- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
here is another chapter!!! Enjoy!!!

 

 

A day had passed and Kaylee had awoken without Nick next to her she got up and put her bathrobe on and then found herself in the twins’ room where there was Nick fast asleep in the rocking chair with Emily.

“Such a Kodak moment….” She whispered aloud and ran off to get the camera to take the shot she just couldn’t resist, but when she came back Nick was already awake,” Damn, you woke up! I was going to take a picture it was just too adorable to pass up.”

“I wasn’t really sleeping you know I was just resting my eyes.” Kaylee just nodded and smiled.

“Yeah, sure, anyway what time did she wake up? I didn’t hear her.”

“Maybe about a half hour or so ago I didn’t want to wake you. Plus you are going to need all the sleep you can get since we leave for Las Vegas tonight.”

“Is that tonight? I thought it was tomorrow” Kaylee joked.

“Shut up. Brian and Leighanne are coming around 5ish to get the kids and then we are on the plane by 8 and then in Vegas by midnight.”

“And…”

“And what?”

“Don’t play stupid are we getting married as soon as we get off the plane at midnight or the next day once I have had some much needed sleeping in time,” she said.

“I was hoping just to go and do it that way there wouldn’t be anyone following us I hope! But I could be wrong I just want a low profile that’s all I want to be able to surprise everyone when we get back you know? I just hope there aren’t a lot of photographers roaming the streets of Las Vegas at midnight.” Nick sighed,” I just want it to be special just me and you without all the hype of getting dressed up and flowers and picking a cake it’s our day.”

“I understand completely Nick, but you are a celebrity unfortunately you might not be able to get out of it there are always going to be someone watching you no matter what Nick you should know that by now.” Kaylee explained.

“You know there might just be way around it…what do you say we go and do a little disguise shopping? Be two completely different people getting on and off the plane and then when we get to a chapel boom we are who we are.”

“I love your schemes really I do, but do you honestly think this is going to work? I mean fans and paparazzi aren’t stupid you know they are quite smart.”

“Sure it will! We just have to find somewhere to get everything that’s all shouldn’t be too hard right? How about we go after the kids are awake.”

“Again, Nick you are forgetting something….the paparazzi! They are spies Nick they will see us if you want to do this you need to send someone else like AJ or something I don’t know but you and I cannot go!” Nick realized that Kaylee had been right in order for his plan to work he did need to send someone else in but who? Would AJ be willing to do that without asking a million and one questions? They would never suspect a thing if AJ were buying these things since he is always doing something different.

“I think you are onto something babe! Let me call AJ and see if he will do it.”

“Good, oh did you get a chance to call your lawyer? I know you said you were going too yesterday but I wasn’t sure if you had gotten a chance too or not.”

“Shit! I knew I had forgotten to do something I will after I am off the phone with AJ I promise.” Nick walked into his office and pulled out his cell phone and called AJ

“Hey man what’s up?”

“Can you do me and Kaylee a favor? I can’t tell you exactly what it is unfortunately, but could you swing by the house in a couple hours and I will be giving you a list of things to buy and the money , but the one thing you have to do is do not ask ANY questions and do not tell the others you got it?” Nick asked.

“Yeah, ok man it’s no problem but I am starting think I don’t even want to do what it is you are up too, but yeah I can be there.” Nick was thankful he knew AJ would do this for him.

“Thanks man I owe you one.”

“No problem see you soon.” Nick hung up his cell phone and then went into his contact list and dialed his lawyer’s number hoping that he was in the office.

“This is Michael Spencer how can I help you?”

“Hey Mike its Nick I need some advice and I am hoping you can help me out man.”

“Oh hey Nick yeah shoot I am not busy.” Nick walked over to his desk and pulled out the papers that Kaylee had been given just a day earlier.

“Well my soon to be wife has this ex who just served her some visitation papers for the twins’. This man wasn’t there for any of the pregnancy as a matter in fact when she told him he left town and was never heard from again. Well about a month ago she ran into him at the supermarket and I guess he had gotten mad because she didn’t tell him about the twins and what not and told her he had rights because those are this kids. Well long story short a month later here we are with this petition and now he wants full visitation rights for the twins but Kaylee doesn’t want him to have anything because he wasn’t there for anything and she didn’t request any child support money either. Is there anything we can do or are we screwed?”

“Well, I would have to take a look at the papers and do some more background work, but I think I can help you if that is what you are asking. Its been awhile since I have been in a custody battle, but if all he is asking for is visitation it shouldn’t be that hard you wouldn’t happen to know what she wants does she? Does she not want him to see them at all or only part of the time?”

“Not at all but if you cant do that its ok we will work something out but she just doesn’t want him to be able to take control over everything she doesn’t want him to have weekends alone with them or anything like that she might be happy with a visit here and there, but I know for a fact she doesn’t want him anywhere near the kids.” He explained some more.

“I will see what I can do Nick. I am not going to promise everything but why don’t you and your fiancé come by my office on Tuesday around noon and we will talk this out.”

“Ok, thanks again Mike.” Nick hung up the phone and walked out into the living room,” Well I AJ is going to be here in an hour or so and I just talked to my lawyer he is going to try and take all his rights away, but he isn’t promising anything and I need to know if you are ok with that? I know you don’t want him to see them at all, but we may not have a choice in the matter baby he might be able to take away some rights but not all it all depends after the appointment we have with him on Tuesday to go over more details surrounding the petition.”

“I hope he can do his magic, because I don’t like him! But if I have to live with it then I guess I may not have a choice in the matter.”

…….

Later on that evening Brian and Leighanne had picked up the twins and they were kid free for the next day and a half. Kaylee and Nick started packing for their weekend get away.

“So, are you ready to be mine forever?”

“Why yes I am,” Kaylee gently kissed Nick,” Nick, we should get going because the plane will be leaving without us if we don’t get there in time.”

“Wait, don’t forget our disguises we have to get them on now so we don’t get noticed.” Nick pulled out the bag of wigs and clothes,” Here this is yours,” he handed Kaylee a red long haired wig and some sun glasses and a beanie.

“This is going to disguise me? How is that possible they can still see my face.”

“Will you just trust me? They won’t know who you are. Especially if they see who with someone like me.” Nick pulled out this medium long haired wig that was brown a cowboy hat and a mustache,” You think they will notice the future Mr. and Mrs. Carter under this?” Nick laughed.  All Kaylee could do was bust out laughing uncontrollably.

“Too bad the guys aren’t here to see this. Maybe we should take some pictures?”

“There is no time for any of those Kaylee lets hurry up and get dressed and ready to go before we DO miss our plane.” The future Mr. and Mrs. Carter hurried up and got dressed and they were out the door by 6:30 and when they got out of their car it was like they were just average day people just traveling to Las Vegas like normal people. When they passed security and was cleared to go they boarded the plane like average people as well.

“I feel so normal I can’t remember what it had felt like to be normal,” she whispered to Nick.

“Me neither.” He replied.

…….

When Nick and Kaylee arrived in Las Vegas they hitched a cab and started driving around seeing what chapel they could find.

“Hey look there is an 24 hour chapel aren’t we in luck.” Nick said,” Driver pull into that 24 hour chapel,” the cab drive pulled into the parking lot,” Can you wait here?  Don’t worry about the money I can pay you,” the cab driver nodded and then parked in an empty space.

“Nick, this feels a little weird,” she giggled,” I mean we flew all the way out here to Vegas and its midnight and we are getting married right now am I the only one that feels a little weird?”

“I feel just fine yeah its out of the ordinary I agree but it just works I promise you can have the wedding of your dreams once the whole thing with Justin blows over ok?” Kaylee nodded in agreement and when they walked into the chapel they were greeted by an older woman.

“May I help you?”

“Yes, are there any openings to get married tonight?” the lady nodded,” We would like to get married now if possible and is there away we can get the marriage license as well? Cause we sorta forgot to do that before we came out here,”

“Yes, I believe you can get a temporary one for now but you will need to get an official one in the morning ok?”

“That’s fine…and also is there any way you can close this chapel for the ceremony? We don’t want anyone coming in…I can tip extra.” Nick said the older woman kind of gave a funny look at first but then agreed.  Nick and Kaylee filled out all the necessary paper work and then they were led into the changing rooms where they changed out of their disguise and they were themselves for the time being. Kaylee came out of the dressing room with a simple white dress and Nick came out in just a simple black tux with a stripped blue tie.

“Wow, you look so amazing baby I can’t wait to take that off of you in the hotel room,” Nick smirked Kaylee just giggled a little bit and then they walked back out into the lobby and the same older woman that had greeted them before was puzzled,” Don’t ask questions please? We just want to keep this as private as possible are you guys ready? Cause we are!”

“Yes, Mr. Carter we are ready.” The woman led them into the main part of the chapel where the ceremony was going to be officially held they both took at look at one another and couldn’t wait until they were finally Mr. and Mrs. Nickolas Gene Carter.