- Text Size +
*sorry I took so long to update. I suck!! But you still love me...right? lol*

31

All you could see was a jumble of arms and legs as Brian and Johnnie rolled on top of each other. Kevin managed to grab one of Grimes legs and pull him to the ground before he could help Johnnie thwart his cousin’s attempts. The impact from his head hitting the floor temporarily knocked him out.

An extra weight on Kevin’s back made him realize that there was someone else on top of him now, pulling at his hair and trying to lift him off the ground.

“Get off of me!” Kevin screamed but the guy didn’t move. He figured out it must have been the guy who had come in earlier and talked to him. The one who supposedly new his every move.

Kevin managed to move his arm around to make contact with the guy’s jaw which caused a groan, quickly his grip loosened enabling Kevin to roll over and push the guy off of him. Giving him a swift kick in the head as he got up.

Before fully standing up, he looked over at Brian to see that now he was sitting on top of Johnnie and despite all that was going on he actually laughed at the site.

“Get your ass off of me Brian!” Johnnie hissed from under Brian’s weight.

Grimes after being attacked by Kevin just laid motionless on the ground afraid to move and meet the same fate as the other guy Kevin had clocked.

“I have a lot of questions for you”, Kevin said walking over and grabbing Johnnie’s hair much the same way that had been done to him.

“Let go of me Kevin! I can explain everything, you are blowing this out of proportion!”

Brian looked at Kevin unbelieving what he just heard. “Excuse me?” Brian said bouncing down harder on Johnnie’s back.

“I know you probably are wondering what the hell is going on but it’s really nothing”

Kevin let go of Johnnie’s hair which made his head fall and hit the ground. “Bullshit it’s nothing!”

Kevin helped his cousin up and did a quick check on him, “you okay?” Brian nodded.

“Where are the other guys? Did you kidnap them too asshole?” Kevin asked wanting to go over and kick Johnnie once more for fun.

The three men just remained quietly lying on the floor.

“Answer me Wright! Are the others okay?”

He said nothing but the rustling of Grimes and the other guy he had taken down made him realize the answers he wanted would have to wait until later, right now he had to get his cousin out of there and find the others and try to clear his name.

They both walked over to the door, very happy that it opened without much of a fuss. “Give me the key” Brian said walking over to the third guy.

“Kevin you are making a mistake. Let us explain, don’t leave” Johnnie said slowly getting himself up off of the floor.

“Go to hell” Kevin responded wanted to spit at him, “Give him the key!” He said walking towards the guy he had walloped before. The guy reached into his pocket and flung the key at Brian who happily bent over to pick it up.

The two cousins made their way out of the door and closed it right as Johnnie started to dash towards them. “Quick lock it before they get out!” Brian said pushing against the door with all his might.

“You are making things worse for yourselves!” Johnnie yelled as he continued to push the door hoping to win the battle with Brian. Kevin frantically tried to fit the key in the hole to lock the door and keep it shut.

Finally with one final push against the door, Kevin was able to do just that.

“Don’t worry Johnnie the police will be here to let you out in no time” they left the door to a muffled chorus of curses.

“I didn’t know you had it in you Kev” Brian said looking at his cousin in a new light.

“I do when I’m pissed and right now I am pissed as pissed can be!”

“Let’s get out of here” Brian said taking the lead and trying to find his way out.


~*~*~*~*~*~
Nick didn’t say much after his mother yelled at him. Butterflies may their way into his stomach though as he couldn’t help but feel like she was up to no good.

He loved his mom to death but all of his short life this far, she had proved to make one critical mistake after another. She was tired of living in poverty and had seen her kids as a quick way to make money not realizing how talented they were. At first Nick was happy to help, doing what he truly loved doing, but that’s when his relationship with his mom changed. She went from caring about him to caring about his assets.

He knew the change would occur when she started to insist on having a say in what the Boys were doing. The other guys were often mad at her, and even though they would never tell him that to his face, it made him awkward when they sat in on meetings where his mother suddenly became demanding.

The car stopped in front of a very familiar site which made Nick cringe even more. She walked over and opened the door for him.

“Mom why are we here?” He asked her as she gently pulled him out of the car and fixed his shirt, “Nick Carter, is it possible for you to just keep your clothes on straight even for a few minutes?” She said as she lovingly fixed his shirt and ran her fingers through his hair. “You are a mess”

“What are we doing here?” He asked again as they approached the big building.

“Business meeting” She answered opening the door and ushering him in.

The building was stuffy again, you could tell the air conditioning was still not working properly. “Are the others coming? Is it about AJ and Kevin?”

She didn’t answer but smiled at the receptionist as they walked towards the desk, “We have an appointment with Mr. Fink” She said placing her hand on her son’s back and patting it gently.

“He’s been expecting you go on up”

“Thanks” She said and then started walking towards the elevators.

Nick not feeling right about this had just wanted to make a run for the front doors but stopped himself because he was too afraid that his mother would actually try to stop him. He had dreams sometimes once his fame slowly began to escalate, about his mother actually killing him and taking his money. Stupid dreams he always thought…until now. Now seeing the look of determination on her face made him nervous and fearful. What if good old mom finally went over the edge?

He got in the elevator deciding to leave it up to fate.


~*~*~*~*~*
Howie and AJ sat down next to each other sharing a bag of Doritos and a Coke. They hadn’t eaten very much since this whole ordeal had started and now that the adrenaline started to wane the hunger and the tiredness set in.

AJ extended the bag to his friend as he took a sip of Coke, “Thanks” AJ nodded.

They decided to take a little break while Jessica and Matt formulated a plan to get them out of the mess they were in and in the process try to find and rescue Kevin and now Brian.

They thought that Brian would have been at the police station but when Matt called saying he was a reporter for a local paper, he was a bit surprised to find that Brian had left in the care of his lawyer. That’s when they knew he was also in trouble.

“I wonder what is going on with the others” AJ said looking down at his brand new ten dollar Keds that Matt had bought him at a Payless they passed on route to where they were currently hiding.

“I don’t know but I’m worried about them” Ever since seeing the picture that was in that envelope, he couldn’t look AJ in the face. He wouldn’t be able to look any of them in the face.

“We are in a whole heap of trouble aren’t we D?”

“Yeah I do believe so AJ” Howie said looking around at the people roam aimlessly and carefree on the street.

“Maybe we can go and get a job at Disney after all this. You think they are hiring?” Howie laughed, “Yeah they’d really want a drug addict working for them”

“Wow are careers are really over huh?” Now AJ’s tone was somber causing Howie to wrap an arm around him, “I don’t know J”

“At least we know Kevin isn’t an arsonist murderer” AJ said trying to find any light at all in the situation.

There was a long pause and some crunches of chips before AJ continued, “Who is doing this to us Howie? Who is behind all of this? I mean we know Grimes is dirty but he can’t be it can he?” That was the question that Howie had been dreading.

“I have to tell you something AJ” Howie grabbed the envelope from his pants where it was hidden and handed it over to AJ.

“That guy from the Inquisitor gave me this. It says a lot about what is going on I think”

AJ hesitated a minute before opening it. Howie looked away not wanting to see the reaction the picture would have on his friend.

As the picture came out of the envelope AJ’s eyes grew big and disbelieving, “Oh my God…” He whispered, “What is she doing?”

Howie didn’t need to answer because he knew that deep down inside AJ understood exactly what was going on in that picture. “I’m sorry J, I didn’t want to show you but I needed to”

AJ had tears forming on the corners of his eyes and he continued to stare at the picture. “Why?” He asked as Howie took it back and placed it in the envelope.

“I wish I knew”

Jessica and Matt came in about a minute later, “Come on boys we’re going to the Lion’s Den”

“Again? I was just there”

“No not that one. The real one!” She held out her hand and helped Howie up while Matt did the same for AJ.

“The real one? I don’t follow”

“Not the strip club silly, that is just a name. You have heard that saying haven’t you Howie?” He shook his head confused.

“Walking into a record company is just like walking into a big Lion’s Den, if you aren’t careful they will eat you alive! and we are going to talk to the den master himself…Mr. Fink!”


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Brian and Kevin felt like they were walking through a maze with no ending. Just as they would turn a corner and think that they had found an exit they would only find another hallway which led to nowhere. “Where the hell are we?” Brian asked as they turned yet another corner that led to nowhere.

“I have no idea but my guess is we are way down in the basement somewhere because it is cold as hell down here!”

“Why do you think Johnnie has gone through all of this trouble?”

“Brian I wish I knew”

They turned another corner but this time there was a set of steps. “Finally!” their hopes faded when the door was locked.

“You think they have a key back in the room?” Brian asked not really too excited to go back and find out.

“Probably but I don’t think it’s a good idea, I mean we are out numbered even though they are really a bunch of wusses”

“So what do we do now?”

“Keep looking, there’s gotta be another way out of here” Just as Kevin and Brian were about to turn another corner they heard someone coming down the steps. They moved around the corner and silently waited. The door opened and two men came out of it. Both Kevin and Brian decided to stay out of the way quietly as the two guys walked down the corridor. Luckily the weight of the door made it close very slowly so Brian was able to bolt and grab it before it actually shut completely.

They ascended the steps very quickly just in case the two guards had heard them leaving.

They climbed for about three flights before they saw a door. They opened it and the only thing there was an elevator. “Should we?” Brian asked a slightly out of breath Kevin.

“Why the hell not, I’m done with the steps for now”

They both walked over to the elevator and pressed the button. The elevator door binged open and the men went inside. The elevator only went as far as sub basement two so they pressed the button hoping they wouldn’t run into any more of their captors.

Once the doors opened they were once again faced with another series of mazes. “This is like the CIA or something, do people really go through all this trouble to come down here?” Kevin looked around at all the stacks of boxes they passed by, “I don’t really remember how I got down there in the first place what about you?”

“Me either. I think I was to afraid of being shot or something” Brian said side stepping around a pile of papers in a corner. “This looks like a big storage room or something”

“Oh my God…Brian come here” Kevin said picking up one of the folders lying on the ground.

“What is it?” Kevin opened the folder to reveal the contents; mounds of pictures of all five of them.

“What the hell is going on?”

“I wish I knew” Kevin glanced from picture to picture. Most of them were paparazzi style shots, the ones that they were unaware were being taken but a few were head shots. “How did they get their hands on these?” Kevin asked his cousin who had a very troubled look on his face, “I think I know how…look” He said pointing to a whole stack of boxes, so high they reached the ceiling. They all had the same logo on them, one the boys were very familiar with. “We are in the Jive building”