- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It took me long enough to bust out another chapter! I had a little bit of a writers block and I dont know if i am cured all the way but I want to give a big thank you to Teri for helping me out with the writers block it may not all be in this one chapter but she did help me out with some of the ideas in upcoming chapters :) Anyway please READ & REVIEW :)
The last few days have been rough for Kaylee she hasn’t been able to see her children yet the doctors wont let her until she is stable herself, since delivering the twins by c-section she had lost a significant amount of blood and was having complications so her doctor advised her she couldn’t see her kids, but pictures of course were provided by Nick. Kaylee couldn’t believe how tiny her kids were it broke her heart knowing that they were fighting for their lives up in the NICU and she couldn’t be there to hold their hands and tell her kids everything was going to be ok, but she has been reassured numerous times that her kids are healthy as a horse for being as small as they are.Nick had came back from seeing the twins and brought along more pictures for Kaylee.


“Hey baby how are you today? I came by a little earlier, but you were sleeping and I didn’t want to wake you,” he said kissing the top of her head.
“I am fine….the doctor told me if I am stable enough I get to go home and I get to see the twins. How are they doing? How are they eating? Have they gained any weight yet?” Kaylee bombarded Nick with questions.


“I hope you get to come home soon I am tired of sleeping on this uncomfortable bed…I want my bed. But to answer your questions the twins are doing wonderful! I brought you more pictures,” Nick handed the pictures to Kaylee as she looked at them a tear rolled down her cheek she wanted to touch them so bad,” Baby, don’t cry you’ll get to see them really soon I know you will. The pediatrician said they might get to come home early because they are doing so well up there, but they have to be at least 5lbs or more before than can happen. One of the nurses let me feed Ethan this morning and I didn’t realize that he can eat…he is an oinker,” Nick lightly chuckled.
“You got to hold them? I thought we couldn’t?”


“Ethan is big enough now…but Emily is still kind of on the small size so we have to wait a little while longer, but its an amazing feeling Kaylee…I cannot wait until we can experience this both together as a family,” Nick pulled up a chair and sat down next to the bed,” Kaylee, I have been meaning to talk to you about this, but I haven’t exactly had the right time and nor has it been the right place to do so, but I think this is just the most perfect timing in the world,”
“What is it Nick?” Nick got up from his chair and went over to the little boom box that was sitting in the room and he popped a CD in,” Nick what are you doing?”


“Kaylee, in these past couple of months I would have never expected something like this to happen between us. To be honest I wondered if we were even going to make it at times, but we have made it this far and I think we can make it all the way. I have been searching for something like this to happen to me and I couldn’t believe it finally did…I have been asking myself why did all my other relationships fail and why couldn’t I find that special someone and the only answer I could come up with was because I hadn’t found you yet…you are the one true person who hasn’t cared that I am this big famous pop star and I have all the money in the world you could careless all you cared about was me and who cares that you are a fan, but you are a fan that actually cares about me, but the reason why I popped in a CD is because I was flipping through radio stations in the car the other day and all the sudden I stopped on this one song I don’t even know why I stopped to listen to it only because its really not my kind of music but it made me think of you and I really want you to listen to it,”

Our love is unconditional
We knew it from the start
I can see it in your eyes
You can feel it from my heart>from here on after
Lets stay the way we are right now
And share all the love and laughter
That a lifetime will allow


I cross my heart
And promise to
Give all Ive got to give
To make all your dreams come true
In all the world
Youll never find
A love as true as mine

You will always be the miracle
That makes my life complete
And as long as there’s still breath in me
Ill make yours just as sweet
As we look into the future
Its as far as we can see
So lets make each tomorrow
Be the best that it can be

I cross my heart
And promise to
Give all Ive got to give
To make all your dreams come true
In all the world
Youll never find
A love as true as mine

And if along the way we find a day
It starts to storm
You’ve got the promise of my love
To keep you warm



Nick walked over to Kaylee and kneeled by Kaylee’s bed and pulled out the little black box from his pocket,” I thought I Nick Carter would never have this chance to love someone as much I love you and I want to be the twins’ official father I want to be there for every ‘first’ I want to be here with you forever…Kaylee will you marry me?” Nick opened the box and Kaylee couldn’t believe it Nick was purposing to her.
“oh my gosh Nick yes of course,” Nick came up from the floor and kissed Kaylee as he slipped the ring onto her finger.

“I am so glad you said yes”


“Did you think I was going to say no?” Nick nodded his head ‘yes’,” Nick, I love you too much just to walk away from you and I know you are going to be an awesome father to the twins I couldn’t imagine being with anybody else.”  Nick hugged Kaylee their lives were finally becoming one they have two beautiful twins and now they are getting married.  

Chapter End Notes:
Song credit...."I Cross My Heart" By: George Strait