- Text Size +
Chapter written by Veronica


~Police Station~


It was already getting dark but Rachel hadn't gone home yet. She was in her office reading when Sam entered.


"Hey Rach, what are you still doing here? You've been off duty for two hours."He questioned.


"Just finishing up some paper work."


Sam smiled at her, "I don't think reading a romance novel counts as work."


She looked up at Sam. "Ok, the thruth is that, I'm being followed. I know I'm trained and I can take care of myself, but I'm a little afraid."


"Let me guess, Jive people?"


Rachel nodded, "The problem is, I don't know when they started following me. Was it right after I arrested Brent. Because if they did, then they could have seen you and Anna. This whole thing can be undone if that's when they started.


"When did you notice them?"


"Well, I went home and I got some money. After that, when I went to the car to go to Anna's, that's when I noticed them?"


"If that was the first time you noticed them, chances are that's when they started watching you. That also means they know where you live... Well, I can take you home if you want Rach. Rossos can set something up, get some of the guys to watch over you. But in the meantime, I can be your personal body guard."


"Thanks Sam, but don't forget you can't be seen by them. They can't know you're a cop." Sam sighed. "I can't stay here forever." Rachel said as she stood.


"Be careful, Rach." He said as she walked out.


~Back to Anna~


Anna and Nick sat wating for their food to arrive. Nick couldn't keep his eyes off her. "So why the change?"


She couldn't tell him the thruth, as much as she wanted to be honest, she couldn't. "I needed a change. Sometimes life can get boring, you know, I needed to spice things up." She laughed. "I'd make a great actress." she thought to herself. "So, which look do you like better?" She struck a pose for Nick.


"I don't know. You're just beautiful all the time." They both smiled. Nick grabbed her hand and held it.


"So, what did you do? Why do you need to leave?" She asked even though she already knew the reason.


"I rather not tell you. It's safer for you not to know anything."He looked at her for sometime. "Anna, if you ever find out what I did, you'll hate me and I don't want that."


Their food arrived. They ate in silence. Both thinking about their present situation. Anna had no idea what to do. Nick was the man the police were looking for. She should arrest him right now, but couldn't. "What to do?"she thought to herself "I can't honestly take him out of the city. Can I?"


~Rachel's House~


Rachel was getting an awkward vibe as she approached her home. She noticed there was no one following her, "That's strange." she said aloud. She got out of her car and opened the door. As soon as she entered she was pulled by someone. The lights turned on. She struggled but the person only held her tighter.


"Calm down." She heard a male voice say. "I'm not going to kill you, for now."


"What do you want?" Rachel asked breathlessly.


"You..." Rachel didn't understand what he meant. "I think you know who I am." He let her go. Rachel turned to see that it was John Harrison. "We think you could be very useful to us."


"What does that mean?"


"Look, we know you're a cop. We could use someone like you in the Jive organization."


"Who sent you?"


He wasn't about to tell her that Larios was alive. "My boss."


"Who would that be?"


"I'm not answering. You need to answer me. Will you come to our side?"


"No. I would never do that."


John grabbed her again. "You really have no choice. Either you do or you die and we don't want that do we? Besides by looking at your house and that car you drive you can use the money."


It was true. Rachel was in desperate need of money. But could she do that? Could she become a corrupt cop? Her desicion could make or break her.