- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews....please continue to R & R!!!
The days turned into weeks and Kaylee still hasn’t told Nick about Justin coming to the house nor did she tell him that his own flesh and blood was behind it all, she knew it would just tear him completely apart, but she knew she had to tell him sooner or later before things get out of hand. Kaylee walked into the living room and saw Nick playing his XBOX 360 she went and sat next to him and put her head on his shoulder and sighed. He set down the controller and looked towards her.
 


“What is it?”

“We need to talk about something…and I am afraid it’s going to hurt you and I am afraid you are going to hate me for not telling you sooner.” She said.


“I don’t think I could ever hate you…you would have to do something pretty stupid for me to hate you.” He responded by giving her a kiss.


“But it’s not ME that hurt you….” Nick soon became confused.


“What do you mean it isn’t you that hurt me? Who is going to hurt me?”


“No…it’s what I am about to tell you that is going to hurt you, but it is someone very close to you.”

 

“Can you please just tell me already? You are just confusing me.” Kaylee let out a big sigh.
“Ok…again please don’t hate me. Well a couple of weeks ago remember when you went to the store to get some waffles and things?” Nick nodded his head ‘yes’,” Well right before you came over I had some visitors…but only one came to the door and the other stayed in the car I think he was hoping I wouldn’t notice him, but the man that came to the door was…it was Justin,” Nick looked surprised and mad all at the same time.


“He came here? Why did you tell me Kaylee? How in the hell did he find you…or us for that matter? And what did he want? What did you say?” he asked.

 


“Yes, he came here…and  I didn’t tell you because I can take care of it whether I am pregnant or not Nick…I know you love me and you want to protect me, but I know how to handle Justin I have done it before and I can do it again. And this is the part where its going to hurt you…your wonderful little brother Aaron was with Justin…how in the hell did Aaron get in contact with Justin and I want to know why he even called him! I told you Aaron didn’t like me Nick. And as for what he wanted? I couldn’t tell you because I told him to get the fuck out of our house and he then told me that wasn’t the last he will see of me…I know what he is capable of Nick and I seriously don’t know what to do. I am so sorry for not telling you about this sooner Nick,” she apologized.


“Apology accepted, but I don’t see why Aaron wouldn’t love you and why he doesn’t want me to be happy nothing makes sense to me. Sometimes I wonder what in the fuck is going on in that boys head.” He said,” But as for what to do next? I don’t have any clue…I really don’t want to move from this house I love it too much sometimes I hate the fact I am such a sucker for those beautiful ocean views, but maybe I can try and talk to Aaron ok?” Kaylee nodded her head in agreement. Just then the doorbell rang and they both looked at one another. Nick got up from the couch and walked to the door when he opened it he realized it was just Brian.

 

“We have nothing to worry about its just Brian Kaylee” she sighed in relief,” So what brings you here anyway? I thought I told you to call me when you found out that information,” he whispered.


“I just happened to be in the neighborhood and so I thought I would stop by…I tried calling you to let you know I was on my way over here, but you didn’t answer so I thought I’d come over anyway.” He said,” But we should go somewhere and talk privately about the you know what.”

“Hey Kaylee…Brian and I have some business to take care of so we’ll be in the den if you need us.” Nick and Brian walked into the den,” So did you look at it?” he asked.

 

“Yes I did….very beautiful Nick. I can’t believe you want to move out of this house Nick this was the first house you bought when we actually got some money and most importantly you got this house to get away from your family. Does Kaylee know you want to move?”“Nope…she doesn’t have a clue…she thinks I want to stay here forever cause of the ocean or at least that’s what I told her earlier today. Did you know my punk ass little brother called that asshole of a sperm donor and told him where we lived and I guess they showed up here a couple of weeks ago. Kaylee just told me right before you came…can you believe that? I am glad I am moving now.”


“Hmm…that seems a little odd to me to Nick, but I love the house Nick its just perfect, but why did you want me to look at it?”


“Well you have Baylee and you are a father and I figured you’d know something about what a good family home is…and I don’t want to live by the water especially if we have little kids running around I don’t want them to go running off and drown in the ocean.” He explained.

 

“I see, it looks like a wonderful family home to me…its defiantly big enough for all of you. But can I ask you a question though? Why her? You could have anyone in the entire world but you pick Kaylee.”


“She treated me completely different Brian for once in my life I wasn’t treated like some piece of meat. I was tired of girls wanting me for my money and shit and when Kaylee and I met for the first time…I knew she was just “the one” I guess I felt like this was MY time to settle down you know? I have wanted to for so long and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time I guess…or should I say I responded to the right email at the right time.”


“I understand now. I am glad you finally found someone Nick…it was about damn time…you have needed somebody for so long and I am glad Kaylee just popped up out of nowhere we all love her very much. But I just never thought I’d be a fan that’s all. So when are you going to purpose?” Nick went into the drawer and pulled out a little black box.


“I don’t know yet…but I promise you I am though I guess I just haven’t found that right time or place…knowing my luck its going to be in the delivery room while she is having the twins,” he chuckled,” But I think I am going to hold off and see how this whole Justin and Aaron thing turns out.”


“I am happy for you buddy. You’ll know when to purpose when the time is right its going to be when you least expect it. But I seriously would think about calling the realtor about that house before someone snags it from you.”  Brian stated,” Well I should be getting home Leighanne is probably wondering where I am. I was supposed to pick up some dinner and naturally I forgot so I will call you later ok? Let me know how that house goes? “Brian said as he opened the door from the den and walked out into the living room.


“Don’t worry I will…” Nick said as he followed right behind him and shutting the door to the den in the process. Brian let himself out and Nick went and sat back down on the couch next to Kaylee,


“So what did you talk about?”


“I am not telling you…it’s a surprise!”


“Nick, you know I don’t like surprises.”


“Believe me you’ll like this one.” He said kissing her. He wanted to make sure Kaylee would never forget the moment when she sees the house for the first time….he has a few more surprises up his sleeves that will just blow her away.