- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I am taking name requests for the little baby, but I am not telling you if it is going to be a boy or a girl so if you want to add a name either add a boy or a girl name or add both...and the most creative one will be the bundle of joy's name, but just remember to review and add the name there :)
The next day Kaylee and Leighanne were off to the doctor’s office. Kaylee had been up all night she was so nervous about the doctor appointment. She was also up all night figuring how she was going to tell Nick her true feelings. She wanted to stay with him, but then again she didn’t she was still in love with her so-called sperm donor. But how can you be in love with someone who doesn’t even exist? There are no phone calls and not even a simple letter asking how she is doing, yet there was still that feeling in her heart.


”You seem to be thinking really hard about something Kaylee”


”Why do you say that?”


”You’re so quiet. I have never seen you this quiet before. What’s on your mind? And don’t say you’re worried about the doctor appointment,” How was it that everyone could read her like a book? She knew Leighanne was waiting for an answer, but how do you just come out and say it?


”Is it normal not to love someone back when you know they love you?”


”What do you mean?”


”I know Nick loves me, I love him, but not in the same way. I still have that feeling for the baby’s father. I want to get rid of it, really I do, but I don’t know how too.” She said spilling the beans.


”That’s common how can you not think about it? You’re carrying his child. He’ll always be apart of you whether you want him to be or not. Both of you made him or her. I think in time you’ll soon get over him and you’ll move on. I am really trying not to tell you what to do, but you have someone who is going to treat you right, ad who isn’t going to just get up and leave you. He’ll stay he’s a good man,” Leighanne said. Kaylee sighed. She knew Leighanne was right, but how long was it going to take to get over him and move on?,” We’re here” Leighanne parked the car and they gout out,” Oh! Don’t worry about the doctor appointment I am sure the baby is fine. Its normal to feel nervous especially when you don’t know what is going on inside of you. Just worry when you don’t start to feel him or her kick, but that’s not for awhile, but let me tell you when you first feel it, it’s one hell of a feeling,” Leighanne said.


”Thanks I feel a little better I guess.” They both walked into the clinic,” Yes I have an appointment today at eleven o’clock”


”Name and I need to see your medical card”


”My name is Kaylee Wilson” she said handing the nurse her medical card.


”The doctor will see you soon”


”So have you decided if you are going to move in with Nick or not? For some reason he keeps asking me if I know anything,” she said as she sat down.


”No I haven’t. I have been racking my brain though. I really want too, but the thing with the sperm donor has just got me all confused I guess.”


”What’s his real name? You keep calling him a sperm donor”


”Sorry it’s Justin I guess I can’t help but call him that”


”Its ok have you gotten anything from him like a phone call or something? I think he would at least want to know how you and baby are doing,” Kaylee shook her head,” What a prick” she said.


”Yeah, I know. I guess I can’t help but hope he comes waltzing back into my life. Even though I know he isn’t I can’t help but think of it.”


”Again, I am trying not to tell you what to do but I think it’s time for you to move on. You’re already like family to us and I would hate to see you leave. You are apart of the Backstreet Family now and so you don’t have any choice but to stay.” Leighanne laughed,” You just can’t and spare us the pains of having to listen to Nick complain and whine that you aren’t around. He’ll give Kevin a headache and you don’t want to be there when Kevin has a major headache.”


”Kaylee Wilson” they called her name. Kaylee and Leighanne got up and went into the back to the room,” Here you will need to pee in a cup.” The nurse said.


”Yay for me” she sarcastically said.


”Get used to it. You’ll be doing it every time you come in for a visit. But before we take your blood pressure we need to go and check your height and weight.” Kaylee couldn’t help but think of what Leighanne had said; maybe it was time to move on from Justin. She has more things to worry about. She figured if he really wanted to be with her he would be here instead of Leighanne. But she is with a Backstreet Boy and not Justin. Kaylee went back into the room and waited for the doctor, just when Kaylee was about to ask Leighanne a question there was a knock on the door.


”Come in” the doctor walked in.


”Hello Kaylee I am Dr. Weaver and I will be your doctor for the next 5 months or so. Why don’t we check you out some more? I reviewed your test results from your last doctor and it looks like you about four months a long. We’re going to do an ultrasound just to confirm that though and you may even get to get a sneak peak at the sex of your baby as well. But first let’s lay you back and see if we can hear a heartbeat” Kaylee laid down on the bed and the doctor lifted up her shirt and put a cold jelly like substance on her belly. The doctor grabbed the Doppler and started to move it around and then there it was…her unborn baby’s heartbeat. Something just came over Kaylee and he started to cry.


”Are you ok?” Leighanne asked,” A happy cry right?” Kaylee nodded.


”The baby sounds fine. Let me wipe you off and then get you an appointment for an ultrasound and your next appointment for next month as well.” The doctor left the room.


”Man, I wish Nick could have been here. I think he would have loved this,” Kaylee said.


”I am sure…see you should just go for him Kaylee…he is go looking forward to this baby thing. You know the other day when I was shopping at Wal-Mart Nick wanted to come I caught him looking a little girl clothes.” She laughed.


”Girl clothes? Well we’ll see about that huh? I can’t thank you enough for coming” Kaylee got down from the bed and gave Leighanne a hug.


”Your welcome” the doctor peaked in and handed her two pieces of paper.


”Just go to the front desk and hand them that and get set up for your next appointment.” As Kaylee walked out of the room she couldn’t believe she had heard her unborn child. It was something amazing and something that will change her life forever. Now she just has to decide whether she wants to move in with Nick or not.