- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks for the feedback :D I am glad you are loving the story this chapter is kind of long so I hope you all enjoy it and PLEASE R & R!!

While Nick went back to his house to get Kaylee Brian, Leighanne, AJ and Howie stayed at the house to finish up the last minute touches on the nursery before Kaylee arrived.“You know…I am glad we decided to change the theme to jungle I didn’t realize how hard it was to find things safari, but I think this is a much better choice in the long run,” Leighanne stated.


“Yeah, but jungle seems to boyish to me though,” AJ said
“This is the only substitute I could find that was closest to safari and Nick said he absolutely did not want an ocean theme which strikes me as odd since he loves the ocean, but whatever floats his boat I guess.” Leighanne responded.

“Does it really matter?” Brian said,” I mean they are just babies…they can’t see no more than 12 inches in front of them…they will just be sleeping in here its not like they will be playing with toys any time soon, but I am sure once they get older and develop their own styles they will get their own rooms. So how about we just finish the room before Kaylee gets here.”

Nick arrived at his house and found Kaylee sleeping. He crept up to her and kissed the top of her head. She opened her eyes and smiled.

“Hey, I was wondering when you were going to come back. I have been waiting forever for you to come home…after AJ dropped me off I guess I got sleepy.”


“What are you talking about? AJ was here when?”


“Opps…I wasn’t supposed to let you know that he took me out to lunch today.” She confessed.


“I’ll kick his ass later for it…anyway hurry up and get dressed! We need to go to your wonderful surprise.”


“What is so special about this surprise Nicky? It’s all you have been talking about for the past couple of days,” she questioned him as she walked to the closet and got out some jeans and a layered tank and quickly put them on while slipping on her flip flops at the same time.


“Now if I told you it wouldn’t be a surprise.”


“So, you know I don’t like them.”


“I know that is exactly why I did it.” He devilishly smiled.
“You are lucky I love you because if you had been Justin you wouldn’t like me too much…believe me I am not huge on surprises…he tried to throw me a surprise birthday party one time and lets just say the poor guy couldn’t sit for a week!”


“Well, I guess I am lucky then,” he said kissing her,” But I will defiantly keep that whole surprise birthday party in mind…I would like to have more kids someday,” Kaylee looked at him with a confused look and then smiled.

 

“Oh really Mr. Carter wants more kids? Isn’t two enough?”


“Nope, I come from a big family so I would like a big family too…but I think I can be a better parent than my own. What you don’t want anymore?”


“I didn’t say that now did I? I am just kind of surprised that you’d want such a big family that’s all…I love kids so I wouldn’t mind having one either, but how big are we talking Nick? I don’t want to have like 16 kids here.”


“I think 4 is a good number, but if more happens than I am ok with that but I promise there will be nothing over 6,”
“Well that’s good to know I guess? Now I am dressed so can we please get going? I would like to know what in the world my surprise is.” Nick and Kaylee started to walk out to the car when suddenly Kaylee stopped dead in her tracks and put her hand on her stomach.

“Kaylee, are you ok?”

“I think so…I think I am just having one of those Braxton hick things that the doctors were talking about…that’s all nothing to worry about Nicky I am fine,” she lied of course she didn’t want Nick to know it had been a ‘real’ contraction she wanted to know what her surprise was unless the contractions got worse of course.


“You aren’t lying to me are you? Because if the twins are coming we need to go to the hospital Kaylee…screw the surprise hell I’d even tell you it, but I need to know what is going on here,” Nick demanded Kaylee sighed,” Kaylee?”
“I honestly think I am ok Nick…if they get any worse or become closer together I will make sure to let you know ok? So can we please just go.” She whined.


“You better Kaylee…I don’t want to be delivering the twins on the side of the road…I am not exactly a doctor and I wouldn’t know what to do…so please just let me know ahead of time,” Kaylee nodded and Nick started the car. Kaylee sat back and wondered if her contractions were going to get worse she didn’t want to have the twins now they were going to be too early almost 2 months to be exact she didn’t know if she could handle them being in the NICU for such a long period of time she may have been tired of being pregnant but she wanted her kids to be healthy too,” How are you doing now? Are they any closer?” she didn’t answer Nick she was too concentrated on the pain to really care on what he was asking her.
”No, this can’t be happening now…you little guys gotta stay in there just a little while longer you guys are too early,” she thought in her head,”But why do I have the feeling you guys are tired of being in there?” she thought again.


“Kaylee? Hello earth to Kaylee? Are you ok do we need to go to the hospital? You are starting to scare me please just answer me,” Nick pleaded.
“I think we should go to the hospital Nicky…I don’t think the twins want to stay in their home any longer…I think they are ready to come out today…I wish they stay in a little longer,”


“Its going to be ok Kaylee I promise the twins will be healthy you have to trust me on this…let me call everyone since they are all together at the moment and I will let them know they need to meet us at the hospital,” Nick took out his cell phone and dialed Brian’s number.


Back at the house Brian heard his phone ringing and he saw that it was Nick.
“Hey, where are you guys? We have been waiting forever…what? Are you playing with us Nicky? You aren’t? Ok…we’ll head over there right now thanks for the information,” Brian hung up the phone and he noticed everyone was looking at him funny,” Ok, change of plans people…the twins have decided to make this a little more difficult…it seems that they want to come a little early. Nick and Kaylee are on their way to the hospital as we speak and so we are all going to pile up into the cars and head over to the hospital and hope that it was all just a false alarm…and I guess Kaylee is really worried because the twins are going to be born 2 months early so we have to give her all the support in the world,” Brian explained. Everyone piled into Brian’s SUV and drove down to the hospital.


When they arrived they walked into the room where Kaylee was staying and they saw her hooked up to all the machines.
“So what is going on are you having the babies today? Or are they going to send you home?” Leighanne asked.


“The doctor said that I will more than likely be having them today, I guess bed rest didn’t stop the dilation from happening like they had hoped, but the doctor reassured me everything was going to be ok and they might be in the hospital for a couple of months or so, but we wont know anything until they are born,” Kaylee responded.


“Where is Nick? I don’t see him around,”


“He stepped out a minute…he is having a hard time dealing with this…he is worried about the twins just as much as I am, but we just have to pray everything goes ok and there is no complications other than their lungs being underdeveloped and being in the NICU for a while. But I am glad you are here though, but please go and find Nick for me Brian I don’t want him to miss anything,” Brian nodded his head and walked out the door on a hunt for Nick.


Brian walked out of the room and soon found Nick not to far away from the room.


“Hey why are you out here? Shouldn’t you be in there with Kaylee?”


“I can’t stand to see her like that Brian she is in so much pain and just the thought of the twins being so preemie it sucks man,”


“I know Nicky, but no one could have prevented this…they come when they want to come everything is going to be ok Nick everything always works out for a reason ok…maybe the twins thought they needed to come right now so go back in there with Kaylee she needs you.” Nick got up from his chair and gave Brian a hug.
“Kaylee and I have been meaning to ask you, but we just haven’t gotten the chance too…will you and Leigh be the godparents of the twins?”


“We’d be honored! Now let’s go back in there Nick.” When they waked back into the room Kaylee was being wheeled out.


“Where is she going?” Nick asked in a panic.


“The OR….she needs to have an emergency c-section the twins are going into a small fetal heart rate distress and we need to get them out now…are you the father?”
“Yes, yes I am,”


“Ok…come with me sir…we need to get you in a gown and booties on and you’ll need to was your hands very good we need this to be a very sterile place.”
“We’ll be in the waiting room Nick…please let us know what is going on as soon as it happens Nick…please don’t forget!” Brian hollered down the hall.


Hours have passed and they are still waiting on word from Nick.
“Why hasn’t he called yet? It only takes 10 minutes to deliver the babies by c-section I hope nothing went wrong.” Brian said aloud and just then he saw Nick walking down the hall,” I thought I told you to call? Is everything ok? How are the twins? “


“Sorry…I kind of fainted in the middle of the whole thing and the nurses said I hit my head pretty hard I guess, but I got to see them and they had a little trouble  breathing at first, but they are doing fine now…and they are very healthy the nurse said,”

“Kaylee never told me what you guys were planning on naming them…and how much did they weigh?” Leighanne asked.


“Well we finally decided on Emily and Ethan just the other day and Emily only weighed 2lbs 9oz and Ethan was 3lbs 5oz and they both were 16inches long…but we can go see them very soon.”


“How is Kaylee?” AJ popped in.


“She is doing very good…she lost a lot of blood, but is doing wonderful she is in the recovery room and we’ll be able to see her soon.” Nick wasn’t expecting to have all these emotions running through his head and he just started to cry he couldn’t believe he just had twins. Brian got up and pulled Nick into a hug.


“It only gets better from here Nick…just think you’ll be able to bring them home soon enough time flies by really fast and before you know it the twins will be coming home and you guys can start being parents to two beautiful children.”
“I know Brian its just weird…me Nick Carter is a father that’s all, but I cant wait until we can hold them, but thanks for being here guys I couldn’t have done this without you here.”


“Your welcome little buddy we wouldn’t have missed this for the world by the way did you bring the ring?” AJ asked.
“I sure did, but I am going to ask her a little later though, but it will get done and just to think I was going to be asking her right about now too, but that’s ok something important kind of popped up.” The nurse who was taking care of the twins came walking down the hall.

” You can see them now…but unfortunately only through the viewing window we’ll hold them up so you can see them, but they are still very weak but follow me and you can see them.” Everyone followed the nurse to the viewing window and another nurse was there waiting for them. Nick put a smile on his face…seeing his kids for the first time was so amazing and yet they were so tiny and still fighting for their lives, but he knew everything was going to be ok he was now going to be a father to two children and a husband to the perfect woman he couldn’t have asked for anything better.