- Text Size +
The Backstreet Boys were now in New York, promoting their 100 hour tour. Nick sat in the hotel room he shared with Brian, watching the news while he waited for the others to get ready to go and make their appearance on the Early Show and perform live.

"Hey, Nick!" called Brian from out in the hall, "C'mere a second!"

"All right!" Nick sighed, pushing himself up from the floor in front of the TV, "I'm comin'!"

Nick left the room, the TV still on. He missed the following bulletin being read...

...This just in... The woman who had abducted the famous pop group, the Backstreet Boys, has escaped! She was sentenced for life in prison without parole. Her name was never uncovered and remains a mystery. The police have begun an all out manhunt for the woman and hope to catch her before she puts much distance from the L.A. prison. The specifics to how she escaped are still unknown. We'll have more information as it becomes available to us in this ongoing story. The Backstreet Boys are currently in New York promoting their new album and are unavailable to contact. Please, stay tuned for further updates... In other news, a man was...

"Hurry up, Nick!" shouted AJ, "We gotta go!"

"Yeah, yeah!" replied Nick, walking back into his room, "I just gotta shut the TV off. Jeez, I was the one waiting for you guys!"

Nick shut the TV off and then exited the room, locking the door.

"Yeah, whatever, Nick-ay!" smiled AJ, "C'mon, lets go!"



///////OnTheEarlyShow\\\



"And now, ladies and gentlemen, here are the Backstreet Boys!"

*screams and all that great stuff*

"Thank you!" Kevin spoke into the microphone, "We appreciate your support and hope you'll like our new album!"

*more screams*

Brian spoke, "The song we are about to sing is off the new album. We wrote it ourselves and we hope you enjoy it!"

*more screams*

Nick stepped forward, "We dedicate this song to our lost friend, Mick. This one's for you buddy! We know you're watchin' and listenin' from up there, we hope you like it!"

*the classic "awww" sounds from the audience*

"And now, without further adieu..." taunted AJ.

Howie shook his head, "Just tell them to start playin' the song, Bone!"

*audience giggles*

AJ smiled, "Oh, okay! Play the song!"

Howie rolled his eyes as the first notes played.



You see me sitting here
The smile upon my face
The time has come, but you know that it's not too late
There's been too many things, together we have seen
Its not that hard if we start to believe

And we're not gonna take anymore
Can we try to erase all the pain
So please...

Show me a reason
Give me a sign
Tell me the way we fall out of line
Is it today or is it tonight
We'll find...

The answer to our life

This world is not at ease
We seem to hide the truth
Thinkin' there's only so much we can really do
It's up to you and me
To face our destiny
The jury's here so lets take the stand

And we're not gonna take anymore
Can we try to erase all the pain
So please...

Show me a reason
Give me a sign
Tell me the way we fall out of line
Is it today or is it tonight
We'll find...

The answer to our life

So tell me why we have to cry(And I try)
When there's so many things we can do
To help this troubled
World start anew...

I need a reason
I need a sign
There's no turnin' back
I'm here by your side
Is it today or maybe tonight...
We'll find...

The answer to our life

Show me the way
Give me a sign
Tell me the way we fall out of line
Is it today(Is it today) Is it tonight

The answer to our life

Show the way(Show me the way)
Give me a sign(Give me a sign)
Tell me the way we fall out of line(We fall out of line)
Is it today(Is it today) or is it tonight(Is it tonight)
We will find...

The answer to our life
(Oh, yeah...)

Show me a reason
Give me a sign
Tell me the way we fall out of line(Don't fall out of line)
Is it today or is it tonight
(Oh, yeah...)
We'll find...

The Answer To Our Life



*deafening screams*



///////BackInTheEarlyStudio\\\



"That was great, guys. Now, tell me. What do you miss most when you are away from home like this?" Mark asked.

"Well, I'd have to say family," replied Kevin. Nick, Brian, and Howie nodded in agreement.

"I miss my squirrel," stated AJ seriously.

Mark looked taken aback, "Ummm... squirrel?"

"Yep! He's a really cute little bugger!"

Mark stared for a second, then shook out of it and continued with the interview... A few questions later it was time to wrap it up.

"Okay, one last question. How would you describe your friendship right now?" asked Mark.

The guys all froze, then looked at each other, finding it hard to extract the right words. AJ motioned that he had it under control.

AJ looked at Mark, his eyes serious, "I can sincerely say, that we are the tightest that we have ever been." ***

The ... end?