- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I wrote this at like midnight so if some stuff doesn't make sense I am sorry it was late and I knew I needed to get another chapter out soon.
Nick parked the car at the venue. He now felt a little more comfortable around Kaylee than he did before at the airport. He looked back in his mirror before he got out and saw a smile appear on her face while she looked out the window of his SUV, and this was just no ordinary smile to Nick, this was a smile that he had never seen on anyone before. All Nick could do was just smile to himself. Kaylee got out of the SUV and so did Brian and then Nick followed.


”Do you think Kev is going to kill us? We’re five minutes late” Nick asked his buddy.


”Good question…let’s go in and find out, but something tells me he isn’t going to be too mad” Brian, Nick and Kaylee walked into the venue and saw the three remaining band members going over their parts.


”Well look who decided to come in late” AJ said.


”Shut up J it’s only like 5 minutes” Brian replied. Kaylee just stood there and couldn’t believe what was in front of her, her idols, her love of the past eight years standing right in front of her.


”Oh shit! I almost forgot hey guys this is Kaylee Wilson we had to go pick her up from the airport I thought I told you guys?” Nick questioned.


”You did I just felt like giving you guys some shit that’s all” AJ jumped down from the stage and walked over to Kaylee and gave her a hug,” It’s finally good to meet the girl who had taken over Nicky’s heart. I don’t think I have ever seen him so happy and alive” Nick smacked AJ on the arm,” Hey it’s the truth Nick”


”Yeah, yeah I feel the same as I always have J don’t exaggerate it and make it all pretty and fluffy” Kaylee thought it was cute the way Nick was trying his hardest to defend himself, but seemed to only dig himself into a deeper hole.


”Awe how cute, you are so adorable when you get all defensive” Kaylee said, Nick could only blush.


”Gee, thanks I guess? I am just feelin the love today”


”Oh but you are very much are by millions of screaming teenagers from around the world,” she laughed.


”Yeah and you’re one of them.” Just when Kaylee was going to make a remark to Nick’s last comment Brian came over with Leighanne and his son Baylee.


”Kaylee I want you to meet Leighanne and my son”


”Oh my gosh he is so much cutter in person” Kaylee couldn’t help but say it she couldn’t resist a cute kid who couldn’t?


”Yeah I know everyone seems to say that, but he is my son so I think he is cute no matter what” Brian said as he picked up his pride and joy.


”Come on guys stop playin around out there and get up here! We don’t have very much time until the show starts” Kevin said into the microphone.


”Well I think we’re being pages I guess we’d better get up there” AJ said.


”Yeah I guess you’re right we all know how Kev gets when something isn’t going well” Brian replied as he gave his son and wife a kiss and then the three boys ran up on stage and left Kaylee with Leighanne and little Baylee.


”So how far along are you? I remember Brian telling me little details about some mysterious girl Nick was like madly in love with or something and he mentioned she was pregnant” Leighanne turned to Kaylee and said.


”Three months not very far I know. It feels really weird I don’t know how to really explain it nor to really deal with it I guess it doesn’t help when the father just picked up and left me I had no one else to really turn to and that’s when I wrote Nick. I wasn’t even expecting anything back, but he did” Kaylee said in return. She just stood there and almost spilled her entire life out to someone she doesn’t even know.


”When I first found out Brian and I was going to be parents believe me we were both scared. We had never been parents I mean my sister has kids and Brian’s brother Harold has kids, but us? We didn’t think anything of it. We had always been around little children during family events. Now that we have Baylee its wonderful we couldn’t imagine not having him, and if you need anything don’t hesitate to call I have a feeling you’re a keeper in Nick’s mind” Leighanne said to Kaylee hoping to reassure her everything was going to be ok.


”Thank you I feel a litter better I guess being scared is just a “normal” thing I mean Nick is amazing everyone told me to find someone but I never expected this”


”Just go with the flow…sometimes the unexpected is always a good thing, and if it works than it works, and if it doesn’t than it doesn’t. I have been with these guys long enough to know how their little minds work and believe me you’re a hit already at least in Nick’s eyes and that’s all that matters” Kaylee couldn’t believe this was happening her now sitting there with Leighanne, a Backstreet Boys wife, talking about babies and then having an actual relationship with the Nick Carter. It was all happening too fast, but this was feeling right something about this whole experience so far was just feeling right to her. She didn’t know where this would take her and her unborn child, but somehow she knew everything was going to be ok.