- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you all enjoy!!! You get to find out the sex of the new little Carter arriving

 

The day was finally here the day that they were announcing the paternity results and the visitation hearing. Kaylee was nervous because she wasn’t sure what the outcome was going to be. She was hoping they would side with her and not let Justin have any visitation what so ever, and she was also nervous because she had a doctor’s appointment after this as well she was going to get to see what the sex of the baby was.

“Hello Nick and Kaylee Justin is already here and he looks extremely nervous about today. I think he was hoping that you were going to bring them or something he kept looking at the door. “

“I would have brought them, but I have a doctor appointment after this and those rooms are very tiny” she giggled.

“Oh ok.” They all walked towards the courtroom when Justin stopped Kaylee.

“Just to let you know whatever this outcome is you know you will regret this Kaylee you know I am their father and not this dude. You can’t hide that fact no matter what Kaylee I just wish you could see that,” Justin said.

“Dude, just get over it ok? I know I am not their biological father, but that doesn’t mean anything Justin. I  am their father maybe I guess a ‘step father’ but a father and that was something you became when she first found out she was pregnant but you left her and with no one and you cant make up for that no matter how hard you try Justin. But I think we might be able to compromise with something later on down the road, but I still don’t think you should have any rights either because you never went through it Justin you didn’t see how much pain you caused Kaylee I did…I was there for everything including the birth of those two babies and it was magical Justin and you missed that because you didn’t feel like playing daddy. Just being here now you think that you can just step in whenever you want and play daddy but it doesn’t work that way because they don’t know who you are and if you keep stressing her out you may never get a chance so I suggest you just shut your pie hole and leave her alone,” Nick said Kaylee and Mike couldn’t believe Nick had just said that to him right before they were going into the courthouse. Justin was so shocked he couldn’t even think of anything to say because it was all true Justin wasn’t there for anything. Everyone walked into the courtroom and took their places and waited for the judge to come out. Kaylee took a hold of Nick’s hand and they both sat down next to Mike.

“Docket 1456 Kaylee Wilson Carter vs Justin Miller is now in session please sit down.”

“Ok, lets just get this over with because from my understanding Kaylee here has a doctor appointment is that correct?”

“Yes sir.”

“Well I am first going to read the paternity results.” The guard handed the judge the piece of paper,” The father of the twins is indeed Justin’s so that brings us to the other part of the case the visitation results. I have thought long and hard about this and while both sides gave me good responses I think I am going to have to side with Mrs. Carter. I believe once you get a girl pregnant you follow through I am sorry Mr. Miller that is just how I feel I am a father myself and if someone did this to my daughter I wouldn’t be very happy with them so again I am sorry maybe you guys can work this out amongst yourselves but it is out of my hands now.” Kaylee felt relieved that Justin was not awarded visitation rights she looked over at him and just the look on his face made her heart drop she didn’t know if it was the pregnancy hormones talking or if she actually cared that she hurt him.

“Nick I think I really hurt him,” she whispered.

“It sure looks like it. Are you sure we couldn’t work something out Kay? I mean after all he IS their biological father maybe we can start out small visits and then work our way up I mean it’s the least we can do for the guy.” Kaylee knew Nick was right after everyone left the courtroom Kaylee tracked Justin down.

“Look, I don’t like you for what you did…and I probably never will and you might just have to get over that, but the twins’ are just equally yours as they are mine and Nick and I are willing to compromise and letting you come and visit. We will have some rules though not sure what they are and you are going to have to give me some time to figure them out but I will call you when I have them done deal?” Kaylee asked extending out her hand. Justin stood there for a few seconds and then shook her hand.

“Thank you so much Kaylee I really appreciate this more than you will ever know.” 

…..

Nick and Kaylee arrived at the doctor’s office a little late because of the traffic.  Kaylee was still a little nervous about the appointment because you never know what to expect.

“I am here for my appointment with Dr. Holdner I know I am a little late and I am sorry but traffic was just horrible out there today,”

“Don’t worry about it she has been expecting you.”

The nurse soon came out and they all went into a room and she took her blood pressure, temperature, and the unfortunate pee in a cup to check her sugar levels.

“Well everything looks ok the doctor will be in soon.”

“I was so worried my blood pressure was going to be through the roof because of all this court crap,” Kaylee said.

“Yeah I was a little worried too but I am glad that it is finally done and over with though, and that was really sweet of you to reconsider Justin. After I saw that look on your face when you saw how disappointed he was I knew you were going to cave in,” Nick smirked.

“No, you didn’t,” she laughed,” I couldn’t have been a total bitch and told him he was never going to see them again, but after that look I was even crushed for him, but that is ok. When we get home though we are going to set down some guild lines so when he does start to come and visit he knows what we expect from him because I don’t want the twins to get to know him as daddy and then boom he leaves you know?”

“I understand honey I really do, but let’s just focus on this baby for now,” they heard a knock at the door.

“Come in,” the doctor walked in with the portable ultrasound machine.

“How are you doing Kaylee? And I see you brought your husband with you this time. Well this time we are going to be doing an ultrasound obviously to take a peek at the little one and then the next appointment you will have will be the other ultrasound with the technician for a better look at the baby, but I just want to get a few measurements of my own real quick though. Did you wan to see the sex of the baby as well today?” She said.

“Ok that sounds good…and yes we would if possible,” she replied.

“Ok well why don’t you lay back and pull your pants down just a little and let’s get a look at that baby of yours.” Kaylee did as she was asked and the doctor put the cold jelly substance on her belly she was so excited to see what she was having this time she already has one of each so it was going to be fun to know.” Well here is the head…the spine…heart…” she stopped for a while and started taking some measurements,” this little guy is moving all over the place he or she just doesn’t want to stay put long enough for me to do anything…oh and look there is his or her hand…looks like she is sucking it…lets see if I can get a picture of that for you guys.” She pushed a button on her little keypad,” I hope I got that the baby decided to move again...ok now we are going to see if we can’t find out what you are having here.” The doctor started searching to see if she could find anything, “Well it’s a little hard to see on this screen but it looks like it is a boy…. I can see something in-between the baby’s legs, but it is uncertain since he keeps moving, but hold on lets see If I can get it at a different angle,” Kaylee was overjoyed another boy she was ecstatic she looked over at Nick who was just beaming with joy knowing that there was a little mini me on the way it was something he was defiantly hoping for,” Ok, I got a better view...it is defiantly a boy,” she pointed to the little penis with the arrow. All Kaylee could do was just smile. She then proceeded to do some more measurements and then she hit the print key on her keypad to print out some pictures for a baby book or a fridge posting which ever came first really, ”So I will see you in another month Kaylee.” The doctor walked out of the room. Kaylee sat up and saw Nick looking at the pictures of their son.

“You knew it was a boy didn’t you?”

“I had suspicions, but I didn’t want to say it was and then it wasn’t. I am so happy Kaylee another boy!!! I can’t wait…now we get to think of names I so can’t wait,” he excitedly said,” I cant wait to tell the guys they all thought it was going to be a girl haha but I won”

“You all betted to see whether or not it was going to be a girl or a boy,”

“Hey, it wasn’t my idea it was AJ’s but again I won because everyone said girl,” he smiled.

“You guys are horrible you know that?”

“Yeah, I know but you love me anyway.” Nick grinned and then kissed Kaylee. They were both so happy to have another one on the way but a boy makes its even better. They both couldn’t wait to start picking out names, nursery ideas and much more they also couldn’t wait to tell the twins’ the good news about having a baby brother on the way even though they don’t quite understand what is going on, but once he is here it will make all the difference in the world.

Chapter End Notes:
please let me know what you think  and leave a review :)