- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I kind of wanted to split this chapter up so the next part of the chapter will probably be coming tomorrow sometime so please enjoy this chapter and again PLEASE R & R!!
Kaylee came home the following day and was put on bed rest to at least her next appointment because they found she was already dilated at 32 weeks, so she is not allowed to do much of anything, but lie in bed and watch soap operas all day long.“This sucks,” she said.

“I am sorry Kaylee…I feel for you really I do even though it might not look like I do, but I truly do feel for you, but I wish I could stay here with you, but I have to go and take care of some things and then later on we are going out and it’s a surprise and I don’t care if you don’t like them you’ll just have to deal with it.” He gave the famous Carter grin and kissed her.

“Thanks Nicky...you planned this all out didn’t you? You wanted me to sit here on bed rest so now I have to wait and wonder what in the hell you are doing all day while I sit here and be a couch potato.”


“I honestly didn’t plan it out like this, but it seriously worked out in my favor that’s for sure, but I promise you’ll have fun tonight,” he kissed the top of her head.


“You promise?”

“Yes, I promise…I love you and I’ll see you in a few hours”
“Ok Nicky, I love you too.” Nick soon walked out the door.

 

Nick got into his SUV and went to his newly purchased house on the other side of town away from the ocean this was a big step for Nick he had always lived by the beach. As he drove up he saw Brian’s car in the drive way with Leighanne and Baylee as well. He parked his car and got out.


“Where’s Kaylee? I thought you were going to surprise her with the house today?” Brian asked.

“I am! But I want to set up the nursery and things before…that way she’ll be even more surprised when she sees the house. I have it all planned out in my head don’t worry.”


“Nick, I never knew you were this sweet…Kaylee is certainly going to love you as if she didn’t love you already, but what I want to know is when are you going to purpose?” Nick looked at Brian,” You didn’t already do it did you?” Leighanne looked at Brian.
“No, I haven’t done it yet…I haven’t decided when I wanted to do it yet….but I can tell you I DO have the ring…and no you cannot see it.”


“But you can show Brian?” Nick nodded his head,” And why can’t I see it?” she whined.


“Because, if you have already seen it before I give it to her you two have nothing to stare at.”

“True” she agreed,” But still I would have liked to have seen it since Brian got to.” Everybody walked up the stairs and Nick unlocked the door.


“It seems so empty in here…why didn’t you buy it furnished?”


“I wanted Kaylee to be able to make this house her own so she can design and style it anyway she wants but I wanted to do the nursery as a surprise though, but I am thinking a safari room…I almost thought about an ocean room, but I think that’ll be too cliché for me…it would be totally something I’d think of so I thought out of the box.”


“Wow, you have this all planned out so why did you need us here then?”


“Well you guys get to help me. I have a whole bunch of stuff to get done before tonight…I think AJ & Howie will be here later, but for right now I just have you guys. But right now we’ll go down to Home Depot and pick out the paint and things and after that I am sending Leighanne out to do some shopping! Only because we have not bought anything and these little guys will be here before we all know it…sound good?” they both nodded their heads,” Ok, good lets go then,”


“Gee Nick, I didn’t know you could be so pushy, but we should probably get going so we can get this stuff done,”

===========

 

Kaylee sat at home bored and with nothing to do. She hated being on bed rest where was the fun in it?


“I wonder how long Nick was going to be? I am so bored I need to find something to get rid of my boredom I know I can bake!! I am sure we still have some cakes and brownies and things to bake. I don’t think I ate them all already.” Kaylee said as she went downstairs and rummaged through the cupboards and finally found something to bake. Kaylee took out all the ingredients and she heard the doorbell ring and waddled herself over to the door and opened it and saw AJ.
“Hey J what are you doing here? Nick isn’t here he said he had to go and take care of a few things and then I guess we are going out tonight or something,”


“I know…I am here to take you to lunch! Nick doesn’t know so don’t tell him, but I think you need to get out of the house for awhile,” AJ said.


“Thanks AJ!” she exclaimed giving him a big hug in the process,” I have been so bored since Nick left this morning all I have been watching is the damn soap channel and there is just nothing on there to watch! Hey, how did you know we were going out tonight? Are you guys all in on it or something?” AJ nodded his head ‘yes’,” Damn, this sucks even more…do you know when Nick is going to be back?”


“Nope, not a clue sorry Kaylee, but we should go to lunch before I have to meet up with Nick,” Kaylee went into the kitchen and quickly cleaned up her mess.


“Hold on J…let me go and put on some different clothes.” Kaylee quickly waddled up the stairs and got into something comfortable, but not too comfortable and put on her shoes and met AJ downstairs. Kaylee was even more curious now than she was this morning when Nick told her that there was a surprise she had always hated surprises,”This better be one good surprise if everyone seems to know about it, but me I can only imagine what Nick has up those sleeves of his I don’t know whether to think it’s a good thing or a bad thing I never seem to know with him.” she thought as she drove off with AJ.