- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I am sorry it has been almost a year since anything has been added to this story...things got hectic once again ;) but that is what happens when i have two little ones keeping me on my toes :D here is another chapter i am going to try and start updating more often :)

Just as Nick had promised he stayed home with the twins so Kaylee could have a little R and R because every mother deserves a little time to herself. Kaylee had left early that morning to go out with the girls so it was just now Nick and the kids. At first Nick was a little scared to be with them by himself because frankly he never has but doesn’t every father feel a little scared when they are with their newborn babies for the first time? He certainly hoped so. Since the twins were napping once again he took the opportunity to tidy up a little bit do the laundry, clean the kitchen and he even vacuumed the living room. Nick was just getting ready to start on the bathrooms when his cell phone rang.

“Babe how many times are you going to call to check on me?” Nick asked.

“I don’t know?” she questioned herself,” I am sorry to call like a billion times, but I miss you and the babies is everything ok?”

“Yes, they are babe you don’t have to worry they are napping so I am cleaning the house.” There was a brief pause.

“Did I just hear you say you are cleaning the house? Maybe you should stay home more often!” she giggled a little.

“Give me all the shit you want go ahead it doesn’t bother me, but I am going to let you go now so I can clean the bathrooms before the kids wake up. Can you please stop calling every 15 minutes?   If there is an emergency I will make sure to call Brian.”

“Not funny Nick…but ok fine I will let you go.” Nick hung up his phone and headed upstairs with the cleaning supplies that he was going to need. Before he got started on the bathrooms he walked into the twins’ room and made sure they hadn’t moved from their spots in the middle of the cribs and sure enough they hadn’t they were perfect little angels just sleeping ever so perfectly he never wanted them to grow up.

…………..

Meanwhile at the mall Kaylee, Leighanne and Kristen are baby shopping.

“So you say Nick is cleaning? I wish Brian would do that while I am away.” Leighanne stated.

“That is what he says he is doing. It is just so amazing how they are with him yesterday night Ethan woke up crying and  I thought he was going to wake up Emily and Nick got up and went in there and Ethan was asleep within 10 minutes and it had taken me two hours to get him to go to sleep. I don’t know what it is but I like having that man around with them it is nice to have a little peace…was Baylee like that too?” she asked Leighanne.

“He was and he wasn’t. Baylee was a mama’s boy most defiantly he would go to sleep for me but if he woke up Brian would go in there and sing him to sleep it was the most precious thing ever, but I think it just depends because you are with them all the time since the boys are working on the new album and Nick isn’t at home as much so maybe when they feel that daddy is around they want to be near him and him comforting them is their way of saying we miss you. You get it?”

“Yeah, I guess that does make a lot of sense now. So speaking of babies are you hoping this one is a girl?” Leighanne nodded.

“Most defiantly! I have always wanted a girl…I thought Baylee was a girl at first and then when we got the news he was a boy I admit I was a little disappointed, but also overjoyed at the same time Brian couldn’t have been happier because it was a boy and he was going to be able to do all the “boy things” with him, like they probably are now” Leighanne chuckled,” But Brian and I are going to leave it as a surprise this time though we figured this might be the last one we have, we haven’t really discussed it, but we thought there are no greater surprises than the birth of your child.”

“So Kristen any kids in the future?”

“Yeah, we are just kind of taking it slow though Kevin and I are just waiting for the right time we want them really bad but when the time is right it will just happen we aren’t trying or anything but it if it happens than it happens.” Kristen paused for a moment,” Are you and Nick going to have anymore? I mean after all the twins aren’t really his or have you two not discussed this issue yet?”

“I think we both want more kids we just aren’t sure when. The twins’ delivery was hard enough with them coming so early  I think we are both afraid that it will happen again, but yes we have discussed it just don’t know when it will happen but before anything I know we are going to get married that’s for sure.”

“I think that it is just so awesome how Nick just jumped right into playing the role of daddy to someone else’s children you know? Don’t you ever worry about the father coming back into your lives?” Kristen asked.

“I think about it every time the phone rings, but I do know that I don’t want anything to do with that man and nor will I ever the kids don’t even need to know about him unless they ask later on in life but as far as they are concerned Nick IS their father and I will be dammed if anyone tries to stop that.”

“Good for you! I hope if he ever calls you give him a piece of your mind girl God knows he needs it”

…….

The twins’ are now up from their nap and Nick is now having a hard time balancing the feeding twins act.

“You know how in the hell does your mother do this? I can’t seem to get it right” he said a loud as he looked at Emily and Ethan,”Wait, I think I can solve this problem.” Nick took a handy burp cloth and inched it just underneath Emily’s chin and but the bottle on top of it so it will rest there while he fed Ethan,”Ok, that was a piece of cake.” But sure enough after Emily is done eating she is still hungry and starts crying,” Emily princess its ok there is no need to cry you want more? Are you still hungry?” Nick did the burp cloth thing for Ethan and then got up to get some more breast milk for Emily when Ethan started to wail,” Oh man this isn’t good. Now I see why Kaylee wants a  nanny part time!”

“Honey I am home! Nick where are you the kids are screaming?”

“In here…I just got done feeding them and Emily was still hungry so I went to go and get her another bottle and then as soon as I got in there Ethan got upset and he started crying and that is when you walked in. Everything has been good though.”

“Oh, well in that case…here you take Emily and I will take Ethan.” Kaylee lifted up her shirt and pulled down one part of her breastfeeding bra and picked up the little boy and lached him on,” There you go little man you must be hungry that hurts. Nick can you hand me the boppy please? This is getting a little hard to hold him like this.” Nick did as he was told and when he put it under Ethan Kaylee let out a relaxing sigh,” Much better thank you baby. So other than these two screaming did you get anymore of that wonderful cleaning done?”

“Why yes I did…the whole house is clean? You didn’t believe me did you?” he said as he picked up Emily.

“To be honest not really….”

“Gee thanks”

“Well..I have never seen you clean since we brought the twins home.”

“They have only been home for a week Kaylee and we have been working non stop on the new album remember?”

“Yes, I know Nick..it just gets lonely around here you know?”

“I can imagine that is why I will be hiring a part time nanny so you will be able to take some load off your feet…she will be around just long enough so you can have some time to yourself because I don’t want to be one of those celeb couples who have only nannies raising their children you know? “ Kaylee nodded her head.

“Look Nick they are both sleeping…should we put them down?”

“No, I think we should sit right here and just hold them…they are just too precious to put down now.” Nick moved onto the couch beside Kaylee and Ethan. Him and Kaylee shared a kiss before they both decided to doze off themselves.     

Chapter End Notes:
thanks for reading....please dont forget to review!!!!