- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy!!!

 

Weeks had turned into months for the Carter family. Kaylee had let Justin come over to visit with the twins and the first visit went pretty good the twins welcomed Justin without any fuss, but then again new people to them are like Christmas presents every day they love being around people.

Today should be an exciting moment for Kaylee, but she is also sad. The twins were turning a year old. Her babies were no longer babies, but have turned into toddlers. They were now walking and talking little monsters that ruled the household and getting into messes were defiantly their specialty. Twins equal twice the mess and double the trouble, but to her and Nick it was worth every minute. While Kaylee went to the supermarket to pick up a few last minute things for their first birthday party Nick was in charge of getting the kids dresses, bathed ,and fed the party was supposed to begin in just  a little over an hour and none of that had been taking care of. Nick heard the door bell ring and when he opened it there was Brian, Leighanne, Baylee and the new addition to the Littrell family Cadence who was just a little over three months old.

“You guys are early,”

“Kaylee called and asked us if we could come and help you out she said the twins were being monster as usual or something rather didn’t quite catch it all, but here we are and how can I help?” Brian asked.

“They aren’t that bad today,” Nick suddenly heard a crash in their bedroom upstairs, “Ok, I take that back,” Nick and Brian raced upstairs to see what the twins have done and somehow they took out  their plastic drawers  that contained all of the diapers and baby wipes,” Ethan and Emily what do you think you two are doing?” they looked at Nick and smiled,” That isn’t going to get you out of trouble help me pick up these diapers please you know we don’t get into this stuff.” Brian, Nick and the twins put all the diapers and wipes back into the rightful drawers and put the drawers back into the container,” Its time to get you guys bathed and dressed.”

After Brian and Nick did bath and dress duty they went back downstairs and Kaylee was home getting things ready in the kitchen.

“So I heard the twins were a pain while I was gone,”

“No they weren’t they were no trouble at all,”

“Yeah, that’s not what Leighanne said they took all their diapers out again didn’t they?” Nick nodded,” They have been doing that a lot lately and its going to be twice as hard to get them to stay out of their when the baby arrives in a month you know that right,” Nick nodded again,” Ok just making sure you know that. Nick why don’t you go and get the grill ready outside while I get the hotdogs and stuff ready,”

“Yes, babe.”

Meanwhile all the guests were starting to arrive AJ, Howie, Kevin and Kristen and the rest of the Carter family showed the only person missing was Justin.  Kaylee had even sent him a text message earlier that morning reminding him that the party was today.  Kaylee took the hot dogs and hamburgers out to Nick.

“Do you think Justin will show?” Nick asked.

“I would hope so I mean he has done so well with the twins I just hope he is ok,” she responded.

“Are we starting to care about the ex?”

“Ok, I admit yes, but ONLY because of the twins”

“Well you should go back in there since everyone is arriving…I will give ya a holler when these are done.”

“Ok” Kaylee went back into the house and went into the living room where everyone was sitting.

“Isn’t it weird how they grow up just so fast? I mean some days it feels like you just had these two little guys and now they have graduated into toddlers its just so amazing,” Leighanne said.

“Oh, I know! I don’t ever want them to grow up they will always be my babies, but they have to grow up some time though.” Kaylee noticed Kristen give Kevin a little nudge.

“I need everyone’s attention…Kaylee do you think you can drag Nick in here for just a few seconds? We have something important to tell everyone,” Kaylee did as Kevin asked and brought Nick into the house,” Well we were going to wait until next week to tell everyone but Kristen thinks it’s the right time now so guys there is going to be a new addition to the backstreet family…we just found out last week that we are having a little one of our own!” Kevin announced.

“Oh my goodness congratulations guys!!!” Kaylee said and threw her arms around Kevin and then Kristen,” I am so happy you guys are having one the only ones who need to hurry it up are Howie and AJ,” Kaylee giggled.

“Hey now….that isn’t fair you know…we are trying as hard as we can its hard to find the right girls you know, but I am sure there will be more in the future,” AJ said. Kaylee heard a knock at the door.

“Nick you might want to go back to the grill hun…we don’t want burnt food” Kaylee told Nick as she went to the door and opened it and there was Justin,” I am so glad you are here I was getting worried there for a while that you weren’t going to be here,” she said giving him a hug.

“Sorry I was caught up at work, but I am here now did I miss anything?”

“Nope, not yet Nick is almost done with the food so just come on in and sit with everyone here in the living room,”

……

Later on everyone was done eating and it was now time for the cake. Kaylee had her camera ready to capture everything on tap. Nick came in with the two individual cakes that his mother had made for them along with the “number 1” candle on top. Nick handed the twins their cake and the round of happy birthday started and Kaylee couldn’t help herself a tear started to run down her cheek her babies were growing up so fast and there was another one that was due in just a month.  The twins were digging into their cakes like crazy with frosting everywhere in their hair, on their hands, face Kaylee couldn’t believe they were so messy.

“Its totally bath time again after this cake mess is done with you two,” she said,” I can’t believe you two are so messy!”

……

The party was finally over and the twins had their second bath of the day and were getting settled down and ready for bed.

“So have you thought about the nursery lately babe? We only have a month left to get everything done,”

“Yeah, I was thinking maybe something simple like cars or something like that….or even teddy bears. I am not really sure. I loved the jungle them in the twins’ room.”

“Wait, why don’t we do this then…instead of doing a new nursery we will just do a new room for the twins? I would suggest splitting them up but I don’t think that would be such a good idea since they have been in the same room forever, but we could always do a cars theme on Ethan’s side and maybe something girly on Emily’s side? How does that sound?” Kaylee sat there and thought about it for a second.

“You know that is not such a bad idea Nick.  Too bad they can’t be in toddler beds I’d be too afraid of them getting out at night, but I think that could work it shouldn’t be too hard right?”

“I don’t think so we can get everyone to pitch in again I am sure of it and this time it wouldn’t be that much of a surprise,” Nick smirked.

“Ok then it is settled we will start working on the twins rooms tomorrow since we don’t have a whole lot of time since this little guy comes and I don’t want to be in the middle of doing it and then opps! You know? So the sooner we get it done the better I will feel. I just hope he doesn’t decide to come too early.”

“Remember what Dr. Holdner said though she said there is a possibility because of the twins coming really early but you never know so please just take it easy. “

“I promise I will take it easy…and its time for the twins to go into their beds now.” Kaylee grabbed Ethan and Nick grabbed Emily and they took them up to their cribs and put them in and gave them their pacifiers and blankets and then left the room. Nick and Kaylee went into their room and got ready for bed as well .

Chapter End Notes:
please review!!!