- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I thought I would get a chapter out befor Thanksgiving since I am going to be out of town and have no clue if I am going to be able to get anything out after today so Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and please dont forget to  R & R!!
In the past couple of weeks Kaylee and Nick finally moved into their new home and the twins were due to come home the next couple of days. Kaylee couldn’t be more excited her babies were finally coming home she put some more finishing touches on the nursery for the children. She saw Nick come walking into the room.“You are still working on this room? Didn’t I get it perfect enough?” he said coming up behind her and wrapping his arms around her.


“It is perfect but nothing was set up like the diapers weren’t in the little pails and neither were the wipes, and the clothes weren’t folded and washed, and not to mention the monitors weren’t even set up!”
“Well aren’t we a little particular?”


“Sorry, I have been like this forever….I can’t help it you can blame it on my parents,”
“You know I was thinking about your family the other day Kay. Did you ever call them to let them know about the twins? I mean its only fair right?” Kaylee sighed,” What’s wrong? You don’t want to tell them or something or are you just too afraid to?”


“Yeah, I am a chicken when it comes to shit like this. I hate telling my family anything because it always seems to get blown out of proportion and so to answer your question no I haven’t told them we haven’t gotten along since I left Nick, remember I just picked up and left? I didn’t even come back like I told them I would. I couldn’t stand going back there Nick they treated me like shit especially after they found out it was Justin’s child they almost completely disowned me so I just accepted the fact that they didn’t want anything to do with me or the twins,” Kaylee explained.
“Kay, you have to tell them that the twins are born. Those are their grandbabies just because you aren’t getting along right now doesn’t mean you won’t be getting along in the future. I think it’s only fair to them that they know and if they disown you again than they do it again and we move on from it, but please just tell me that you’ll at least think about it?” Kaylee rolled her eyes.


“Fine, I guess I can at least think about it does this mean I should tell Justin too?”
“You can if you want too after all those are his kids, but I wouldn’t recommend it doing it in person…just send him a letter with pictures of all of us together and a short note letting him know what he is missing out on.” Nick heard the phone ring.


“Hello? Oh hey Brian I didn’t recognize the number anyway so what’s up? Yeah, I guess me and Kaylee can come over for lunch we were going to visit the twins later so we’ll do that after lunch so we’ll be right over.” Nick hung up the phone,” Brian wants us to come over…I guess him and Leigh have some surprise or something rather and so I figure after lunch we’d go and see the kids and hopefully they have word if we can bring them home now,”
“I sure hope so Nicky…I am craving to be a mom already.”

Brian’s House……

Nick parked the car and him and Kaylee stepped out of the car and walked up to the door and before Nick could knock Brian opened the door.
“Are we the only ones that are going to know this ‘surprise’? Cause I figured you would have invited the other guys too.”


“They will know at a later time, but for some reason we feel like you two should know first other than our families of course,” Brian looked at Leighanne and then Leighanne looked back at Brian,” Well it looks like Baylee is going to either have a little sister or brother to play with…we just found out we’re expecting yesterday morning..” Brian beamed.


“Oh my gosh congratulations!!” Kaylee hugged Leighanne and then Brian,” How far along are you?”


“We’re not sure, but we’re thinking around 4 weeks or so, so not very far at all…but I’ll know tomorrow when I go and see my doctor.”


“This is so awesome you guys are having another baby…we just had babies…this day couldn’t get any better!”


“Would you guys like to come with us to see the twins after lunch? I am sure they’d like to see you too even if they don’t know you.”
“Sure, we’d love to”


Later on that day….


Nick, Kaylee, Brian, Leighanne and Baylee all gathered around the twins’ bassinets.


“They are just so tiny…when do you get to bring them home?”
“I don’t know let me ask,” Nick walked up to one of the nurses, ”Julie do you know when we get to take the kids home? It seems they have been making a great deal of progress”


“Hold on Mr. Carter I’ll go and check with the doctor.” The nurse walked away and Nick went back and sat down next to Kaylee who was rocking Ethan in the chair,” Mr. Carter? I believe the doctor has already written up the discharge papers for the twins…they can leave when ever you want them to.”
“Thank you so much.” Nick smiled and looked down at Ethan,” Did you hear that little man? We can take you and your sister home,”


“What are you guys waiting for? Why don’t we head back to your house Nick grab the car seats and swing back and pick them up? And then we can call AJ, Howie and Kev and maybe some family for a quick coming home party? How about it? It seems only right doesn’t it?”
“Sure, sounds good to me what about you babe sound good or do you think we should hold off on it for a few days?”


“I don’t see any harm in it as long as we arent too loud because they are just too tiny yet and they need their beauty rest.” With that settled everyone piled up in their separate cars and headed over to Nick’s house, they were finally going to be able to bring home their babies.