- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

YAY I updated! I am so proud of myself for doing so! Thanks for the reviews and keep them coming!! Again R &R!!!!

The next day it was finally time for Kaylee to be leaving the hospital, but she would be leaving without the twins they were going to be there for at least another couple of weeks or so. Kaylee and Nick walked hand in hand up to the NICU to see their babies this would be the first time Kaylee would be seeing the twins face to face.


“Nick, why am I so scared to see the twins face to face? I feel like I am going to barf!” Kaylee said.


“I don’t know babe….its probably just your nerves. You haven’t gotten to see the kids face to face yet and now you do it’ll be fine just wait until you get to hold Ethan it’s the most amazing feeling in the world,” Nick smiled. Kaylee shot a smile back. They got off the elevator and walked down the hall to the nursery Kaylee saw all the babies and couldn’t believe hers was here,” They are over here,” Nick dragged Kaylee over to a little corner and Kaylee saw the twins for the first time. Kaylee started to cry.


“Nick…they’re so perfect I can’t believe they are finally here. We don’t even have anything ready they came so early what are we going to do?”


“Don’t worry about it babe…we’ll have everything before they come home its going to be another couple of weeks so I think we’re fine,” Nick reassured Kaylee,”And not to mention I have a surprise for you on the way home…it’s the same surprise you were going to get just a couple of days ago, but these little guys decided to arrive.” A nurse walked up to them.


“So I take you are the wonderful Kaylee? Nick is always talking about you to the twins. He is such an awesome father,” the said.


“Oh really? I am being talked about huh? I hope he is telling them nothing but really good things I hope,” Kaylee smirked.


“Oh of course…would you like to hold Ethan? And Nick would you like to finally hold your daughter? She is finally at holding weight,” Nick beamed with joy as the nurse carefully handed Emily off to Nick. He couldn’t believe he was finally getting to hold her he had been waiting for so long to hold her. As Nick held Emily Kaylee took a hold of little Ethan she started to cry.


“Babe what’s wrong?”


“Its happy tears I promise Nick its just so amazing to finally hold them you know? It just feels so good I have been waiting for this day for so long you don’t even know.”

“Yeah, it’s all so surreal to me now. I never thought this day would come and just think in a couple of weeks they will be coming home and we can finally be a family.” Nick looked at Emily and then looked at Ethan and then finally looked at Kaylee who was looking at him.
“I never thought it would come to Nick. Unfortunately, we have to go visiting hours are almost over and the twins need some more rest the more they rest the sooner we get to bring them home.” Kaylee carefully set down the little infant in his bassinet and Nick did the same,” Hang in there my babies we’ll be back tomorrow morning and spend some time with you, but mommy and daddy have to go now we love you and we miss you already get better soon so we can bring you home,” Kaylee said to the twins as she kissed each one of them on the top of their head. Nick kissed his kids good-bye too. They both hated to leave them, but they knew they would be able to come home soon.

=========


Nick decided it was now or never to show Kaylee the nursery and not to mention the new house they were soon going to be living in. While Kaylee was in the hospital Nick had some interior decorators come in and furnish the house so it was done and out of the way before they officially moved in. Kaylee noticed they were going the opposite way from their house was.


“Nick where in the hell are we going? Our house is in the other direction.”
“Yeah, I know, but I thought we could take a detour.” He smiled.


“Uh Nick I don’t know if you are having one of your little blonde moments but our house is in the opposite direction Nick which means there is no detour…so where in the hell are you taking me?”


“You’ll find out just hold your horses,” They came around the corner to a big beautiful house and Nick stopped the car in front of it.


“Nick why did we stop here?”


“Because, what if I told you this was our new house where the twins can grow up?”


“Nick you didn’t? What about the house on the beach? You love the beach.”


“I sure did I went house hunting one day and I came across this one and I didn’t want to live on the beach with kids did you know they can drown in just an inch of water? After I read that I decided to move…we can go in if you want.”


“Nick I love you! This is the sweetest thing anybody has ever done. I can see you have been catching up on your reading I on the other hand have not been. I probably should start soon! But of course I want to see the house. Is this what you were going to show me the day the twins decided to make their arrival?” Nick nodded his head,” This would have been the best surprise ever! I can’t believe we have a house!! Well another house that is…when can we move in?”
“Whenever you want babe…” Nick unlocked the door to their new house and Kaylee walked in she couldn’t believe Nick had someone come in and decorate it all just to her liking,” We can move in tomorrow…I knew I was going to show you and I knew you were going to like it so I already put the house up for sale…it hasn’t sold yet, but we can bring whatever we have at the other house here so we can officially move in,” he said.


“Oh Nick, this is amazing! It’s going to take me a while to take it all in…what about the twins’ room? Where is that I want to see it.” Nick took a hold of Kaylee’s hand and walked her up the stairs and they took a left and Kaylee opened the door and couldn’t believe the theme he had chosen,” Jungle? I thought you would have gone for an ocean theme or something?”

“Eh…too cliché coming from me, but do you like it?”


“Its so awesome Nick I love the murals of all the animals on the walls and the bedding and the cribs…you thought of everything Nick I can’t believe you did this! I love you so much!” Kaylee wrapped her arms around Nick and gave him a big hug and a kiss.
“I love you too…Brian and the guys helped out a lot and Leighanne of course did all the shopping she knew what to buy and I didn’t I am so glad you like it I was so worried you wouldn’t.”


“Of course I like it! I cannot wait until the twins get to sleep in their own beds its going to be so nice when they can come home.” Kaylee and Nick sat in the nursery for a little while longer taking everything in knowing that pretty soon their little bundles of joy are going to be sleeping in their own rooms and in their own cribs, but most importantly they were going to be a family.