "You gotta snap out of it, Frack!"

Nick still stared, mute. Brian decided to do something that he swore to never do, but... it was his last resort.

"Nick!" Brian shouted, slapping Nick hard in the face. Nick's head snapped around, but he turned back to Brian, blinking slowly.

AJ didn't believe what he just saw, he sprang up from the couch and ran to Brian. AJ grabbed Brian's arm, "What the hell did ya do that for?!"

"Nothin' else was working!" replied Brian, turning away from AJ and back at Nick. Nick was staring, but he was staring at Brian, shocked.

Nick brought a hand up to his stinging face, "You- you hit me!"

Brian smiled, "Well, it got you to talk to me, didn't it?"

The corners of Nick's mouth twitched, then spread in a smile, "Yeah, yeah it did. Thanks Bri', I needed that."

AJ stared from Brian to Nick and back again, "You're thankin' him for hitting you?"

Nick smiled and nodded. AJ shook his head, walking back to Howie. Brian turned serious when Nick returned his gaze to him.

"What was with that, Nick? You didn't even know I was here."

Nick glanced at Jake's form, wincing, "Could we please cover him up?"

"I don't know, Nick. We don't really have anything to cover him up with."

The sight of Jake's body, face up and staring blankly in a pool of blood... The image finally broke through to Nick's mind. "Bri'" Nick breathed, backing toward the wall, "Please, I can't stand it anymore... Cover it up!"

Brian stepped after Nick's retreating form, one hand out, "Hey, take it easy, Nick."

Nick eyes are now wide, staring into Brian's, "Cover it up! Cover it UP!" Nick covered his eyes with his hands, but he could still see him. His body, his blood, his unseeing eyes... "Brian, please! I can't stand it!"

"AJ!" yelled Brian over his shoulder while he closed the distance to where Nick now collapsed to the floor, "Go find somethin' to cover him up!"

AJ ran from the room, searching for something... anything. Brian kneeled down before Nick, who still had his eyes covered by his hands, rubbing them. Brian might get Jake covered up, but he knew it wouldn't help Nick. What Nick saw couldn't be covered up, it was in Nick's mind.

"Nick? ... C'mon, you gotta face it. That's the only way it'll go away, you gotta accept it."

Nick's reply was muffled by his hands, "How? How Brian? I killed him. He's dead because of me!"

Brian couldn't believe Nick was reacting like this. Sure, Jake was dead. Nick knew it was self-defense. So, why was he so torn up about it. Nick hated Jake... Unless... Brian reached out and pulled Nick's hands away, "Who's dead because of you, Nick?"

Nick looked at Brian blankly, about to answer when he realized he was confused. Who? Nick thought it was Jake... but Jake?Nick's eyes fell on Jake's form once again. Suddenly, images filled his vision. Not of Jake lying in a pool of blood, but... Mick. It was Mick he saw, lifeless and staring. Nick's eyes caught Brian's, "Mick," he whispered. It was so soft that Brian had to ask him to repeat it.

"Mick."

"Mick," repeated Brian, that's what he thought, but it still shocked him, "Nick, you aren't responsible for Mick's death!! How can you think that?"

"If he hadn't of had to help me, he would still be alive," stated Nick, looking down.

Brian took a deep breath, "Nick, why were you in that situation in the first place?" Brian didn't wait for an answer, "That woman," he indicated the woman tied to the chair, "brought us here. You wouldn't of needed help if it weren't for her. So... who's fault is it?... Hers! Not you!!"

Nick was taken aback by Brian's outburst. Brian didn't raise his voice like that unless it was serious, "But-"

"No buts, Nick!" Brian held Nick's unsure gaze, "Its NOT your fault! Nick, I wouldn't lie to you. Not about somethin' like this."

Nick stared up into Brian's confident face, wanting to believe. "I- I'll try, Brian. I just ... can't believe he died for us like that."

"Yeah, I know," sighed Brian, relieved to atleast of gotten through to Nick on some level, "He did it for us, Nick, and I think he would want us to accept that. He wouldn't want us or you tearing ourselves up over it. We've gotta move on, he'd understand."

Nick nodded. Just then AJ came rushing into the room with an old, torn blanket. He quickly draped it over Jake's body, closing it off from view. He glanced at the sleeping Howie and then made his way over to Brian and Nick. He looked at Brian, "He okay?"

"I'm fine, AJ," answered Nick, he hated it when they talked like he wasn't there. "And thanks." Nick nodded to the blanket.

"Oh, yeah. Sure. No problem, kid," AJ shrugged off, "I guess we should see what Kevin's decided to do."

Kevin had just finished tying Cal up, having gotten all the information he needed. He now knew where they were. Kevin smiled. Cal had even been as generous as to supply the phone numbers to the closest police station and hospital... with a little persuasion. Hell, he was ready to show Kevin how to work the cell phone and even do the work of dialing and giving himself up. Cal said he was willing to give the whole story to the cops, he wanted as light a sentence as possible. What he would say would condemn the woman to a lifetime sentence, Kevin was sure.

As Kevin turned to go talk to the others, he couldn't believe how close help was. There was a small city no more than 5 miles away. It also made sense. The woman had to have somewhere close to get her supplies and stuff. Kevin approached AJ, Nick, and Brian. Then he saw Howie on the couch, sleeping. He decided to let him sleep.

"Okay," Kevin began, "I got the phone numbers of the cops and the hospital. We just gotta call them and we're set." Kevin paused, "Um... Where's the cell?"

Thankfully, Brian spoke up, "Its in the backpack."

"Okay," nodded Kevin, then he paused again, "Uh... Where's the backpack?"

Again Brian spoke up, "We left it outside. Jeez, Kev. I thought you were supposed to be the organized one!"

Kevin smiled sheepishly, "Yeah, well... I had other things on my mind at the moment."

"Yeah, okay," Brian laughed, "I'll go get the pack!"

Five minutes later, Brian returned. He had a big grin on his face.

"What are you smilin' at Bri'?" asked AJ.

"Oh, nothin'," Brian smiled even wider. "Here," he called, tossing AJ the backpack, "Why don't you get the cell phone for Kev."

AJ caught the pack, "Jeez, a little bit lazy now. Are we, B-rok?"

Brian just walked away, the smile threatening to widen further.

AJ gave his retreating back a weird look, then unzipped the backpack and opened it wide to look inside for the cell phone. AJ's mouth fell open and he dropped the pack. Then he realized what he just did and quickly dropped to his knees beside the backpack, watching in disbelief as Squeaker stumbled out. Squeaker waited until the room stopped spinning before glaring up at AJ. Nice to see you, too. he thought.

"Squeaker?!" AJ gasped, shocked. Then AJ looked at Brian, who was grinning his head off. "You knew!"

Brian just nodded, afraid if he opened his mouth that he'd bust out laughing. AJ didn't really care, he looked back at Squeaker. "Squeaker!" he cried, scooping the little runt up and giving him a hug. Squeaker just gave a strained squeak, as the hug was a little bit tight. AJ released the poor thing and set him up on his shoulder, a silly grin on his face. AJ couldn't be happier at the moment.

Kevin just shook his head while Nick actually laughed, his eyes dancing. Kevin held his hand out, "AJ... the cell?"

"Oh, yeah!" AJ reached in the pack and pulled out he cell, tossing it to Kevin. Kevin caught it, still shaking his head, a smile tugging at his lips. It was nice to be acting somewhat normal again.

Kevin dialed up the police first, taking a deep breath, "Hello?... Yeah, this is Kevin Richardson and ... well... I need the police... .... ..."


~/~/~/~/~()~~~~~


Kevin ended the call. He never knew that cops could be so stubborn. He'd spent the last half hour trying to convince them that this was for real and then another half hour explaining what happened. He had half a mind to chuck the cell phone across the room, but caught himself. They still had to call the hospital, even though the cops would, too. Kevin wanted to make sure they got help, soon. He dialed the number.

AJ sat down next to Howie, seeing him still asleep. Squeaker still sat on his shoulder, happy to be back with his friend. AJ was a little curious as to why Howie was sleeping. He decided to wake him, after all, the cops would be here soon.

"Howie!" AJ shook his shoulder. Howie didn't answer. Worry showed on AJ' s face, "Howie? ... Howie! 'D! ... C'mon man, wake up!"

AJ's frantic eyes snapped to Nick and Brian. "He ain't asleep! He's passed out!"

Nick and Brian quickly joined him by Howie's side, AJ continued to try and wake Howie up, "Howie Dorough! If you don't wake up soon you're gonna get one serious ass whoopin' for lying to me!... Wake up!"

Finally, Howie groaned. Then his eyes fluttered. Slowly, he came back to reality. He squinted up at AJ, "'J?"

"Yeah, 'D. Now, wanna tell me why you passed out?" AJ's face was cross, he was seriously ticked at Howie for lying to him.

"I- I'm not sure," replied Howie, confused. "I remember moving to help you find somethin' to cover Jake up... then, nothing. I do remember a sharp pain in my side, though." Howie stopped, wincing, "It's still there."

"Is it bad?" asked Nick, concerned.

"No, not now," assured Howie, "It was before though, I think there's somethin' more than cracked ribs."

AJ narrowed his eyes, "You think?"

Howie looked at AJ, confused, "What's with you?"

"What with me?" asked AJ, "I'll tell you what's with me, you lied, Howie. You said you were fine and you obviously aren't fine. You. Lied."

"AJ, I'm sorry," apologized Howie, "I really didn't think there was anything else, I wasn't sure. I didn't want you to worry if it was nothing."

"It still ain't cool, 'D. You tell me the truth when it considers your health, especially when we're out here!"

"I'm sorry," whispered Howie as another pain hit, he groaned.

"'D?!" cried AJ, "You okay?"

After a few seconds, Howie answered, "Its gone now, the pain. It came back, but its gone again."

"There's somethin' wrong, Howie," said AJ, "But the cops and medics are comin'. They'll be here soon, don't worry."



~/~/~/~/~()~~~~~



One hour later, the sound of a helicopter and the blair of sirens was heard. The small cabin was now surrounded by cops, medics, police SUVs, two ambulances, and the one helicopter. The cops burst into the cabin and took Cal and the woman into custody. Cal was silent, but the woman didn't leave without some words.

She struggled with the police dragging her out, "You haven't see the last of me, Backstreet Boys! Trust me! I will be back!"

The 'Boys were relieved when she was out of sight. Now the medics swarmed around them, poking and prodding and asking a lot of confusing questions. Questions the 'Boys answered the best they could.

"No, that doesn't hurt."

"Ow! Yeah, that hurts!"

"A couple days ago."

"I don't know what kind of bear it was!"

"A fist did that, you idiot!"

"Ow! Did I not just tell you that that hurts!?!"

"Ouch! Damn it! Get the hell away from me!"

Needless to say, the boys were not having fun. The medics finally came to some conclusions and sequestered the boys to the hospital. Squeaker came along for the ride, too. Even with protest from the medics, but after AJ threatened them with bodily harm... They allowed the rodent to come along.



///////At the hospital\\\



Brian and AJ sat in the waiting room, their injuries were less severe and were treated quickly. Brian received stitches to the cuts on his arm and thigh, his arm now braced in a professional sling. AJ sat next to him, a bandage on his cheek covering the scratches and his ribs professionally wrapped. Each of them have received medication for pain, their injuries now made blissfully unaware to them.

They waited for the word that they could see the rest of their group. They knew that they were okay, just needed more treatment. Kevin had to have his arm cleaned and stitched closed, he was also getting a blood transfusion for loss of blood. Kevin also had bruised knuckles. Hmmm... don't know where that came from. Nick was getting his clawed shoulder cleaned out and stitched up and was receiving a blood transfusion, too. One surprise though, was a large second degree burn in the middle of Nick's chest. It was evidently caused by the discharge of the handgun, it being so close when it went off. Howie was being treated for several broken ribs and a slight concussion. Howie also had some internal bruising caused by his broken ribs. Thus, the reason for his passing out.

All of this required a stay at the hospital. They didn't mind that. They were back in the civilized world, and it never felt so good. Even if it was a hospital.

"Mr. Littrell? Mr. McLean?" asked a gentle faced man in white.

Brian and AJ rose, "Yeah, that's us." Acknowledged Brian.

"How are our friends?" asked AJ quickly.

The doctor smiled, "They're just fine. I came to tell you that you can visit them now. They will have to stay here for a few days, though. Even then, I'd advise you all to take it easy for a few weeks."

"Are they all together?" asked Brian.

"Yes," replied the doctor, "We have been informed of the ordeal you young men went through and decided to fit all three of your friends in the largest room we had available. We thought you'd like to stay together."

"Yes, thank you... doctor?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," the doctor smiled, "Jacobs, Dr. Jacobs."

"Okay," Brian returned the smile, shaking the man's hand, "Thank you, Dr. Jacobs."

"You're welcome. Would you like to see your friends now?"

"Yes," answered AJ.



~/~/~/~/~()~~~~~



Brian and AJ walked into the hospital room to the sweetest sound.

"Kevin!" whined Nick, "Why can't you get them to hook an N64 up to the TV?! I'm bored out of my mind and starved for video games!"

"Nick," came Kevin's stern voice, "I am not gonna ask the hospital to get you an N64! You'll just hafta find somethin' else to do!"

Nick looked around the stark white room, turning wide innocent eyes back to Kevin, "Like what?"

"I don't know! Watch TV," suggested Kevin, exasperated. He clicked the TV on and then threw Nick the controller.

"I don't care what you do!" cried a sleepy Howie, "Just shut-up for five minutes so I can go to sleep!"

Brian and AJ burst out laughing. They walked the rest of the way into the room, still laughing. Brian sat in the chair beside Nick, "Man, its good to be back!"

Nick smiled and switched the TV channel, ending up on a news station. All eyes fell on the screen as a familiar story was told by a reporter...

...ackstreet Boys have been found! They were evidently held captive by an insane woman with unknown reasons. She and her remaining cohort have been jailed and are expected to be dealt long-term sentences without parole. The Backstreet Boys have been reported to be in good health with the exception of some minor injuries and are being currently hospitalized. Their release is expected in a few days and we hope to receive a statement from the famous music group about this horrible ordeal. We will have more on this developing story as new information comes in. Please, stay tuned for further updates...

Nick shut the TV off and looked at Kevin, "Any other suggestions?"

Kevin looked sheepish, "Read a book?"

They all laughed at the expression on Nick's face. "Kidding, kidding." Kevin smiled.

Brian spoke after he was able to stop laughing, "Guys, I've been thinkin'..."

"Don't hurt yerself, Frick," teased Nick. He couldn't help it, it was an easy dig.

Brian just rolled his eyes, "Funny. Anyways, as I was sayin' before I was so rudely interrupted." Brian shot Nick a look. Nick just grinned, Brian shook his head and continued, "I've been thinkin', the doctor said we should take it easy for a few weeks after we get out of here. Plus, we were startin' in on the new album when this whole thing started. And, well..."

"Yeah," said AJ, "and your point would be?"

"Well, I think we should go somewhere by ourselves and work on some songs for the album. Plus, we could talk about what we went through," Brian paused, looking at his friends, "You know we have some things that we still need to work out."

Kevin nodded his head, "Yeah, I agree Brian, but... we just got back to the civilized world. You want us to leave it so soon?"

"Well, I was thinkin' of the Bahamas," Brian suggested with a smile.

"Bahamas!" exclaimed AJ, "Oh, I'm for that!"

Kevin smiled, "Well, AJ likes it and I wouldn't mind it. What about the rest of you?"

"I could live with that," Howie supplied, "It'd be nice to be by ourselves like that without worrying whether we'd live or die in the next day."

Kevin nodded, "Nick?"

Nick had a wistful look on his face, "The ocean," he murmured, "Oh, how I miss the ocean."

"Oh-kay," Kevin smiled, "I think that would be a 'for it'. Well, Brian, looks like we're headin' to the Bahamas!"