- Text Size +
2

Early the next morning, Howie's alarm went off at 6:30. He went to go hit at it, press snooze for just a few more hours, but stopped when he heard AJ laughing at him, "Dude it's the phone, not your clock" AJ reached over and picked up the phone, "Yello?" He rolled his eyes, "Yeah yeah Rok we're up" He then slammed it back on the carol.

"Brian's wake up call", he said as he stood up and started bouncing on Howie's bed.

"What... are you Nick now?"

"Ew, don't say that"

"Then stop jumping on me and I won't"

"You are SO not fun D" AJ jumped back over to his bed and plopped down.

Howie sat up and yawned, trying to wipe the sleep out of his eyes. He hated when Kevin was away, even if it was only for a few days, because that left him in charge. A position he didn't feel very comfortable in. "Better go shower if you plan on it, because today is my hair day"

"Oh, then let me go pee" AJ got up and ran to the bathroom. On Howie's hair days, he was known to be in the shower for a small eternity. Which is kind of what he planned on doing this morning. He grabbed his towel, his change of clothes, but stopped when he realized he never called to see if Nick was actually awake. True he was rooming with Brian, but that seldom meant that Brian would actually wake his young friend up. That job also fell to Kevin. Poor guy. He picked up the phone and rang Nicky's room.

"Pizza Hut how may I help you" Nick snickered after he said it and let out a snort. Howie couldn't help but smile, "Good you're awake. I was just making sure"

"Wide awake, now when is breakfast coming? I'm starving"

"Order some, AJ will be down to your room in a few"

"What about you? Don't think just because Kev left you in charge, you get to sleep in"

"Today is my hair day" That brought about another round of giggles. 17 year olds could be so silly sometimes.

"Oh, then I guess we'll see you by dinner time"

"Just get dressed, I'll see ya later"

"Later Gater" By the time, he was off the phone with Nick, AJ was out of the bathroom, "I told the guys you would meet them in their room"

"Okay"

With a wink and a smile, he walked into the bathroom and did his thing.
~*~*~*~
By the time he met up with the rest of the guys, it was almost 8. "Wow I really do take a long time" He said to himself before using his spare key to let himself into Brian and Nick's room. When he arrived, he shook his head at the site before him. Clothes strewn everywhere, an empty room service tray with nothing but a half eaten english muffin on it was sitting on one of the beds and the three boys were sitting on the floor, playing a game of Basketball on Nick's Play Station. Of course, Nick wasn't even dressed, his hair still sticking up in an uncombed mess. He was glad Kevin wasn't there because he would have blown a fuse.

"Guys?"

"D! It's about time" AJ snickered.

"Nice hair"

"Thanks Nicky, don't you think you should go get dressed? I mean don't we have a thing at 9?"

"It was canceled" Brian jammed Nick in the elbow trying to get the kid to mess up.

"Canceled?"

"Yeah, Tony just called and said something came up so they canceled and we get the day off" Brian and Nick high fived each other and AJ took that as an opportunity to push both of their controllers out of their hands.

"Hey! Play nice" They all looked back at Howie and laughed.

"Oh and thanks for leaving me some breakfast" He went and grabbed the half eaten english muffin and held it to the boys who really were too preoccupied with their game to care.

Just then the phone rang, so Howie took it upon himself to answer, "Hello?"

"Hi D, it's Kevin"

"Hey Kev, how are you doing?"

"Pretty good, Just calling to make sure you guys remember you have that thing at Jive"

"It was canceled"

"It was?"

"Yeah, they called and canceled, so we have the day off"

"Figures that would happen when I'm not there. How's things going?" The other three were making so much noise, Howie could barely hear what Kevin was saying.

"Everything's good"

"How did the meeting with Fink go?" Howie kicked AJ in the side and motioned for them to be quiet.

"It went well. He is an ass but other then that, it's all good"

"Cool, well I should be back by tomorrow oh and by the way, have you seen the Inquisitor today?"

"I usually don't read it why?"

"According to that magazine, Nick is dead" Howie laughed, he probably would have actually panicked about it if he didn't see the kid sitting right in front of him, that's how he was, a worrier. "Dead?"

"Yup, according to their sources, it says that he jumped from a high rise building last night" Kevin laughed, "They even have a picture of him standing on a ledge. It actually looks like Jive"

That made Howie's blood run cold, "What was he wearing?" He found himself asking in a whisper that made Kevin curious, "Why? I mean Nick IS there with you right now right? I could swear I just heard him laughing"

"Yeah he is, I was just curious"

"A blue tee shirt and black pants" Howie almost dropped the phone, remembering the guy he had briefly encountered at Jive yesterday.

"Howie, is everything alright?"

"Uh...yeah"

"Okay well, I'm gonna go. I'll see you tomorrow. Tell the guys I said to behave" Kevin laughed but Howie couldn't bring himself to do much more then think.

When he hung up the phone with Kevin, He had the sudden urge to run down to the hotel's gift shop and pick up a copy of the magazine, "Hey AJ..feel like taking a walk with me?"