- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy!!!
  

The months feel like they are going by so slowly since they found out there was anther baby on the way. Nick is still having a hard time excepting that there was going to be a new bundle of joy in a just a few short months.  AJ and his new girlfriend of the week offered to take the twins so they could go to the court date that had finally been set for the visitation battle between Kaylee and Justin. When they arrived in the courthouse Kaylee saw Justin.

“You’re already knocked up? Jesus girl slow down a little bit,” Justin rudely said.

“Hey be careful there buddy that is MY pregnant wife you are talking too,” Nick angrily said back,” Now why don’t you just go and buzz off somewhere this is just adding more stress onto her than she needs.”

“Yeah, whatever” he quickly replied and walked off.

“I hate that man!!” Kaylee growled,” Why is he always ruining my life and why does he keep finding a way to annoy the shit out of me!! I hope he loses!”

“Kaylee calm down please? We are in the middle of the courthouse.”

“I don’t care really I don’t I am just sick of this Nick! I shouldn’t have to be here in the first place but since he thinks he can come and play daddy now I have to be here! I don’t like it and I never will like it Nick its stupid he is just pissed off because I didn’t tell him that the twins were born this is all that this is even about! It wasn’t MY fault that he wasn’t there for everything the journey and the birth!  It is all HIS fault!” Kaylee took a deep breath in and then let it out she knew she was getting over whelmed with everything that has been going on lately,” I am sorry for lashing out. I don’t remember doing this with the twins…I am so sorry Nick!” she apologized.

“Baby don’t apologize to me I understand what must be going through your head right about now and I know you are upset and it doesn’t help when your hormones are raging as well. Just promise you aren’t going to do this in front of the judge? It could jeopardize the petition just stay calm and let Mike do all the talking ok?” Kaylee nodded in agreement. Mike Stevens soon came walking down the hall.

“Ok guys we are up next now just let me do all the talking unless the judge speaks to you. I think we have a good chance at wining here, but I can only do so much,” he stated,” So follow me and we will get this thing done and over with.

Moments later they both entered into the courtroom Kaylee never thought this day would ever come. She was glad this was going to be settled for once and for all.

“Docket 1456 Kaylee Wilson Carter Vs. Justin Miller in the petition for visitation rights over Ethan and Emily Carter.”

“ Ok, this is only just a visitation hearing and not a custody hearing correct?”

“Yes your honor that is correct,” Mike said.

“Ok, and I understand Mr. Spencer that your client Kaylee just got married a couple of months ago to Nick Carter correct?”

“Yes, how is this relevant?”

“Well Mr. Lowe believes that you two just got married so they would have a better chance at winning the case.”

“They have the wrong idea your honor my clients were engaged well over 6 months before they got married and before that they were going out way before the twins were even born.”

“Ok Kaylee let me please hear your side of the story and I understand you are now pregnant now correct?

“Yes that is correct,” she replied.

“Your husbands I am assuming?”

“Yes.”

“So please tell me why we are here for your twins. I want to know why you are so against him seeing the babies.”

“Well your honor it all started about a year ago when I first I found out I was pregnant and at the time I didn’t even know it was twins. When I had told Justin he was ok and excited at first and the more I started talking about it he got scared and bailed out on me. I didn’t hear from him for days which turned into weeks and then soon it was months. I felt so alone bringing a baby into this world by myself. Then that is when I wrote my husbands band a letter and I wasn’t expecting to get anything back and when I did I felt so important and happy and then it just went on from there with email since he was out on the road. Finally, Nick brought me out with him and the rest is history from there.” She explained.

“So when you were out on the road was Justin able to contact you if he wanted too?”

“Yes of course I never changed my cell phone number just until recently when I married Nick and my email has always been the same and never changed. “

“Ok, so why didn’t you call Mr. Miller when the twins were born?”

“I didn’t feel the need to because he wasn’t there at all for the pregnancy he just skipped out on me. Nick took me in and when Justin left it was like I didn’t matter anymore and neither did our unborn child.  I was all alone with no one to turn to but Nick and I never even got an answer why he left and that just makes me so mad I sat there and waited for some type of phone call for the longest time, but I got nothing as usual.”

“That is understandable but he IS the father right?”

“Yes, he is the father of the twins there is no doubt about it your honor and if you need proof I can get it for you I will do whatever it takes for this to run smoothly as possible I don’t have them here with me though a friend is watching them.”

“Ok, well we now we will hear from Justin.”

“Well your honor I admit that I hadn’t contacted Kaylee after I found out she was pregnant with the twins. I didn’t know what to think I was going to be a father I was unemployed no job so how would I take care of her and the babies. I thought about calling all the time, but I just never acted on it. When I saw her and the twins 6 months ago I couldn’t believe how much they looked like me and her. I wanted to be apart of their lives when I saw them and I felt so bad that I wasn’t there for her and for them, but I want to do that now. I want to be able to be a father to my kids.” Justin said.

“I understand but you should have contacted her Justin are you currently working now?”

“Yes I am I am a security guard at the local mall here in town,”

“Are you going to be able to get weekends off if you are granted visitation?”

“Yes, I am”

“Well, I am going to take off this into consideration and we will meet back here at 9am on the 20th for the conclusion of this hearing thank you,”  Everyone walked out of the room and shook hands.

“I will see you two next week I hope we can win this,” Mike said and then walked off. Kaylee and Nick walked out of the courthouse and then out to the car.

“God, I hate that man! I just know he is going to grant him the visitation rights I just know it because he played the I am the victim card and got to play innocent and made me look like the bad guy!”

“Don’t worry babe …we will get through this ok? Please just don’t get too stressed over this ok? I don’t need you getting stressed.” Kaylee just rolled her eyes and Nick and continued to look out the window when they drove off. Deep down inside Kaylee has a soft spot for Justin only because of the kids but in her head she was fuming. She didn’t want that man anywhere near her and she doesn’t want to get close to him either even if she does lose the case. Justin hurt her so bad and is just afraid that he is going to do it again and not only will he be hurting her but he could hurt the twins and she wouldn’t want to pick up the pieces if that had happened.