- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it has taken me so long to get another chapter out things kind of got a little hectic around here, but they are finally back to normal and I am going to be going in for surgery on Wedenesday so  I will be having plenty of time to catch up on some writing while I am on bed rest for a week!
The twins have now been home for an entire week Nick and Kaylee have had a lot of sleepless nights if one was sleeping the other was awake, they both often wondered if it was going to get any better. Kaylee came crawling into bed at 1am and saw Nick lying there fast asleep and snoring as usual, but he suddenly woke up when she came into bed.

“I am sorry babe…I didn’t mean to wake you…I just finally got both of the twins to sleep. Ethan just did not want to sleep for me I guess, but at least Emily did.”

“You didn’t wake me…I was just waiting for you to come to bed,”
“Nick…you were sleeping…you were snoring as you usually do”


“I was not” he protested.
“You were too…I will seriously tape record you one of these nights and you will hear for yourself,”


“You would seriously do that?”
“Yes, yes I would just to prove it to you.” Nick leaned in and couldn’t resist kissing her he just had to she was just too cute for words at that moment in time, and just then one of the twins start to cry. Kaylee turned to Nick,” its your turn…I am going to get some sleep…that is Ethan crying by the way and I hope he doesn’t decide to wake up Emily either.”


“You mean I don’t get any help?”
“I do it by myself all day long while you are starting to record the next album with the guys…you don’t see me complain do you? You now get to see what my life is like when they both are awake…that’s only if Emily decides to wake up and chances are she is cause of Ethan, but then again you could be lucky,” Nick growled as he got out of bed and put on his robe and his slippers and walked into the twins’ room and picked up little Ethan and sat in the rocking chair.


“What’s wrong little man? Are you feeling ok?” little Ethan looked up at Nick and started to cry some more,” Its ok Ethan…just let it all out…I know you might be scared in this room, but you have to let your mom and I sleep at some point. We need our sleep too just like you need yours little man,” As Nick sat in the rocking chair with Ethan he finally started to clam himself down, “There that wasn’t so bad you just wanted to cry a little bit there isn’t any harm in you crying, but you just have to let us sleep a little bit,” Nick looked down at the little infant and he gave Nick a big smile,” I wish  I had my camera to capture that smile that was the biggest one yet. We’ll have to show your mommy that big smile tomorrow, but for now how about we get you back to sleep.” Nick held Ethan close to his chest as he rocked back and forth after about ten minutes or so Nick realized that Ethan was finally fast asleep,” See I knew you were tired there little guy,” Nick slowly got up from the chair and laid Ethan back down in his crib and stood there for a while just looking at the kids staring intensely at them he couldn’t have imagined being a father a whole year ago, but now he wouldn’t have it any other way. Nick crept out of the room and slowly closed the doors just leaving it open just a crack and then walked back into the bedroom.


“How did you do that?”


“What do you mean?”


“It takes me hours to get him to go to sleep and you do it in ten minutes, again how in the hell did you do it?”


“Well he likes to be talked to it looks like and he likes to listen to my heartbeat I just put him on my chest and he went to sleep…”
“Maybe he just likes you better are you sure you HAVE to go to work tomorrow? Can you stay with me the kids?” she asked.


“I only have to go in for a little while tomorrow, but I will be home all afternoon and all night and I believe all day tomorrow. Do you have something planned?”
“No, I just want to talk and have some human contact….dont get me wrong being with the kids all day is the most wonderful thing in the world, but after awhile just talking baby talk all day I feel like I don’t know how to talk normally anymore you know? So pretty much all I want to do is just talk is that so much to ask?”


“No, you do a lot of stuff around here and I think you deserve some time to yourself tomorrow I’ll call the guys and them know that I am taking tomorrow off so you can go and do whatever you want and I’ll watch the kids all by myself and maybe go shopping with Leighanne and Kristen and just take a day to yourself and then the day after that we can spend some much needed quality time together ok? Does that sound like a plan?” Kaylee smiled at Nick and leaned in and kissed him.
“I knew there was a reason why I loved you so much,”


“Really? I thought you just loved me for my money,” Kaylee giggled a little and then kissed him again.
“You’re so silly…we should go to bed since both of the kids are asleep…I love you.”


“I love you too” Kaylee rolled over and went back to sleep, but Nick on the other hand had a hard time falling asleep he for some reason just wasn’t tired anymore he laid there thinking what things would be like if he didn’t have the twins or Kaylee in his life…he didn’t know what kinds of trouble he would be in if they weren’t around. He turned towards Kaylee and snuggled up against her and closed his eyes and before he knew it, he was fast asleep himself.